Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 683post #10231 of 1260210/5/13 at 5:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10232 of 1260210/6/13 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
o/o , what goes through your mind when you wear grey, pink and black and then decide to go with brown suede shoes?
It's pretty clear to me looking at this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that black shoes would work infinitely better.
Black shoes are too "easy". Most anyone can do that. In fact, most do so by "accident". But I do agree that a blue shirt would provide sufficient tonal cohesion to create the right blend. Thanks for sharing!post #10233 of 1260210/7/13 at 10:23amQuote:
1) Necro-post. Cripes.
2) I don't think that anyone who has more than a dozen posts here could argue that GDL has some of the best taste on the whole board.
"Thanks for sharing" indeed.post #10234 of 1260210/7/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Is "too easy" really such a bad thing? I'd rather not look like I'm trying too hard.
Of course, with the quoted rig, I'd think of brown suede shoes as the path of least resistance (dandyish rig with a flannel suit), so what do I know?post #10235 of 1260210/7/13 at 11:36ampost #10236 of 1260210/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #10237 of 1260210/7/13 at 3:19pmpost #10238 of 1260210/7/13 at 3:20pmpost #10239 of 1260210/7/13 at 5:43pmpost #10240 of 1260210/7/13 at 6:00pmpost #10241 of 1260210/7/13 at 6:10pmpost #10242 of 1260210/8/13 at 1:55amthis is fantasticOriginally Posted by in stitches
is this of the taste that is good?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beaut jacket- patch flap u don't see too much of. niceQuote:
OD/OT yr back! .. waitpost #10243 of 1260210/8/13 at 5:13ampost #10244 of 1260210/8/13 at 8:07amI know most of the forum elders have gone on to Valinor, but perhaps a few still watch like canta and doc, what's the thought on blue/grey odd trousers? Grey odd trousers, especially flannel, are beloved. But from time to time in pics, a certain shade of a brown or light brown looks just a bit off with a true mid-grey. Blues and browns work well for the most part, so what if the grey were given a bit of a blue cast. Not AFB. Not that saturated. More of a slate blue. Or does that still risk looking like the suit jacket is missing? I would love to hear from anyone who watches this thread, not just the elders.post #10245 of 1260210/8/13 at 8:14am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › Peir Wu 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)