Now that's how you rock a lighter colored sport coat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on Today at 4:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 3:04 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 673post #10081 of 139629/11/13 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10082 of 139629/11/13 at 11:33ampost #10083 of 139629/11/13 at 11:38am
Yeah, I can visualize and that looks nice. The tan would be mid/dark and the colors running through the pattern would be darker so that's visually appealing.
The combos I dislike are cream shades of sport coats with mid-grey trousers and the like.post #10084 of 139629/11/13 at 12:24pmi think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.post #10085 of 139629/11/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.
Also, wearing a lighter jacket can make things more difficult when it comes to pairing jackets with shirts (and ties if applicable). Pretty much any tasteful solid dress shirt is either white or a light blue, lilac or pink, or has a meaningful white background that covers 50% of the shirt in the case of some darker stripe or check patterns. A darker jacket creates an effective contrast with a light shirt; a ligher colored jacket can have issues here. It is possible to have darker trousers and lighter jackets, just harder to do well.post #10086 of 139629/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #10087 of 139629/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #10088 of 139629/11/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
+1, just because I recently found out I'm one of them. Guys with bigger bottom halves greatly benefit from darker trousers. One of my top priorities for this F/W was a pair of cream flannels, but now I'm leaning towards charcoal flannels instead.post #10089 of 139629/12/13 at 8:51ampost #10090 of 139629/12/13 at 9:03ampost #10091 of 139629/12/13 at 9:09ampost #10092 of 139629/12/13 at 9:11amQuote:
thanks, jester. its over 90 degrees here. and humid as a swamp. blame SB, he made solid gray required for the friday challenge, and this is my only solid gray suit.
yessir. blame SB. he made it required for the friday challenge.
however, i am pleased with the result. so, THANKS SB!!!post #10093 of 139629/12/13 at 9:14ampost #10094 of 139629/12/13 at 9:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1185 Active Users (181 Members and 1004 Guests)
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Makr Ruck Sack 12 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Fjallraven Kanken Backpack - Laptop 15" 24 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 29 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015