Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:43 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:36 am in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 681
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10202 of 139089/24/13 at 9:21pmpost #10203 of 139089/24/13 at 9:33pm
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.post #10204 of 139089/24/13 at 9:37pmpost #10205 of 139089/24/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
BB non iron.
And thanks again!Quote:
Me too.post #10206 of 139089/24/13 at 9:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.
Fair enough, given the purpose of this thread...which I'm not sure anyone really knows exactly what that (purpose) is. Either way, the NYI fit posted by JRD was f'in awesome.post #10207 of 139089/24/13 at 10:05pmpost #10208 of 139089/24/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
For a long time this thread's chief purpose has been to provide a haven for guys who either think they're too advanced to post to the regular WAYWRN or think they have made enough progress to cater compliments from the old guard.
This is not an argument about the purpose of the thread, merely an explanation of its existence long after Manton abandoned it.post #10209 of 139089/24/13 at 10:26pmpost #10210 of 139089/30/13 at 9:42ampost #10211 of 139089/30/13 at 9:46ampost #10212 of 139089/30/13 at 9:47ampost #10213 of 139089/30/13 at 9:50ampost #10214 of 139089/30/13 at 9:56ampost #10215 of 139089/30/13 at 9:58am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Tailor4Less ( avoid at all costs ) just now
- › Handmade Leather Artisan 8 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY (really Saturday) CHALLENGE: March 28th: 50 Shades of Black Tie 31 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 39 seconds ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...