It means that no one has any opinions of his own except the freethinking poster who levels the charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:02 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 726post #10876 of 1411511/3/13 at 6:41pmpost #10877 of 1411511/3/13 at 7:05pmpost #10878 of 1411511/3/13 at 7:40pm
That would really stick it to noted SF posters like G. Bruce Boyer and Alan Flusser.
But seriously, when did this thread become so much about trousers? I've only intermittently managed the stuff above the waist* -- pushing the boat out with trousers seems unwise, if I want to stick to strict "good taste."
*Well, between the neck and waist. Up from there, I'm long gone.post #10879 of 1411511/3/13 at 9:39pmpost #10880 of 1411511/4/13 at 2:45am
This is what I meant; I think this jacket requires a solid shirt and tie, but since I have no decent solid ties (big mistake, I know, and will be fixed) I hope I did well enough. Out of all my new ties, this one has the less dense pattern (though it's large).
Edited by RDiaz - 11/4/13 at 3:01ampost #10881 of 1411511/4/13 at 4:41ampost #10882 of 1411511/4/13 at 4:55ampost #10883 of 1411511/4/13 at 5:25ampost #10884 of 1411511/4/13 at 5:28ampost #10885 of 1411511/4/13 at 5:59am
The above link would serve any Canadian with good taste pretty well! I am an associate at Hudson's Bay Company and have recommended our house-brand white dress shirt as it about the only shirt in-store I would be inclined to buy (thanks to the good folks on this site!). They have finally updated the shirt with a cutaway collar!! At $50 a pop, it is hard to go wrong.post #10886 of 1411511/4/13 at 6:30ampost #10887 of 1411511/4/13 at 6:32ampost #10888 of 1411511/4/13 at 6:34am
RDiaz, I think DocHolliday's suggestion of a simple stripe would work wonders here.
I've put temptation in your path by clicking around the Capelli website for you, but it's not as if tasteful repps are thin on the ground.
It ain't a bad idea to read the whole thread, too -- questions you didn't know you had will be answered.post #10889 of 1411511/4/13 at 6:36ampost #10890 of 1411511/4/13 at 6:42am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What cause such creasing on my shirt? 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 22 minutes ago
- › Cigars 23 minutes ago
- › Isaia shirts got smaller? 24 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 27 minutes ago
- › Need advice on SuitsDirect! 28 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › Buyer abuses the "item not as described", help! 31 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding