or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 585

post #8761 of 18188

Add Member id scottm2859 to your block list. Heis an asshole. I sold him a pair of my personal sneakers used once. He claims they were not as described becuase he thought he was getting a new pair of shoes. These buyers are becoming more frequent. They don't read and then try to place all the blaim on the seller and want us to pay return shipping for his mistake.

post #8762 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post

Add Member id scottm2859 to your block list. Heis an asshole. I sold him a pair of my personal sneakers used once. He claims they were not as described becuase he thought he was getting a new pair of shoes. These buyers are becoming more frequent. They don't read and then try to place all the blaim on the seller and want us to pay return shipping for his mistake.

Did you sell them as preowmed?
post #8763 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjangoV View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Also, the harvesting buttons thing makes me think

Had me thinking also. I have seen a few blazers in thrift (Kiton, BB and some less known brands), which were totally shredded, stained etc with all buttons attached. Is there really a market for button sets? Even second-hand?

I have never ever bought or sold anything on eBay, even though I have had an account for a few months now. Small transactions may be a good way to build up account history with not to much (financial) risk, no?

Still need to look into all the deets and text setup etc, since I have that thrifted Hermès tie to sell.

 

 

Well, my view is that if I get a harris tweed missing a sleeve button, I have a set of football style buttons and I don't have to buy it. I have a Polo sports coat with a broken beige button. A pair of jos. a banks that I took out of my attic after 7 years of storage had a few holes in it but the waist button was a match for the polo coat. So, I'm capturing anything I throw out, which has been about 5 sets of pants and two coats that I had stored. 

 

Right now, I'm looking for a Kiton horn sleeve button and the button for the rear pants pocket. I'd easily pay $10-$15 to get the original buttons. 

 

So I mainly harvest them for future needs, but if I had a nice collection, sure, I'd sell them. 

post #8764 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjangoV View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Also, the harvesting buttons thing makes me think

Had me thinking also. I have seen a few blazers in thrift (Kiton, BB and some less known brands), which were totally shredded, stained etc with all buttons attached. Is there really a market for button sets? Even second-hand?

I have never ever bought or sold anything on eBay, even though I have had an account for a few months now. Small transactions may be a good way to build up account history with not to much (financial) risk, no?

Still need to look into all the deets and text setup etc, since I have that thrifted Hermès tie to sell.

Plus, people are constantly needing the BB Fleece buttons, or the etched pants buttons, or the shirt buttons......Anything that is personalized like that you're eventually going to need.

post #8765 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post


Did you sell them as preowmed?

Yep. And pictures were clear as day.

post #8766 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post

Yep. And pictures were clear as day.

Weird man
post #8767 of 18188
With sneakers I always take a video of me packing and showing condition, don't want to discriminate to this market but it's always been a bit iffy.
post #8768 of 18188

I always forget but think the black one was from the 60s?

post #8769 of 18188

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if i had to asked it probably already been posted before.

 

Anyways, would it be a good idea for a new seller like myself that doesn't normally generate a big amount of views set starting auction prices low on Item that will probably sell for alot more? or is it better if I set it under a price i'm comfortable of letting go or a price that allows me to break even?  BINOBO?

post #8770 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post
 

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if i had to asked it probably already been posted before.

 

Anyways, would it be a good idea for a new seller like myself that doesn't normally generate a big amount of views set starting auction prices low on Item that will probably sell for alot more? or is it better if I set it under a price i'm comfortable of letting go or a price that allows me to break even?  BINOBO?

Option 2.

post #8771 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post
 

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but if i had to asked it probably already been posted before.

 

Anyways, would it be a good idea for a new seller like myself that doesn't normally generate a big amount of views set starting auction prices low on Item that will probably sell for alot more? or is it better if I set it under a price i'm comfortable of letting go or a price that allows me to break even?  BINOBO?

 

Don't forget about ebay and paypal fees when you set the price though!

post #8772 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

I always forget but think the black one was from the 60s?


Can't wait to see the auction for that vintage BB coat, from the late 50's early 60's. Just saw a JPress vintage coat like this for $165 on the bay. Let me know when it goes live. :hide:

post #8773 of 18188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post

Add Member id scottm2859 to your block list. Heis an asshole. I sold him a pair of my personal sneakers used once. He claims they were not as described becuase he thought he was getting a new pair of shoes. These buyers are becoming more frequent. They don't read and then try to place all the blaim on the seller and want us to pay return shipping for his mistake.

100000% removable. Call ebay. Tell them the item condition is listed as used, he left feedback saying they were used. Gone in 60 seconds. I looked at your listing and the feedback, its a lock.

Wont get your money back, but will take the ding away.
post #8774 of 18188

^ +1

And, ReiningChamp, I would suggest adding more pics to your listings to shoe the condition. You get 12 pics for free, it's a good idea to use as many as possible,

post #8775 of 18188

Ebay used to be very good to sell thing on however, their commission has gone up and combined with the paypal fees, sometimes it's really not worth it. It's best to calculate what the charges will be and see if it's not better to sell it on a more local forum.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions