Amongst others, unbel was there. Was good times.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 693post #10381 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:04pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10382 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:05pmQuote:
I do have one pair of light gray flannels. I do wear them. However they aren't my favorites with every outfit. They are my favorites with SOME, but by no means are they my go to pents. I have to tell you, I could give two sh*ts about feedback. Yes, advise does have an influence what I wear, but I still wear what I want. And I happen to think gray trousers are ok. Not great. But ok.post #10383 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:05pmpost #10384 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:08pmpost #10385 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:08pmpost #10386 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:08pmActually, the whole thing with that jacket (including why some would like it and some would not), has a pretty good explanation in terms of color theory, which cracked has pleasantly provided a decent explanation on:
See item #4. The links therein also further expand upon my hypothesis.post #10387 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:11pmQuote:
As I said, I accept an appreciate advise, but my aesthetic is my own. I love advise because it helps me better achieve the look I want to achieve. However I will never change what I personally like simply because someone else thinks it isn't right. Don't like it? Take a number.post #10388 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:15pmpost #10389 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:16pmpost #10390 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:18pmpost #10391 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:27pmCM -
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.post #10392 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Take this FWIW. I have only seen a few of your pics, but my impression is that your SC collection doesn't have a lot of items in it that would suit Manton's taste. So part of the reason you find grays less valuable than he does is that you've got a much different SC wardrobe. If either of you were forced into the other's SCs you might understand each other's trouser selection more. Manton will probably think, if not say, that he's glad he doesn't have to make this trade with you, but that's another question.
I get that. That's my entire point. As I said previously, the usefulness of (blank) v. (blank) trouser depends on whatever else your wardrobe is composed of. I will not dignify the question of whose SC collection is better with an answer.post #10393 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:37pmI didn't pose any question about whose is "better." I just supposed that Manton wouldn't trade his for yours. You might not trade yours or his either. That would be a happy result. Anyway I don't want to start a big fight over it as by my count this is at least the third time this exact battle has been waged ITT.post #10394 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:41pmpost #10395 of 1340110/10/13 at 8:43pm
I didn't think you were trying to start a fight. I certainly wasn't either. You simply stated one side and I stated the other. This is something that has been lost in this forum. The most informative arguments about clothes I've ever seen (for whatever that's worth) have been between some certain people in this thread. I don't know that it really matters anyway. SF has decided what it likes. And this hasn't really even been decided by Manton, Foo, whnay, or whathaveyou. It's been decided by the people who take their preferences as gospel. These old timers even state as much that these preferences are theirs alone, but it makes no difference.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 23 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 1 minute ago
- › Coxy's Impulse Control / Kop Recovery Thread 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...