Yes, exactly like that, but with more Tweed and SUCCULENT Beaver.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Today at 9:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 6/28/15 at 4:12pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:38pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 604post #9046 of 215651/16/14 at 9:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9047 of 215651/16/14 at 9:07ampost #9048 of 215651/16/14 at 9:20ampost #9049 of 215651/16/14 at 9:43ampost #9050 of 215651/16/14 at 10:05am
Cross post from thrift thread.
Two new year's resolutions down in one week.
1. Pay off student loan (really a carry-over from last year, but some of my other contributions pushed it back a couple weeks)
2. "Retire" before my 34th birthday. (was two days early on that one.)
3. Develop an effective home exercise schedule to lose 65 lbs. (the hardest of the 3)post #9051 of 215651/16/14 at 12:14pmQuote:
Here's a tie tip that has worked for me: I've been using a colorful (usually red) cheap Stafford tie on lower end suits (H. Boss etc). 4 times, I've had PMs where the buyer says: I want to buy your suit, but will you include that tie? First 2 times, I was using nicer BB ties. Now, I'll go with el cheapo ties.post #9052 of 215651/16/14 at 2:00pmpost #9053 of 215651/16/14 at 2:09pmpost #9054 of 215651/16/14 at 2:28pmpost #9055 of 215651/16/14 at 2:48pmpost #9056 of 215651/16/14 at 3:20pmpost #9057 of 215651/16/14 at 3:22pmQuote:
I started with a nail to the wall, some lights, and a hanger. A mannequin, if you're gonna do this on a regular basis, is highly recommended though.post #9058 of 215651/16/14 at 3:24pmQuote:
A lot depends on your personal philosophy and your circumstances. Do you feel like getting max value from your item? Price it high (but fair), set it as a 'Good-till-cancelled' BINOBO and wait for the right buyer who'll buy it at or around that price (ala Brianpore). Might take a few weeks, or a couple of months, or even more. Do you want to get rid of inventory so you can use that money to buy more things to list? Set the price appropriately, list at as an auction with minimum starting price you're willing to live with, without regrets (like Wes does).
Take into account:
Getting max value vs clearing inventory
Storage space. Do you have enough space to stockpile these items for weeks/months without your place becoming messy?
How recent the label is.
Fabric quality/color/pattern (yours is guncheck, I think, which is sought after).
Single vent vs dual vents.
Seasonality of items.
Size (someone posted earlier that smaller sized jackets like 36 38 S are highly sought after since that's a rare size)
Pricing fucks me up, too.post #9059 of 215651/16/14 at 3:25pmpost #9060 of 215651/16/14 at 3:43pmQuote:
I would describe the material exactly as it is described on the tag (wool, wool/silk blend, etc).
I would describe the pattern as indiscernible unless I had a better / closer photo, as it could be one of 2 or 3 patterns viewed from here.
If you need 3x your money back fast, price it at ~ $79 with free shipping. If you've gotten over the hump of thinking you need to earn your money back straight away (it's already spent, no hurry to get it back), price it at ~ $149 with an OBO (or higher if it's 100% cashmere or vicuna etc). Then relist it / price drop as needed - that's what I personally would do.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 18 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...