Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1257710/8/13 at 8:41amQuote:
i personally own a pair of blue odd pants, and i like them very much, but i find them very limited when trying to wear them with a jacket and tie.
i do however wear them a lot in the winter with a shirt and sweater or jacket and no tie.post #10248 of 1257710/8/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Pictures would probably help. The issue people tend to have is with navy odd trousers, which are tough to pair with a jacket and tie. A grey with a bit of a blueish hue probably wouldn't be as problematic and could work with more items. I'd think flannel is the ideal material for this sort of trouser.post #10249 of 1257710/8/13 at 9:13am
On the topic of blue-gray trousers:
Quote:Originally Posted by edmorel
In terms of cream flannels, I've never been able to wear them, I find them a bit too stark as they tend to be more white than brown. I guess they would work with grey or brown sportjackets but they just seem like everything you would wear them with, they would be very contrasting. I am having a pair of blue flannels made up, not AF blue, but this different blue below (on the left). I find myself partial to brown sportcoats for fall, I think this color, with some nice suede shoes, is a nice step away from the typical grey or brown flannels.
Something like the one on the right, tdude? I think that would be nice. Not quite as wearable as gray in the same value, but not a bad addition if you've got a few jackets it will work with and have more than a few pairs of gray flannels. I don't think it would work as well in a cloth other than flannel.post #10250 of 1257710/8/13 at 9:28ampost #10251 of 1257710/8/13 at 9:44amQuote:
No problem. I went out and picked up a pair of blue moleskins after reading that post. They work with a few things, though they're not the most versatile thing I've owned.post #10252 of 1257710/8/13 at 10:07ampost #10253 of 1257710/8/13 at 11:29amThere is nothing wrong with blue trousers. Come on. Just because they are easy to pair with a grey donegal/herringbone odd jacket? Please.
Someone pairs a navy suit/light blue shirt/navy tie and no one bats an eye.
Focus on fabric texture and fit can more than make up for (apparent) lack of color interest.post #10254 of 1257710/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #10255 of 1257710/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #10256 of 1257710/8/13 at 1:04pmpost #10257 of 1257710/9/13 at 8:24ampost #10258 of 1257710/9/13 at 8:36ampost #10259 of 1257710/9/13 at 8:42am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Official Sales Alert thread 6 seconds ago
- › The Architecture Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Frye "James" Plain Toe Blucher Raw Leather Shoes size 11.5D nearly new 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 2 minutes ago
- › Naked and famous denim 2 minutes ago
- › NYC Meet-Up, TONIGHT, Tuesday 7/22!! 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)