Now that's how you rock a lighter colored sport coat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 673post #10081 of 141539/11/13 at 11:28ampost #10082 of 141539/11/13 at 11:33ampost #10083 of 141539/11/13 at 11:38am
Yeah, I can visualize and that looks nice. The tan would be mid/dark and the colors running through the pattern would be darker so that's visually appealing.
The combos I dislike are cream shades of sport coats with mid-grey trousers and the like.post #10084 of 141539/11/13 at 12:24pmi think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.post #10085 of 141539/11/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.
Also, wearing a lighter jacket can make things more difficult when it comes to pairing jackets with shirts (and ties if applicable). Pretty much any tasteful solid dress shirt is either white or a light blue, lilac or pink, or has a meaningful white background that covers 50% of the shirt in the case of some darker stripe or check patterns. A darker jacket creates an effective contrast with a light shirt; a ligher colored jacket can have issues here. It is possible to have darker trousers and lighter jackets, just harder to do well.post #10086 of 141539/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #10087 of 141539/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #10088 of 141539/11/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
+1, just because I recently found out I'm one of them. Guys with bigger bottom halves greatly benefit from darker trousers. One of my top priorities for this F/W was a pair of cream flannels, but now I'm leaning towards charcoal flannels instead.post #10089 of 141539/12/13 at 8:51ampost #10090 of 141539/12/13 at 9:03ampost #10091 of 141539/12/13 at 9:09ampost #10092 of 141539/12/13 at 9:11amQuote:
thanks, jester. its over 90 degrees here. and humid as a swamp. blame SB, he made solid gray required for the friday challenge, and this is my only solid gray suit.
yessir. blame SB. he made it required for the friday challenge.
however, i am pleased with the result. so, THANKS SB!!!post #10093 of 141539/12/13 at 9:14ampost #10094 of 141539/12/13 at 9:20ampost #10095 of 141539/12/13 at 11:41am
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1589 Active Users (318 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › PSA - STP falke socks 5 minutes ago
- › Jeeves x Vass MTO and GMTO Central Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...