Now that's how you rock a lighter colored sport coat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 6:35 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 673post #10081 of 139349/11/13 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10082 of 139349/11/13 at 11:33ampost #10083 of 139349/11/13 at 11:38am
Yeah, I can visualize and that looks nice. The tan would be mid/dark and the colors running through the pattern would be darker so that's visually appealing.
The combos I dislike are cream shades of sport coats with mid-grey trousers and the like.post #10084 of 139349/11/13 at 12:24pmi think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.post #10085 of 139349/11/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.
Also, wearing a lighter jacket can make things more difficult when it comes to pairing jackets with shirts (and ties if applicable). Pretty much any tasteful solid dress shirt is either white or a light blue, lilac or pink, or has a meaningful white background that covers 50% of the shirt in the case of some darker stripe or check patterns. A darker jacket creates an effective contrast with a light shirt; a ligher colored jacket can have issues here. It is possible to have darker trousers and lighter jackets, just harder to do well.post #10086 of 139349/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #10087 of 139349/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #10088 of 139349/11/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
+1, just because I recently found out I'm one of them. Guys with bigger bottom halves greatly benefit from darker trousers. One of my top priorities for this F/W was a pair of cream flannels, but now I'm leaning towards charcoal flannels instead.post #10089 of 139349/12/13 at 8:51ampost #10090 of 139349/12/13 at 9:03ampost #10091 of 139349/12/13 at 9:09ampost #10092 of 139349/12/13 at 9:11amQuote:
thanks, jester. its over 90 degrees here. and humid as a swamp. blame SB, he made solid gray required for the friday challenge, and this is my only solid gray suit.
yessir. blame SB. he made it required for the friday challenge.
however, i am pleased with the result. so, THANKS SB!!!post #10093 of 139349/12/13 at 9:14ampost #10094 of 139349/12/13 at 9:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1158 Active Users (230 Members and 928 Guests)
- › ***The Official Dior Homme Thread*** 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 12 minutes ago
- › Whole time well you know okay 16 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 16 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 23 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 27 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 27 minutes ago
- › The Contentedness thread 28 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 28 minutes ago
- › Brain Games For Adults 44 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan