Now that's how you rock a lighter colored sport coat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 673post #10081 of 125779/11/13 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10082 of 125779/11/13 at 11:33ampost #10083 of 125779/11/13 at 11:38am
Yeah, I can visualize and that looks nice. The tan would be mid/dark and the colors running through the pattern would be darker so that's visually appealing.
The combos I dislike are cream shades of sport coats with mid-grey trousers and the like.post #10084 of 125779/11/13 at 12:24pmi think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.post #10085 of 125779/11/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.
Also, wearing a lighter jacket can make things more difficult when it comes to pairing jackets with shirts (and ties if applicable). Pretty much any tasteful solid dress shirt is either white or a light blue, lilac or pink, or has a meaningful white background that covers 50% of the shirt in the case of some darker stripe or check patterns. A darker jacket creates an effective contrast with a light shirt; a ligher colored jacket can have issues here. It is possible to have darker trousers and lighter jackets, just harder to do well.post #10086 of 125779/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #10087 of 125779/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #10088 of 125779/11/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
+1, just because I recently found out I'm one of them. Guys with bigger bottom halves greatly benefit from darker trousers. One of my top priorities for this F/W was a pair of cream flannels, but now I'm leaning towards charcoal flannels instead.post #10089 of 125779/12/13 at 8:51ampost #10090 of 125779/12/13 at 9:03ampost #10091 of 125779/12/13 at 9:09ampost #10092 of 125779/12/13 at 9:11amQuote:
thanks, jester. its over 90 degrees here. and humid as a swamp. blame SB, he made solid gray required for the friday challenge, and this is my only solid gray suit.
yessir. blame SB. he made it required for the friday challenge.
however, i am pleased with the result. so, THANKS SB!!!post #10093 of 125779/12/13 at 9:14ampost #10094 of 125779/12/13 at 9:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 538 Active Users (121 Members and 417 Guests)
- › What music are you listening to lately? 54 seconds ago
- › Carson Street Clothiers - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 7 minutes ago
- › How to use custom lapel pins 8 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 16 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 16 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 23 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)