Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1396210/8/13 at 8:41amQuote:
i personally own a pair of blue odd pants, and i like them very much, but i find them very limited when trying to wear them with a jacket and tie.
i do however wear them a lot in the winter with a shirt and sweater or jacket and no tie.post #10248 of 1396210/8/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Pictures would probably help. The issue people tend to have is with navy odd trousers, which are tough to pair with a jacket and tie. A grey with a bit of a blueish hue probably wouldn't be as problematic and could work with more items. I'd think flannel is the ideal material for this sort of trouser.post #10249 of 1396210/8/13 at 9:13am
On the topic of blue-gray trousers:
Quote:Originally Posted by edmorel
In terms of cream flannels, I've never been able to wear them, I find them a bit too stark as they tend to be more white than brown. I guess they would work with grey or brown sportjackets but they just seem like everything you would wear them with, they would be very contrasting. I am having a pair of blue flannels made up, not AF blue, but this different blue below (on the left). I find myself partial to brown sportcoats for fall, I think this color, with some nice suede shoes, is a nice step away from the typical grey or brown flannels.
Something like the one on the right, tdude? I think that would be nice. Not quite as wearable as gray in the same value, but not a bad addition if you've got a few jackets it will work with and have more than a few pairs of gray flannels. I don't think it would work as well in a cloth other than flannel.post #10250 of 1396210/8/13 at 9:28ampost #10251 of 1396210/8/13 at 9:44amQuote:
No problem. I went out and picked up a pair of blue moleskins after reading that post. They work with a few things, though they're not the most versatile thing I've owned.post #10252 of 1396210/8/13 at 10:07ampost #10253 of 1396210/8/13 at 11:29amThere is nothing wrong with blue trousers. Come on. Just because they are easy to pair with a grey donegal/herringbone odd jacket? Please.
Someone pairs a navy suit/light blue shirt/navy tie and no one bats an eye.
Focus on fabric texture and fit can more than make up for (apparent) lack of color interest.post #10254 of 1396210/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #10255 of 1396210/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #10256 of 1396210/8/13 at 1:04pmpost #10257 of 1396210/9/13 at 8:24ampost #10258 of 1396210/9/13 at 8:36ampost #10259 of 1396210/9/13 at 8:42am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 seconds ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 48 seconds ago
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › What wallet do you use? 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford shirt 9 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 13 minutes ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...