Amongst others, unbel was there. Was good times.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:47 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 693post #10381 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10382 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
I do have one pair of light gray flannels. I do wear them. However they aren't my favorites with every outfit. They are my favorites with SOME, but by no means are they my go to pents. I have to tell you, I could give two sh*ts about feedback. Yes, advise does have an influence what I wear, but I still wear what I want. And I happen to think gray trousers are ok. Not great. But ok.post #10383 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:05pmpost #10384 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:08pmpost #10385 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:08pmpost #10386 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:08pmActually, the whole thing with that jacket (including why some would like it and some would not), has a pretty good explanation in terms of color theory, which cracked has pleasantly provided a decent explanation on:
See item #4. The links therein also further expand upon my hypothesis.post #10387 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
As I said, I accept an appreciate advise, but my aesthetic is my own. I love advise because it helps me better achieve the look I want to achieve. However I will never change what I personally like simply because someone else thinks it isn't right. Don't like it? Take a number.post #10388 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:15pmpost #10389 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:16pmpost #10390 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:18pmpost #10391 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:27pmCM -
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.post #10392 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.
I get that. That's my entire point. As I said previously, the usefulness of (blank) v. (blank) trouser depends on whatever else your wardrobe is composed of. I will not dignify the question of whose SC collection is better with an answer.post #10393 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:37pmI didn't pose any question about whose is "better." I just supposed that Manton wouldn't trade his for yours. You might not trade yours or his either. That would be a happy result. Anyway I don't want to start a big fight over it as by my count this is at least the third time this exact battle has been waged ITT.post #10394 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:41pmpost #10395 of 1394910/10/13 at 8:43pm
I didn't think you were trying to start a fight. I certainly wasn't either. You simply stated one side and I stated the other. This is something that has been lost in this forum. The most informative arguments about clothes I've ever seen (for whatever that's worth) have been between some certain people in this thread. I don't know that it really matters anyway. SF has decided what it likes. And this hasn't really even been decided by Manton, Foo, whnay, or whathaveyou. It's been decided by the people who take their preferences as gospel. These old timers even state as much that these preferences are theirs alone, but it makes no difference.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...