or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 693

post #10381 of 13401
I am always up this late, but this particular evening I am on my way back from the DC SF meet up.

Amongst others, unbel was there. Was good times.
post #10382 of 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post


But do you have/can wear the light grey flannels like those in Foo's pic in my last post? I'll admit, I haven't liked your efforts in this thread. If you have light grey flannel, try em with some odd jackets and see what the feedback is. Worth the experiment I think.

 

I do have one pair of light gray flannels. I do wear them. However they aren't my favorites with every outfit. They are my favorites with SOME, but by no means are they my go to pents. I have to tell you, I could give two sh*ts about feedback. Yes, advise does have an influence what I wear, but I still wear what I want. And I happen to think gray trousers are ok. Not great. But ok.

post #10383 of 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

I am always up this late, but this particular evening I am on my way back from the DC SF meet up.

Amongst others, unbel was there. Was good timed.

 

Ooooh! I can't wait to hear about this. If there is ever a midwest meetup I'll be there.

post #10384 of 13401
smile.gif
post #10385 of 13401
Then it makes no sense to post in this thread seeking feedback from these arbiters of a certain taste if you don't care about feedback. I assumed that when you posted your pics in this thread it was to receive a judgment as to whether it fit this aesthetic.
post #10386 of 13401
Actually, the whole thing with that jacket (including why some would like it and some would not), has a pretty good explanation in terms of color theory, which cracked has pleasantly provided a decent explanation on:

See item #4. The links therein also further expand upon my hypothesis.
post #10387 of 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

I assumed that when you posted your pics in this thread it was to receive a judgment as to whether it fit this aesthetic.

 

As I said, I accept an appreciate advise, but my aesthetic is my own. I love advise because it helps me better achieve the look I want to achieve. However I will never change what I personally like simply because someone else thinks it isn't right. Don't like it? Take a number.

post #10388 of 13401
No wonder Manton and the rest quit this thread
post #10389 of 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdude View Post

No wonder Manton and the rest quit this thread

 

You are an ass, nuff said. I will no longer respond to you, or anything you say.

post #10390 of 13401
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #10391 of 13401
CM -
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.
post #10392 of 13401
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

CM -
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.

 

I get that. That's my entire point. As I said previously, the usefulness of (blank) v. (blank) trouser depends on whatever else your wardrobe is composed of. I will not dignify the question of whose SC collection is better with an answer.

post #10393 of 13401
I didn't pose any question about whose is "better." I just supposed that Manton wouldn't trade his for yours. You might not trade yours or his either. That would be a happy result. Anyway I don't want to start a big fight over it as by my count this is at least the third time this exact battle has been waged ITT.
post #10394 of 13401
but whose is bigger? uhoh.gif
post #10395 of 13401

I didn't think you were trying to start a fight. I certainly wasn't either. You simply stated one side and I stated the other. This is something that has been lost in this forum. The most informative arguments about clothes I've ever seen (for whatever that's worth) have been between some certain people in this thread. I don't know that it really matters anyway. SF has decided what it likes. And this hasn't really even been decided by Manton, Foo, whnay, or whathaveyou. It's been decided by the people who take their preferences as gospel. These old timers even state as much that these preferences are theirs alone, but it makes no difference.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread