Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 11:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Yesterday
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 683post #10231 of 1403810/5/13 at 5:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10232 of 1403810/6/13 at 3:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by gdl203
o/o , what goes through your mind when you wear grey, pink and black and then decide to go with brown suede shoes?
It's pretty clear to me looking at this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
that black shoes would work infinitely better.
Black shoes are too "easy". Most anyone can do that. In fact, most do so by "accident". But I do agree that a blue shirt would provide sufficient tonal cohesion to create the right blend. Thanks for sharing!post #10233 of 1403810/7/13 at 10:23amQuote:
1) Necro-post. Cripes.
2) I don't think that anyone who has more than a dozen posts here could argue that GDL has some of the best taste on the whole board.
"Thanks for sharing" indeed.post #10234 of 1403810/7/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Is "too easy" really such a bad thing? I'd rather not look like I'm trying too hard.
Of course, with the quoted rig, I'd think of brown suede shoes as the path of least resistance (dandyish rig with a flannel suit), so what do I know?post #10235 of 1403810/7/13 at 11:36ampost #10236 of 1403810/7/13 at 2:38pmpost #10237 of 1403810/7/13 at 3:19pmpost #10238 of 1403810/7/13 at 3:20pmpost #10239 of 1403810/7/13 at 5:43pmpost #10240 of 1403810/7/13 at 6:00pmpost #10241 of 1403810/7/13 at 6:10pmpost #10242 of 1403810/8/13 at 1:55amthis is fantasticOriginally Posted by in stitches
is this of the taste that is good?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beaut jacket- patch flap u don't see too much of. niceQuote:
OD/OT yr back! .. waitpost #10243 of 1403810/8/13 at 5:13ampost #10244 of 1403810/8/13 at 8:07amI know most of the forum elders have gone on to Valinor, but perhaps a few still watch like canta and doc, what's the thought on blue/grey odd trousers? Grey odd trousers, especially flannel, are beloved. But from time to time in pics, a certain shade of a brown or light brown looks just a bit off with a true mid-grey. Blues and browns work well for the most part, so what if the grey were given a bit of a blue cast. Not AFB. Not that saturated. More of a slate blue. Or does that still risk looking like the suit jacket is missing? I would love to hear from anyone who watches this thread, not just the elders.post #10245 of 1403810/8/13 at 8:14am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet Walt Dress Pants Fit - Space Ghost Super 130's & Pale Grape... 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...