or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 624

post #9346 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Feels like it sometimes, doesn't it? I've taken over 200 pictures today...

Already? Wow. Day off today?
I gotta take some pics too !!
post #9347 of 15721
Buyer has to open a case for me to get my fees back right?
post #9348 of 15721
Need some info if anyone knows. I bought a random hand rolled pocket square on eBay and USPS did it's thing and ended up delivering to the wrong address. Filed a case after seller was unresponsive and asked him to file a claim with USPS so that we could each get our money back. I even offered to split the loss if they denied the claim. Got a notice saying that seller refunded me in full.

What I'd like to know is if eBay picked up the tab or if seller really refunded. If the latter, I'd really like to send a payment for half the amount since it wasn't really his fault. Any way to know?
post #9349 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

Buyer has to open a case for me to get my fees back right?

If you cancel the transaction, you'll get your fees back once the buyer accepts.

post #9350 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post


Already? Wow. Day off today?
I gotta take some pics too !!

 

 

What was that quote someone posted recently? Something along the lines of, "The best part of owning your own business is that you decide which 70 hours to work per week!" This is my means of making a living (fortunately, I have the support of my wife, and she has a solid steady income, so we're not suffering.

 

I'm listing  my 20th item of the day right now...

post #9351 of 15721
Hai guiz, trying to figure out if this is worth a kop or not. Found these NOS Ray-Ban by Bausch and Lomb driving glasses at the thrift today. In absolute mint condition with the case, in the case with instructions and hang tag attached. Only problem: a $79.99 price tag. I could wait until the 25% off sale on Monday or use a 20% off coupon, but not sure if there is enough meat on that bone even with the discount. eBay seems to indicate they either go for $40 or $200. Any thoughts or anyone want a proxy?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #9352 of 15721

I logged into ebay to see if the things I had shipped had arrived and one of them had. Then I noticed that two of my items had bids. I probably set the prices too low, but hell gotta start somewhere right?

One of them is an Canali unvented LP jacket. I started it at 45 last week and it didn't move. Already has a bid at 39.99. I think someone recommended I list it at a BIN of 60 and leave it up for a month. Should have done that, but right now I'm content seeing things move as I start out.
 

Woo!

post #9353 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Hai guiz, trying to figure out if this is worth a kop or not. Found these NOS Ray-Ban by Bausch and Lomb driving glasses at the thrift today. In absolute mint condition with the case, in the case with instructions and hang tag attached. Only problem: a $79.99 price tag. I could wait until the 25% off sale on Monday or use a 20% off coupon, but not sure if there is enough meat on that bone even with the discount. eBay seems to indicate they either go for $40 or $200. Any thoughts or anyone want a proxy? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

If I were in the market for new sunglasses, I'd consider them at that price. But if I were looking for a great bargain (which is what many if not a majority of EBay buyers are doing), I wouldn't buy it at $80. Considering that you'd need to get more than that in return, I think it's a clear pass.

You're looking at being in it for $50-$60, but the low end of the range of sold items is below that. I think you've answered the question yourself.
post #9354 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by masaccio View Post


If I were in the market for new sunglasses, I'd consider them at that price. But if I were looking for a great bargain (which is what many if not a majority of EBay buyers are doing), I wouldn't buy it at $80. Considering that you'd need to get more than that in return, I think it's a clear pass.

You're looking at being in it for $50-$60, but the low end of the range of sold items is below that. I think you've answered the question yourself.

i'd agree with this, at that point even for my self you could purchase a new pair unless you prefer the vintage pair. easy pass IMO. 

post #9355 of 15721
Two weeks ago a local guy asked to purchase a pair of pants and he paid through Paypal and I shipped since I didn't want to meet face to face. While we negotiated we sent numerous emails and communication was great. So today I get a package. He shipped the pants back with a note. No email or anything. Am I on the hook for this return? What recourse does he have against me. Since eBay was not involved what should I do? I really don't want to take this return. It's not the $ but the principle of it.
post #9356 of 15721
It's up to you, but keep in mind that Ebay WAS NOT involved and he knows where you live.
post #9357 of 15721
How do you ship things like that when you don't want people to know where you live? Work address? Pobox?
post #9358 of 15721

Well, it happened. First case opened.

This is the item in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201019184837?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

 

This is what the guy wrote:

 

""The suit jacket arrived today, but I'm afraid that it is not a sport coat blazer as it is advertised. It is, instead, the jacket from a suit. (The tipoff is that the tag inside the jacket pocket lists the size as "44-38" -- meaning that the jacket size is 44 and the suit pants, not included, are 38 waist.) I'm sorry, but this was not the item advertised, and I do not want it."

 

My pictures show buttons and everything. How should I respond? Isn't the term sportcoat loosely interchageable with jacket and blazer interchangeable (though blazers traditionally have metallic buttons). Sounds like buyers remorse to me.

 

I never mentioned a suit or pants. He got exactly what was in the pictures and he hasn't, in my opinion, said anything that would lead me to believe that the item wasn't as advertised.


Edited by ridethecliche - 1/23/14 at 6:45pm
post #9359 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Well, it happened. First case opened.

This is the item in question: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201019184837?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

 

This is what the guy wrote:

 

""The suit jacket arrived today, but I'm afraid that it is not a sport coat blazer as it is advertised. It is, instead, the jacket from a suit. (The tipoff is that the tag inside the jacket pocket lists the size as "44-38" -- meaning that the jacket size is 44 and the suit pants, not included, are 38 waist.) I'm sorry, but this was not the item advertised, and I do not want it"

 

My pictures show buttons and everything. How should I respond? Isn't the term sportcoat loosely interchageable with jacket and blazer interchangeable (though blazers traditionally have metallic buttons). Sounds like buyers remorse to me.

 

I never mentioned a suit or pants. He got exactly what was in the pictures and he hasn't, in my opinion, said anything that would lead me to believe that the item wasn't as advertised.

 

Not sure if I'd consider it "significantly" not as described, but you did list an orphan suit jacket as a sport coat/blazer (if what he's claiming is correct).  You also didn't take a full picture of the tag inside the jacket pocket, which could be seen as deceptive.  I'd probably take the return and relist it in the suit category and mention in the description that it's an orphan but can be worn as a blazer.


Edited by COtoKS - 1/23/14 at 7:39pm
post #9360 of 15721
Quote:
Originally Posted by COtoKS View Post
 

 

Not sure if I'd consider it "significantly" not as described, but you did list an orphan suit jacket as a sport coat/blazer (if what he's claiming is correct).  You also didn't take a full picture of the tag inside the jacket pocket, which could be seen as deceptive.  I'd probably take the return and relist it in the suit category and mention in the description that it's an orphan but can be worn as a blazer.


Agree with this. And, please edit the buyer's real name out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions