or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 622

post #9316 of 12080
Seems like a very polite buyer and has no problem with paying the shipping charges. Return, refund, resell.
I would also suggest enrolling in no hassle returns and specify a restockimg fee from now on.
post #9317 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Seems like a very polite buyer and has no problem with paying the shipping charges. Return, refund, resell.
I would also suggest enrolling in no hassle returns and specify a restockimg fee from now on.

agreed but i sold this at a high price, not sure ill make that again. i guess the "ethical" thing to do would be to accept the return but then i need to relist and hope it sells that high again.

i need to think it over.
post #9318 of 12080
Reject his request and he could file a snad case based on the nwt aspect. You will likely lose and then you must refund original shipping and return shipping. He can also leave negative feedback too.

Is the reward worth the risk, especially as a new seller with, I'm guessing, not much in terms of ratings?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

Just got this message from a suit I sold... What do? I had no idea the pants were tailored and I'm not even sure that's true as everything else was NWT and basted. Pain in my ass.

Hello. I received the suit today and it is really a very nice suit but the pants were too tight. My tailor checked and the pants were apparently tailored already and all the fabric by the waist was already taken out and there is no more fabric for the tailor to let out. The pants were marked a 34 and I figured there should be 2 inches to let out, so no problem. But there is no more fabric to take out since the size 34 represents the size after this alteration. Can I please send the suit back to you for a refund (less your shipping charges which you can deduct)?
post #9319 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

Reject his request and he could file a snad case based on the nwt aspect. You will likely lose and then you must refund original shipping and return shipping. He can also leave negative feedback too.

Is the reward worth the risk, especially as a new seller with, I'm guessing, not much in terms of ratings?

this is the auction to give you better insight. it was nwt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251421401156?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649
post #9320 of 12080
I can understand your reluctance, but you didnt include photos of the waist curtain and you didnt provide measurements, both of which I recommend you do in the future.

It will sell for a good price again, im sure. Staple nwt zegna.

Good luck, either way.
post #9321 of 12080
It sucks but you should refund him. Like SeaJen said, you need to include measurements. I learned this as well and plan to revisit my listings tonight.

Also, did I see anyone here at the Goodwills in Smyrna or in Marietta off of Whitlock tonight?
post #9322 of 12080

Been MIA the last 2 days (200 posts wtf) but a little brag.... "GOLD"

 

 

PS - Spoo and Wes, please do not respond. Let me live up the joy of being GOLD for a day :lol:

post #9323 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post

It sucks but you should refund him. Like SeaJen said, you need to include measurements. I learned this as well and plan to revisit my listings tonight.

Also, did I see anyone here at the Goodwills in Smyrna or in Marietta off of Whitlock tonight?

What a headache
post #9324 of 12080

I don't think ethical is a word that belongs inside quotation marks.:satisfied:


Edited by jgill79 - 1/22/14 at 8:18pm
post #9325 of 12080
Ugh. Some tool on eBay offered me $50 less than asking for an item, then wanted 10 days to pay. 10 days! He got mad when I rejected his offer.

Then he comes back with "I can pay in 7 days." Then, "3 days." So with what I'm gathering, since he can magically pay in 3 days, was he trying to scam me into giving him 10 days before? censored.gifbaldy[1].gif
post #9326 of 12080
I would tell him to BIN when he is ready to purchase and you can refund him the difference. Until then it will remain listed.
Edited by Reigningchamp - 1/22/14 at 8:21pm
post #9327 of 12080
Yeah, that's basically what I did. Rejected the offer, told him to BIN and he would in theory have 6 days to pay (2 days until unpaid buyer case opens, 4 days until I can close the case). I told him he could try to make another offer, but since I now know about the payment situation, so it would definitely have to be higher for me to consider it. He should have just kept his mouth shut and I probably would have taken the offer.
post #9328 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefastlife View Post

What a headache

Welcome to selling on eBay!
post #9329 of 12080
If you were listing a Jos A Banks suit made by EZ, how would you write the headline? Both names? Just Zegna? Would anyone care to throw out a sample?
post #9330 of 12080
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Since we are talking power sellers, this just happened.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Been MIA the last 2 days (200 posts wtf) but a little brag.... "GOLD"

 

 

PS - Spoo and Wes, please do not respond. Let me live up the joy of being GOLD for a day :lol:

 Right there with you man......can't we live in the joy together?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions