Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 681
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10202 of 133139/24/13 at 9:21pmpost #10203 of 133139/24/13 at 9:33pm
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.post #10204 of 133139/24/13 at 9:37pmpost #10205 of 133139/24/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
BB non iron.
And thanks again!Quote:
Me too.post #10206 of 133139/24/13 at 9:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Most of what NYI wears wouldn't fall within the realm of this thread. Which isn't to say it's bad. I generally prefer his outfits to most of what is posted in here, both currently and probably when Manton and Foo were enforcing their vision for the thread. Good taste, as Manton defined it, isn't the only standard by which one can gauge CM. It's a good one, but not the only one.
Fair enough, given the purpose of this thread...which I'm not sure anyone really knows exactly what that (purpose) is. Either way, the NYI fit posted by JRD was f'in awesome.post #10207 of 133139/24/13 at 10:05pmpost #10208 of 133139/24/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
For a long time this thread's chief purpose has been to provide a haven for guys who either think they're too advanced to post to the regular WAYWRN or think they have made enough progress to cater compliments from the old guard.
This is not an argument about the purpose of the thread, merely an explanation of its existence long after Manton abandoned it.post #10209 of 133139/24/13 at 10:26pmpost #10210 of 133139/30/13 at 9:42ampost #10211 of 133139/30/13 at 9:46ampost #10212 of 133139/30/13 at 9:47ampost #10213 of 133139/30/13 at 9:50ampost #10214 of 133139/30/13 at 9:56ampost #10215 of 133139/30/13 at 9:58am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 25 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 17 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 18 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 19 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)