By that, do you mean that it is aesthetic preference, or there is really something wrong with it?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 9:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 7:13 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 670post #10036 of 139349/8/13 at 4:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10037 of 139349/8/13 at 5:54amQuote:
Yeah, the cloth is out of stock, but I find it surprising that something like that can't be found somewhere else. Even Brooks Brothers sells (or used to sell) a district check jacket that is similar - Pliny has it...
Not the same thing, but perhaps close enough.
Edited by RDiaz - 9/8/13 at 6:05ampost #10038 of 139349/8/13 at 7:01ampost #10039 of 139349/8/13 at 7:23ampost #10040 of 139349/8/13 at 8:27am
JPHardy, that's not bad, but it seems too monochrome (just brown and white besides the blue overcheck). I think the different shades of brown on a cream ground is what makes the Riviera nicer. I have seen several gun clubs that look similar to the Riviera, but they all have a red overcheck, which I don't like. Someone must make something with blue, I haven't found one yet :ppost #10041 of 139349/8/13 at 1:39pmpost #10042 of 139349/8/13 at 2:07pmpost #10043 of 139349/8/13 at 2:10pmpost #10044 of 139349/8/13 at 2:15pmpost #10045 of 139349/8/13 at 2:17pm
So, ix-nay on the irt-shay? What if it was a light blue with a white stripe, with the same widths? Is it perverse that I think that would be worse? I normally have a pretty strong preference for stripes that are the same width. I made an exception for this shirt, but the pattern is my least favorite thing about it.post #10046 of 139349/8/13 at 2:25pmpost #10047 of 139349/8/13 at 2:35pmpost #10048 of 139349/8/13 at 2:37pmQuote:
I would suggest something darker. It doesn't have to match the trousers or anything that mundane, but those are just too light. They look almost athletic. I might have gone with an argyle in grey and navy.post #10049 of 139349/8/13 at 2:44pmQuote:
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.post #10050 of 139349/8/13 at 2:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
If I'd had the right argyle for the rest of what I had on, it would have been my choice. I figured plain navy was less elegant than these. I picked up a number of them very cheaply, based on a photo of Fred Astaire in Gentleman, which is a choice which could only be more iGent-ish if it had been a photo of Agnelli.
I honestly can't comment on whether it's more or less correct, historically speaking. Fred Astaire notwithstanding, I simply think it breaks up the line of the trousers too much. I little bit of color in the socks can be good, but a serious break in color or shade has to be done very carefully.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent FW 13 Skinny Leather pants 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Benefit/s of a two piece collar? 19 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan