Now that's how you rock a lighter colored sport coat.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 673post #10081 of 139059/11/13 at 11:28am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10082 of 139059/11/13 at 11:33ampost #10083 of 139059/11/13 at 11:38am
Yeah, I can visualize and that looks nice. The tan would be mid/dark and the colors running through the pattern would be darker so that's visually appealing.
The combos I dislike are cream shades of sport coats with mid-grey trousers and the like.post #10084 of 139059/11/13 at 12:24pmi think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.post #10085 of 139059/11/13 at 12:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i think the darker up top rule is a good one for the most part. its one of those things where it just makes it harder to fail if you stick to it. going for darker trou than SC is a harder move to accomplish well, and if one is doing it, they need to be a bit more mindful, selective and careful with the pairing. imo anyways.
Also, wearing a lighter jacket can make things more difficult when it comes to pairing jackets with shirts (and ties if applicable). Pretty much any tasteful solid dress shirt is either white or a light blue, lilac or pink, or has a meaningful white background that covers 50% of the shirt in the case of some darker stripe or check patterns. A darker jacket creates an effective contrast with a light shirt; a ligher colored jacket can have issues here. It is possible to have darker trousers and lighter jackets, just harder to do well.post #10086 of 139059/11/13 at 12:56pmpost #10087 of 139059/11/13 at 1:03pmpost #10088 of 139059/11/13 at 1:04pmQuote:
+1, just because I recently found out I'm one of them. Guys with bigger bottom halves greatly benefit from darker trousers. One of my top priorities for this F/W was a pair of cream flannels, but now I'm leaning towards charcoal flannels instead.post #10089 of 139059/12/13 at 8:51ampost #10090 of 139059/12/13 at 9:03ampost #10091 of 139059/12/13 at 9:09ampost #10092 of 139059/12/13 at 9:11amQuote:
thanks, jester. its over 90 degrees here. and humid as a swamp. blame SB, he made solid gray required for the friday challenge, and this is my only solid gray suit.
yessir. blame SB. he made it required for the friday challenge.
however, i am pleased with the result. so, THANKS SB!!!post #10093 of 139059/12/13 at 9:14ampost #10094 of 139059/12/13 at 9:20am
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1253 Active Users (285 Members and 968 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 29 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Where can I buy these black boots? 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › $1200 John Lobb Calfskin Derbys (New Museum Gold) 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...