Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:50 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: Today
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 684
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10247 of 1403810/8/13 at 8:41amQuote:
i personally own a pair of blue odd pants, and i like them very much, but i find them very limited when trying to wear them with a jacket and tie.
i do however wear them a lot in the winter with a shirt and sweater or jacket and no tie.post #10248 of 1403810/8/13 at 8:55amQuote:
Pictures would probably help. The issue people tend to have is with navy odd trousers, which are tough to pair with a jacket and tie. A grey with a bit of a blueish hue probably wouldn't be as problematic and could work with more items. I'd think flannel is the ideal material for this sort of trouser.post #10249 of 1403810/8/13 at 9:13am
On the topic of blue-gray trousers:
Quote:Originally Posted by edmorel
In terms of cream flannels, I've never been able to wear them, I find them a bit too stark as they tend to be more white than brown. I guess they would work with grey or brown sportjackets but they just seem like everything you would wear them with, they would be very contrasting. I am having a pair of blue flannels made up, not AF blue, but this different blue below (on the left). I find myself partial to brown sportcoats for fall, I think this color, with some nice suede shoes, is a nice step away from the typical grey or brown flannels.
Something like the one on the right, tdude? I think that would be nice. Not quite as wearable as gray in the same value, but not a bad addition if you've got a few jackets it will work with and have more than a few pairs of gray flannels. I don't think it would work as well in a cloth other than flannel.post #10250 of 1403810/8/13 at 9:28ampost #10251 of 1403810/8/13 at 9:44amQuote:
No problem. I went out and picked up a pair of blue moleskins after reading that post. They work with a few things, though they're not the most versatile thing I've owned.post #10252 of 1403810/8/13 at 10:07ampost #10253 of 1403810/8/13 at 11:29amThere is nothing wrong with blue trousers. Come on. Just because they are easy to pair with a grey donegal/herringbone odd jacket? Please.
Someone pairs a navy suit/light blue shirt/navy tie and no one bats an eye.
Focus on fabric texture and fit can more than make up for (apparent) lack of color interest.post #10254 of 1403810/8/13 at 12:34pmpost #10255 of 1403810/8/13 at 12:51pmpost #10256 of 1403810/8/13 at 1:04pmpost #10257 of 1403810/9/13 at 8:24ampost #10258 of 1403810/9/13 at 8:36ampost #10259 of 1403810/9/13 at 8:42am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 9 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 10 minutes ago
- › Acne Snake Razor Black Jeans Sz 32 12 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...