Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:30 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 5:56 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 683post #10231 of 1412310/5/13 at 5:53pmpost #10232 of 1412310/6/13 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
o/o , what goes through your mind when you wear grey, pink and black and then decide to go with brown suede shoes?
It's pretty clear to me looking at this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that black shoes would work infinitely better.
Black shoes are too "easy". Most anyone can do that. In fact, most do so by "accident". But I do agree that a blue shirt would provide sufficient tonal cohesion to create the right blend. Thanks for sharing!post #10233 of 1412310/7/13 at 10:23amQuote:
1) Necro-post. Cripes.
2) I don't think that anyone who has more than a dozen posts here could argue that GDL has some of the best taste on the whole board.
"Thanks for sharing" indeed.post #10234 of 1412310/7/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Is "too easy" really such a bad thing? I'd rather not look like I'm trying too hard.
Of course, with the quoted rig, I'd think of brown suede shoes as the path of least resistance (dandyish rig with a flannel suit), so what do I know?post #10235 of 1412310/7/13 at 11:36ampost #10236 of 1412310/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #10237 of 1412310/7/13 at 3:19pmpost #10238 of 1412310/7/13 at 3:20pmpost #10239 of 1412310/7/13 at 5:43pmpost #10240 of 1412310/7/13 at 6:00pmpost #10241 of 1412310/7/13 at 6:10pmpost #10242 of 1412310/8/13 at 1:55amthis is fantasticOriginally Posted by in stitches
is this of the taste that is good?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beaut jacket- patch flap u don't see too much of. niceQuote:
OD/OT yr back! .. waitpost #10243 of 1412310/8/13 at 5:13ampost #10244 of 1412310/8/13 at 8:07amI know most of the forum elders have gone on to Valinor, but perhaps a few still watch like canta and doc, what's the thought on blue/grey odd trousers? Grey odd trousers, especially flannel, are beloved. But from time to time in pics, a certain shade of a brown or light brown looks just a bit off with a true mid-grey. Blues and browns work well for the most part, so what if the grey were given a bit of a blue cast. Not AFB. Not that saturated. More of a slate blue. Or does that still risk looking like the suit jacket is missing? I would love to hear from anyone who watches this thread, not just the elders.post #10245 of 1412310/8/13 at 8:14am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 18 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 14 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 16 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello LHS on Van Last in US 11.5D (Brand New) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway