or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 553

post #8281 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post


What about EUC...I see quite a few of you guys put that down as well...do people really put that in a search term? Putting that in search terms seems to get you about 10-20% of the results overall. Not sure I understand the logic at that point, as top sellers you would get close to near the top of the searches anyways? Just curious as to the thought process I guess.

I use it as a filler if I have 3 or 4 characters remaining and can't think of another key word.

post #8282 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

brian whats that boglioli goodness in my size? biggrin.gif

Too short for you I think, sorry. (if not PM me) Wish it was my size :drool:

 

BOGLIOLI Gray Herringbone SOFT UNSTRUCTURED Sport Coat Jacket Blazer Mens 38 S

post #8283 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I use it as a filler if I have 3 or 4 characters remaining and can't think of another key word.

I prefer

WOW
HOT
SICK
post #8284 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


I prefer

WOW
HOT
SICK

SHIZ

post #8285 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

SHIZ

DOPE
RIDIC
OMFG
WTF


and the ubiquitous

AMAZABALLS
post #8286 of 15338
Can you put "Check out "xyz" website for more info" ? It's not a redirect, right?
post #8287 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Can you put "Check out "xyz" website for more info" ? It's not a redirect, right?

I think as long as it's for information, and not for another sales site you are ok. I forget the all the technicals of the policy though. Be back in a minute with more.

 

EDIT: should be ok, see the first set of link policies.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-links.html

post #8288 of 15338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

What about EUC...I see quite a few of you guys put that down as well...do people really put that in a search term? Putting that in search terms seems to get you about 10-20% of the results overall. Not sure I understand the logic at that point, as top sellers you would get close to near the top of the searches anyways? Just curious as to the thought process I guess.


As you can see, most use that (and other words) as leftovers on their titles. No one will actually search for these things, but they draw attention. Furthermore, when people begin to recognize your titles and pictures, they will further reinforce the branding/marketing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Too short for you I think, sorry. (if not PM me) Wish it was my size drool.gifBOGLIOLI Gray Herringbone SOFT UNSTRUCTURED Sport Coat Jacket Blazer Mens 38 S


Saw that and nearly offered you a lowball on it. I recognized the photos though and didn't want to embarrass myself. Cool jacket!
post #8289 of 15338
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Can you put "Check out "xyz" website for more info" ? It's not a redirect, right?

Not sure about ebay.com, but my terms say something about that as well. I can't remember if it's only links (which are definitely not allowed) or also text. I'd assume you'd get away with it if it was text, but you never know.

It's the same with information within ebay messages...all information is redacted and if Germans and Austrians want to make a deal outside of ebay, they're normally careful with how they interact by spelling things. The Italians? No, they're clear that they'd like the discount for doing business outside of ebay.
post #8290 of 15338

Hey

 

I shipped an item to someone in CA but since 12/22 its been stuck and now cleared from customs.   Is there anything I or the buyer have to do?

 

Not sure why it's taken so damn long to get there (been 3 weeks)

post #8291 of 15338

Hey guys,

 

Anyone ever have any issues shipping things to hong kong?

Would you recommend/not recommend it?

post #8292 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Have a buyer who started a return stating "Item Defective".

 

Then in the description writes: "I was not happy with the condition it was in plus it was a tad too big. sent back USPS priority. Have a fab new year"

 

 

Anyone else see buyers remorse?

 

 

Anyways, eBay says I'm on the hook for shipping both ways, and I cannot charge my restock fee because this guy didn't "like" the shoes afar awhile. 

 

How do I go about this, making sure I don't need to give him both ways shipping charges and also charge my stocking fee

I sent a message to the buyer: "Hello, We understand you are return the shoes purchased from us.

Please let us know how this item was defective? I also noticed you mentioned they did not fit and were too big. Thank you for informing us about the fit issue."

 

 

I have not heard anything back. He has not shipped the item back yet. Return process says I'm on the hook for both shipping, But no case has been opened yet. How can I go about fighting this and proving this is not an "item defective" issue, rather buyers remorse or issue on fit, in which case I certainly want to charge my 15% restock fee! I assume calling eBay at this point is premature, because no case has been opened, and no communication back from buyer gives no new information, and finally, he has not shipped the item back yet. Did I just answer my own question...?

post #8293 of 15338
Was he international? If not, I'd just pay the shipping, add him to your blocked bidders list, and move on.
post #8294 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurnOut View Post

Was he international? If not, I'd just pay the shipping, add him to your blocked bidders list, and move on.

Principle...I have to treat this transaction as if I never offer returns.  Reason why, is because this buyer is taking advantage of the return system (even though I offer returns), just to try on the shoes.  He does not want to be on the hook even for the shipping let alone the restock fee.  If I offered no returns, we can all agree this case is something we fight for, and should win because of the information he relayed thus far including fit issues.  

post #8295 of 15338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Principle...I have to treat this transaction as if I never offer returns.  Reason why, is because this buyer is taking advantage of the return system (even though I offer returns), just to try on the shoes.  He does not want to be on the hook even for the shipping let alone the restock fee.  If I offered no returns, we can all agree this case is something we fight for, and should win because of the information he relayed thus far including fit issues.  

Believe me, I get your frustration. We've all been there.

I encourage you to think about the bigger picture: the frustration you will undoubtedly experience if you pursue it, the negative feedback you might receive (and future costs as a result). All for $10, $20?

Pick your battles, man.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions