Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1393410/8/13 at 8:41amQuote:
i personally own a pair of blue odd pants, and i like them very much, but i find them very limited when trying to wear them with a jacket and tie.
i do however wear them a lot in the winter with a shirt and sweater or jacket and no tie.post #10248 of 1393410/8/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Pictures would probably help. The issue people tend to have is with navy odd trousers, which are tough to pair with a jacket and tie. A grey with a bit of a blueish hue probably wouldn't be as problematic and could work with more items. I'd think flannel is the ideal material for this sort of trouser.post #10249 of 1393410/8/13 at 9:13am
On the topic of blue-gray trousers:
Quote:Originally Posted by edmorel
In terms of cream flannels, I've never been able to wear them, I find them a bit too stark as they tend to be more white than brown. I guess they would work with grey or brown sportjackets but they just seem like everything you would wear them with, they would be very contrasting. I am having a pair of blue flannels made up, not AF blue, but this different blue below (on the left). I find myself partial to brown sportcoats for fall, I think this color, with some nice suede shoes, is a nice step away from the typical grey or brown flannels.
Something like the one on the right, tdude? I think that would be nice. Not quite as wearable as gray in the same value, but not a bad addition if you've got a few jackets it will work with and have more than a few pairs of gray flannels. I don't think it would work as well in a cloth other than flannel.post #10250 of 1393410/8/13 at 9:28ampost #10251 of 1393410/8/13 at 9:44amQuote:
No problem. I went out and picked up a pair of blue moleskins after reading that post. They work with a few things, though they're not the most versatile thing I've owned.post #10252 of 1393410/8/13 at 10:07ampost #10253 of 1393410/8/13 at 11:29amThere is nothing wrong with blue trousers. Come on. Just because they are easy to pair with a grey donegal/herringbone odd jacket? Please.
Someone pairs a navy suit/light blue shirt/navy tie and no one bats an eye.
Focus on fabric texture and fit can more than make up for (apparent) lack of color interest.post #10254 of 1393410/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #10255 of 1393410/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #10256 of 1393410/8/13 at 1:04pmpost #10257 of 1393410/9/13 at 8:24ampost #10258 of 1393410/9/13 at 8:36ampost #10259 of 1393410/9/13 at 8:42am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 seconds ago
- › Consolidated Tie Sale (Drakes, Tie Your Tie, Sozzi, Tadino etc) 25 seconds ago
- › Carmina GMTO 1 minute ago
- › Nigeria stock market Online Investment Invest $400 Return $4000 1 minute ago
- › So, I got a job at Men's Wearhouse 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Adelaide - 9.5 UK - Beautiful Vitello Bolet brown - 804... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Video Games 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan