It means that no one has any opinions of his own except the freethinking poster who levels the charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:59 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 726post #10876 of 1390811/3/13 at 6:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10877 of 1390811/3/13 at 7:05pmpost #10878 of 1390811/3/13 at 7:40pm
That would really stick it to noted SF posters like G. Bruce Boyer and Alan Flusser.
But seriously, when did this thread become so much about trousers? I've only intermittently managed the stuff above the waist* -- pushing the boat out with trousers seems unwise, if I want to stick to strict "good taste."
*Well, between the neck and waist. Up from there, I'm long gone.post #10879 of 1390811/3/13 at 9:39pmpost #10880 of 1390811/4/13 at 2:45am
This is what I meant; I think this jacket requires a solid shirt and tie, but since I have no decent solid ties (big mistake, I know, and will be fixed) I hope I did well enough. Out of all my new ties, this one has the less dense pattern (though it's large).
Edited by RDiaz - 11/4/13 at 3:01ampost #10881 of 1390811/4/13 at 4:41ampost #10882 of 1390811/4/13 at 4:55ampost #10883 of 1390811/4/13 at 5:25ampost #10884 of 1390811/4/13 at 5:28ampost #10885 of 1390811/4/13 at 5:59am
The above link would serve any Canadian with good taste pretty well! I am an associate at Hudson's Bay Company and have recommended our house-brand white dress shirt as it about the only shirt in-store I would be inclined to buy (thanks to the good folks on this site!). They have finally updated the shirt with a cutaway collar!! At $50 a pop, it is hard to go wrong.post #10886 of 1390811/4/13 at 6:30ampost #10887 of 1390811/4/13 at 6:32ampost #10888 of 1390811/4/13 at 6:34am
RDiaz, I think DocHolliday's suggestion of a simple stripe would work wonders here.
I've put temptation in your path by clicking around the Capelli website for you, but it's not as if tasteful repps are thin on the ground.
It ain't a bad idea to read the whole thread, too -- questions you didn't know you had will be answered.post #10889 of 1390811/4/13 at 6:36am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Common Projects Suede derby size 43 43 seconds ago
- › NWT Belvest Linen/Wool Jacket Sz 48 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 6 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...