By that, do you mean that it is aesthetic preference, or there is really something wrong with it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
- Med school interview coming up, need advice Last post on 11/19/12 at 9:10am in Classic Menswear
- If you do not own the following things, you are not well dressed Last post on 5/17/14 at 1:01am in Classic Menswear
- The Worst Look Last post on 10/1/13 at 11:54pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 670post #10036 of 126029/8/13 at 4:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10037 of 126029/8/13 at 5:54amQuote:
Yeah, the cloth is out of stock, but I find it surprising that something like that can't be found somewhere else. Even Brooks Brothers sells (or used to sell) a district check jacket that is similar - Pliny has it...
Not the same thing, but perhaps close enough.
Edited by RDiaz - 9/8/13 at 6:05ampost #10038 of 126029/8/13 at 7:01ampost #10039 of 126029/8/13 at 7:23ampost #10040 of 126029/8/13 at 8:27am
JPHardy, that's not bad, but it seems too monochrome (just brown and white besides the blue overcheck). I think the different shades of brown on a cream ground is what makes the Riviera nicer. I have seen several gun clubs that look similar to the Riviera, but they all have a red overcheck, which I don't like. Someone must make something with blue, I haven't found one yet :ppost #10041 of 126029/8/13 at 1:39pmpost #10042 of 126029/8/13 at 2:07pmpost #10043 of 126029/8/13 at 2:10pmpost #10044 of 126029/8/13 at 2:15pmpost #10045 of 126029/8/13 at 2:17pm
So, ix-nay on the irt-shay? What if it was a light blue with a white stripe, with the same widths? Is it perverse that I think that would be worse? I normally have a pretty strong preference for stripes that are the same width. I made an exception for this shirt, but the pattern is my least favorite thing about it.post #10046 of 126029/8/13 at 2:25pmpost #10047 of 126029/8/13 at 2:35pmpost #10048 of 126029/8/13 at 2:37pmQuote:
I would suggest something darker. It doesn't have to match the trousers or anything that mundane, but those are just too light. They look almost athletic. I might have gone with an argyle in grey and navy.post #10049 of 126029/8/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.post #10050 of 126029/8/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.
I honestly can't comment on whether it's more or less correct, historically speaking. Fred Astaire notwithstanding, I simply think it breaks up the line of the trousers too much. I little bit of color in the socks can be good, but a serious break in color or shade has to be done very carefully.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 34 seconds ago
- › ***BRAND NEW Dita Statesman Tokyo Tortoise Size 52 mm*** 12 minutes ago
- › Garments Manufacturers and Exporters 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › WrongWeather.net, Fashion & Lifestyle for Contemporary Men:... 19 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Have you ever had an occasion where SF mentality/attitude/uniform... 29 minutes ago
- › Recent Purchases 39 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)