Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:30 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 683post #10231 of 1396210/5/13 at 5:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10232 of 1396210/6/13 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
o/o , what goes through your mind when you wear grey, pink and black and then decide to go with brown suede shoes?
It's pretty clear to me looking at this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that black shoes would work infinitely better.
Black shoes are too "easy". Most anyone can do that. In fact, most do so by "accident". But I do agree that a blue shirt would provide sufficient tonal cohesion to create the right blend. Thanks for sharing!post #10233 of 1396210/7/13 at 10:23amQuote:
1) Necro-post. Cripes.
2) I don't think that anyone who has more than a dozen posts here could argue that GDL has some of the best taste on the whole board.
"Thanks for sharing" indeed.post #10234 of 1396210/7/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Is "too easy" really such a bad thing? I'd rather not look like I'm trying too hard.
Of course, with the quoted rig, I'd think of brown suede shoes as the path of least resistance (dandyish rig with a flannel suit), so what do I know?post #10235 of 1396210/7/13 at 11:36ampost #10236 of 1396210/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #10237 of 1396210/7/13 at 3:19pmpost #10238 of 1396210/7/13 at 3:20pmpost #10239 of 1396210/7/13 at 5:43pmpost #10240 of 1396210/7/13 at 6:00pmpost #10241 of 1396210/7/13 at 6:10pmpost #10242 of 1396210/8/13 at 1:55amthis is fantasticOriginally Posted by in stitches
is this of the taste that is good?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beaut jacket- patch flap u don't see too much of. niceQuote:
OD/OT yr back! .. waitpost #10243 of 1396210/8/13 at 5:13ampost #10244 of 1396210/8/13 at 8:07amI know most of the forum elders have gone on to Valinor, but perhaps a few still watch like canta and doc, what's the thought on blue/grey odd trousers? Grey odd trousers, especially flannel, are beloved. But from time to time in pics, a certain shade of a brown or light brown looks just a bit off with a true mid-grey. Blues and browns work well for the most part, so what if the grey were given a bit of a blue cast. Not AFB. Not that saturated. More of a slate blue. Or does that still risk looking like the suit jacket is missing? I would love to hear from anyone who watches this thread, not just the elders.post #10245 of 1396210/8/13 at 8:14am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › suede shoes - post 'em here! 5 seconds ago
- › Can brogues be worn as casual-everyday-shoes? 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 2 minutes ago
- › YMC Navy Duck Down Quilted Vest Medium 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren RRL Double RL Quilted Hunting Vest Size Large 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Official 2015-2016 college football thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...