or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 674

post #10096 of 13589
post #10097 of 13589
^de-bearded? Do have a more graceful demeanor until it grows back?

It looks good overall but the lapels are a bit slim on that suit.

Also, do you have your pocket flaps all stuffed in or are they welt pockets?
post #10098 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willin View Post

^de-bearded? Do have a more graceful demeanor until it grows back?

It looks good overall but the lapels are a bit slim on that suit.

Also, do you have your pocket flaps all stuffed in or are they welt pockets?

Does this mean that you find me generally graceless? frown.gif

I agree about the lapels, but these PRL suits fit me well and I tolerate them.

Flaps have been stuffed. I prefer the besom look on suits.
post #10099 of 13589
Will.i.n
post #10100 of 13589
So what are some guidelines to follow when wearing a sport coat lighter than pants? I was thinking of pairing a mid-brown/tan sport coat with navy linen pants. I'm not sure if this would look good or not. The jacket is sufficiently dark to create contrast with a light blue shirt.
post #10101 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Does this mean that you find me generally graceless? frown.gif

I agree about the lapels, but these PRL suits fit me well and I tolerate them.

Flaps have been stuffed. I prefer the besom look on suits.


It's time you get some bespokes, dude. How did you lose so much weight?
post #10102 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post


It's time you get some bespokes, dude. How did you lose so much weight?

 

Do you think he really needs to? His RTW seems to fit better than a lot of bespoke I see.

post #10103 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Instiches, really an outstanding effort on that one.

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Ahem:

ffffuuuu.gif

tbh, im glad i did. it was a fun deviation from my norm.
post #10104 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Does this mean that you find me generally graceless? frown.gif

I agree about the lapels, but these PRL suits fit me well and I tolerate them.

Flaps have been stuffed. I prefer the besom look on suits.


It's time you get some bespokes, dude. How did you lose so much weight?

I would love to venture into bespoke, or at least MTM, but I really can't justify the expenditure at this point. As they say, "I got kids. I got bills." I do harbor notions of venturing out to pBOOTH's tailor when I'm in NYC in November, but I think my tight schedule will keep me on the straight and narrow.

Lost the weight with a combination of running and tracking what I eat. Mostly the latter. I give myself a net of 1800 calories per day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post

It's time you get some bespokes, dude. How did you lose so much weight?

Do you think he really needs to? His RTW seems to fit better than a lot of bespoke I see.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by archibaldleach View Post

Instiches, really an outstanding effort on that one.

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Ahem:

ffffuuuu.gif

tbh, im glad i did. it was a fun deviation from my norm.

nod[1].gif
post #10105 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

So what are some guidelines to follow when wearing a sport coat lighter than pants? I was thinking of pairing a mid-brown/tan sport coat with navy linen pants. I'm not sure if this would look good or not. The jacket is sufficiently dark to create contrast with a light blue shirt.

The trouble with this is that too much contrast looks bottom heavy, and too little is dull. That blue shade edmorel posted would look good with tan or light gray. Navy really is much harder to do.

 

I'll wear gray trousers darker than a jacket with impunity, but navy is so dark.

post #10106 of 13589
The vast majority of the time when I see a lighter SC with darker pants it looks like that person just strolled out of Joseph A. Banks. In my opinion it's rarely executed well.



sugarbutch - I was referring to the slogan in your avatar. I thought without the beard you might be more cheery? Unless your slogan is meant to be taken in a more intimately descriptive anatomical manner in which case I am shocked and appalled!
post #10107 of 13589
Ah, well, um, I see...

Was it DerekS who christened me a bearded prick? There have been so many insults in the intervening time that I have forgotten.
post #10108 of 13589
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

So what are some guidelines to follow when wearing a sport coat lighter than pants? I was thinking of pairing a mid-brown/tan sport coat with navy linen pants. I'm not sure if this would look good or not. The jacket is sufficiently dark to create contrast with a light blue shirt.

I wouldn't really equate mid-brown and tan, but mid-brown goes splendidly with mid-to-dark gray pants. Here's an example from the FW09 Belvest lookbook:



Tan doesn't work nearly as well. Indeed, I'm yet to come across a happy pairing of a tan upper with a darkish lower. Cautionary examples, however, are easily come by:



post #10109 of 13589
On my screen, that top one needs more contrast, and what's ailing the tan outfits isn't (just) the fact that the trou are darker.

Dark trou, light top needs a darker tie to avoid creating a horizontal divide.
post #10110 of 13589
I don't know doc, if that last one doesn't scream good taste I don't know what does.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › whnay.'s good taste thread