or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › US Airport food secrets/suggestions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

US Airport food secrets/suggestions - Page 2

post #16 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Most meals at an airport is DFW for me. Dickey's BBQ in terminal A. Terminal D has better fare, Reata Grill and Cool River Cafe. Two outposts of local restaurants. The 2 BBQ places at terminal D aren't so good.
ORD, except for Bayless, and LGA are pretty bad.

I hit dickeys sometimes, too.


I think that there is a good barbeque place in charlotte, too. can't remember the name
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

This place is unbelievably cheesy, as is its suggestively sexual name, but it's a fun view. I always expect to see 80s Kevin Bacon there.
LAX%20Encounter%20Restaurant.jpg
for a long time, the name of that place was "Theme Restaurant"!
Quote:
Aside from that Burbank airport has a decent little pastry/coffee shop. I fly out of Burbank whenever I can.
one of the signal pleasures of living in Long Beach is flying Jet Blue out of LGB. an ideal small airport.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

That In N Out near LAX would be a hump of a walk. It's close, but there's just so much infrastructure in your way, it'd take an hour to get to unless you were in Terminal 1

True. I realized recently that it's virtually impossible simply to walk out of LAX. (I was thinking this to myself during the 1.5 mile cab ride that cost $25.)
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

for a long time, the name of that place was "Theme Restaurant"!
one of the signal pleasures of living in Long Beach is flying Jet Blue out of LGB. an ideal small airport.

I dated a girl in Boston for a while right after Jet Blue started flying out of there. I miss those $200 round trips. Long Beach was nice, but I prefer Burbank.
Also a big fan of Charleston airport and its rocking chairs, but I don't remember eating anything good there, or anywhere in South Carolina for that matter.
post #20 of 30
..
post #21 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

I hit dickeys sometimes, too.
I think that there is a good barbeque place in charlotte, too. can't remember the name

Brookwood Farms... S'ok

Surdyk's is a nice oasis for what it is.
post #22 of 30
Terminal 3 Concourse L at O'Hare. It's a bar/lounge first called Ice but offers small plates . No meals but cheese plate, salumi, appetizers, etc.

Design sort of looks like an Apple store on steroids. It's a definite upgrade for O'Hare.
post #23 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Terminal 3 Concourse L at O'Hare. It's a bar/lounge first called Ice but offers small plates . No meals but cheese plate, salumi, appetizers, etc.
Design sort of looks like an Apple store on steroids. It's a definite upgrade for O'Hare.

have to try it. I'm in terminal 3 next week
post #24 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

Terminal 3 Concourse L at O'Hare. It's a bar/lounge first called Ice but offers small plates . No meals but cheese plate, salumi, appetizers, etc.
Design sort of looks like an Apple store on steroids. It's a definite upgrade for O'Hare.

Is that the sushi type place across from the CIBO and Johnny Rocket's?
post #25 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post

O'Hare: Tortas Fronteras. The only restaurant of Bayless that I really like.

Love those sandwiches. Nice place to sit at the bar too
post #26 of 30
Legal Seafood and and The Summer Shack in Boston. Had lunch with E.O. Wilson there once.
post #27 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

True. I realized recently that it's virtually impossible simply to walk out of LAX. (I was thinking this to myself during the 1.5 mile cab ride that cost $25.)

$20 surcharge for getting into a cab at LAX, $5 to actually get to the In n Out next to LAX. Getting back without a car? Priceless.
post #28 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89826 View Post

Legal Seafood and and The Summer Shack in Boston. Had lunch with E.O. Wilson there once.

ffffuuuu.gif

There is a Summer Shack in Logan? Are you confusing Boston Logan for Back Bay?
post #29 of 30
[quote name="SField" url="/t/309366/us-airport-food-secrets-suggestions/15#post_5640914"
Is that the sushi type place across from the CIBO and Johnny Rocket's?[/quote]

No Johnny Rockets in Terminal 3 that I know of. Ice is O'Hare, terminal 3, concourse L, just as you enter the concourse, on the left. Are you thinking of the United terminal 1?
post #30 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despos View Post

[quote name="SField" url="/t/309366/us-airport-food-secrets-suggestions/15#post_5640914"
Is that the sushi type place across from the CIBO and Johnny Rocket's?
No Johnny Rockets in Terminal 3 that I know of. Ice is O'Hare, terminal 3, concourse L, just as you enter the concourse, on the left. Are you thinking of the United terminal 1?[/quote]

Yes that's it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › US Airport food secrets/suggestions