Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 681
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10202 of 126039/24/13 at 9:21pmpost #10203 of 126039/24/13 at 9:33pm
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.post #10204 of 126039/24/13 at 9:37pmpost #10205 of 126039/24/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
BB non iron.
And thanks again!Quote:
Me too.post #10206 of 126039/24/13 at 9:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.
Fair enough, given the purpose of this thread...which I'm not sure anyone really knows exactly what that (purpose) is. Either way, the NYI fit posted by JRD was f'in awesome.post #10207 of 126039/24/13 at 10:05pmpost #10208 of 126039/24/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
For a long time this thread's chief purpose has been to provide a haven for guys who either think they're too advanced to post to the regular WAYWRN or think they have made enough progress to cater compliments from the old guard.
This is not an argument about the purpose of the thread, merely an explanation of its existence long after Manton abandoned it.post #10209 of 126039/24/13 at 10:26pmpost #10210 of 126039/30/13 at 9:42ampost #10211 of 126039/30/13 at 9:46ampost #10212 of 126039/30/13 at 9:47ampost #10213 of 126039/30/13 at 9:50ampost #10214 of 126039/30/13 at 9:56ampost #10215 of 126039/30/13 at 9:58am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 39 seconds ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 52 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 54 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)