Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 724post #10846 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:21am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10847 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:24ampost #10848 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:27ampost #10849 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:28ampost #10850 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:46amQuote:
Same. I love a madder or wool medallion print for wear with a SC. That's where I wear the couple I have the most, and I have my eye on more.post #10851 of 1396211/2/13 at 10:54ampost #10852 of 1396211/2/13 at 12:54pmpost #10853 of 1396211/2/13 at 1:33pmpost #10854 of 1396211/2/13 at 3:19pmpost #10855 of 1396211/2/13 at 3:21pmpost #10856 of 1396211/2/13 at 3:31pmQuote:
Agree -- small patterns tightly spaced strike me as much easier to incorporate with solid suits than with sportcoats. What sort of coats do you wear those with, R?post #10857 of 1396211/2/13 at 3:46pm
That might be why I find slightly larger prints more pleasing with sport coats.
Out of those ties, 4 still haven't been worn (the first 3 challis and the first madder) cause they are new
The challis, knit and madders are worn with any sort of sport coat, from navy blazers to tweeds; I think they are quite versatile. Some could maybe work with a suit, but I just don't wear suits anymore. The twills are worn mostly with blazers, for a city look. They don't really work with more rustic coats.
In terms of pattern, most of my non-blazer sport coats have large enough checks, so wearing them with a solid shirt and one of those ties doesn't end up with a busy look IMO. I should, however, have thought ahead and get a couple solids too, because my new jacket (pictured with the ties) has a small scale pattern that is unlikely to work with anything but solids.post #10858 of 1396211/2/13 at 6:09pmpost #10859 of 1396211/2/13 at 9:27pmpost #10860 of 1396211/2/13 at 9:43pm
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 21 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...