Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1390810/8/13 at 8:41amQuote:
i personally own a pair of blue odd pants, and i like them very much, but i find them very limited when trying to wear them with a jacket and tie.
i do however wear them a lot in the winter with a shirt and sweater or jacket and no tie.post #10248 of 1390810/8/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Pictures would probably help. The issue people tend to have is with navy odd trousers, which are tough to pair with a jacket and tie. A grey with a bit of a blueish hue probably wouldn't be as problematic and could work with more items. I'd think flannel is the ideal material for this sort of trouser.post #10249 of 1390810/8/13 at 9:13am
On the topic of blue-gray trousers:
Quote:Originally Posted by edmorel
In terms of cream flannels, I've never been able to wear them, I find them a bit too stark as they tend to be more white than brown. I guess they would work with grey or brown sportjackets but they just seem like everything you would wear them with, they would be very contrasting. I am having a pair of blue flannels made up, not AF blue, but this different blue below (on the left). I find myself partial to brown sportcoats for fall, I think this color, with some nice suede shoes, is a nice step away from the typical grey or brown flannels.
Something like the one on the right, tdude? I think that would be nice. Not quite as wearable as gray in the same value, but not a bad addition if you've got a few jackets it will work with and have more than a few pairs of gray flannels. I don't think it would work as well in a cloth other than flannel.post #10250 of 1390810/8/13 at 9:28ampost #10251 of 1390810/8/13 at 9:44amQuote:
No problem. I went out and picked up a pair of blue moleskins after reading that post. They work with a few things, though they're not the most versatile thing I've owned.post #10252 of 1390810/8/13 at 10:07ampost #10253 of 1390810/8/13 at 11:29amThere is nothing wrong with blue trousers. Come on. Just because they are easy to pair with a grey donegal/herringbone odd jacket? Please.
Someone pairs a navy suit/light blue shirt/navy tie and no one bats an eye.
Focus on fabric texture and fit can more than make up for (apparent) lack of color interest.post #10254 of 1390810/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #10255 of 1390810/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #10256 of 1390810/8/13 at 1:04pmpost #10257 of 1390810/9/13 at 8:24ampost #10258 of 1390810/9/13 at 8:36ampost #10259 of 1390810/9/13 at 8:42am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 16 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Brand new Oliver Spencer Ribbed Gray Quilted Blazer Jacket 40 (fit... 1 minute ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Alden x Epaulet Alpine Grain Taunton Boots - 8.5D - WORN ONCE 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...