By that, do you mean that it is aesthetic preference, or there is really something wrong with it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:16 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 670post #10037 of 141149/8/13 at 5:54amQuote:
Yeah, the cloth is out of stock, but I find it surprising that something like that can't be found somewhere else. Even Brooks Brothers sells (or used to sell) a district check jacket that is similar - Pliny has it...
Not the same thing, but perhaps close enough.
Edited by RDiaz - 9/8/13 at 6:05ampost #10038 of 141149/8/13 at 7:01ampost #10039 of 141149/8/13 at 7:23ampost #10040 of 141149/8/13 at 8:27am
JPHardy, that's not bad, but it seems too monochrome (just brown and white besides the blue overcheck). I think the different shades of brown on a cream ground is what makes the Riviera nicer. I have seen several gun clubs that look similar to the Riviera, but they all have a red overcheck, which I don't like. Someone must make something with blue, I haven't found one yet :ppost #10041 of 141149/8/13 at 1:39pmpost #10042 of 141149/8/13 at 2:07pmpost #10043 of 141149/8/13 at 2:10pmpost #10044 of 141149/8/13 at 2:15pmpost #10045 of 141149/8/13 at 2:17pm
So, ix-nay on the irt-shay? What if it was a light blue with a white stripe, with the same widths? Is it perverse that I think that would be worse? I normally have a pretty strong preference for stripes that are the same width. I made an exception for this shirt, but the pattern is my least favorite thing about it.post #10046 of 141149/8/13 at 2:25pmpost #10047 of 141149/8/13 at 2:35pmpost #10048 of 141149/8/13 at 2:37pmQuote:
I would suggest something darker. It doesn't have to match the trousers or anything that mundane, but those are just too light. They look almost athletic. I might have gone with an argyle in grey and navy.post #10049 of 141149/8/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.post #10050 of 141149/8/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.
I honestly can't comment on whether it's more or less correct, historically speaking. Fred Astaire notwithstanding, I simply think it breaks up the line of the trousers too much. I little bit of color in the socks can be good, but a serious break in color or shade has to be done very carefully.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › RLBL Ralph Lauren Black Label 38R Dark Charcoal Grey Suit 2 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 29 June 2016 - The "What the hell was I thinking"... 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 4 minutes ago
- › Stain Removal from Cotton? 4 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 5 minutes ago
- › Loake Kempton - Brown Suede - 11UK 7 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding