or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 552

post #8266 of 14109

Have a buyer who started a return stating "Item Defective".

 

Then in the description writes: "I was not happy with the condition it was in plus it was a tad too big. sent back USPS priority. Have a fab new year"

 

 

Anyone else see buyers remorse?

 

 

Anyways, eBay says I'm on the hook for shipping both ways, and I cannot charge my restock fee because this guy didn't "like" the shoes afar awhile. 

 

How do I go about this, making sure I don't need to give him both ways shipping charges and also charge my stocking fee

post #8267 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Have a buyer who started a return stating "Item Defective".

 

Then in the description writes: "I was not happy with the condition it was in plus it was a tad too big. sent back USPS priority. Have a fab new year"

 

 

Anyone else see buyers remorse?

 

 

Anyways, eBay says I'm on the hook for shipping both ways, and I cannot charge my restock fee because this guy didn't "like" the shoes afar awhile. 

 

How do I go about this, making sure I don't need to give him both ways shipping charges and also charge my stocking fee

 

When they get back, can you take pictures to show wear and tear and say that they were used since you got them?

post #8268 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

 

When they get back, can you take pictures to show wear and tear and say that they were used since you got them?

I'm a bit confused.  Maybe if I include the link to the listing, you can determine the "Item Defective" part he is claiming...but lets not forget they didn't fit him!

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=321268526157

post #8269 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Have a buyer who started a return stating "Item Defective".

 

Then in the description writes: "I was not happy with the condition it was in plus it was a tad too big. sent back USPS priority. Have a fab new year"

 

 

Anyone else see buyers remorse?

 

 

Anyways, eBay says I'm on the hook for shipping both ways, and I cannot charge my restock fee because this guy didn't "like" the shoes afar awhile. 

 

How do I go about this, making sure I don't need to give him both ways shipping charges and also charge my stocking fee

 

Sort of the get-around to opening an eBay return - they ship it back and open a SNAD case, thus you're on the hook for shipping both ways plus refund and you don't get to charge a restocking fee since it's "defective."  Sounds like they just wanted to try them on, didn't fit, and they know how to send back and not get dinged for anything.  If they have a history of this, and you can get an eBay supervisor on the horn, something else might come of it.  You had great photos and a good listing - the buyer knew what condition they were in, no doubt.  

 

Were they real sharkskin?  If so, relist them, this time as "sharkskin" (your original listing said "sharksin") and sell them for more $.

post #8270 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedstate View Post

+1
Wow. I can't believe people that shop ebay nowadays.

It's a bigger problem of society as a whole. So many people don't consider anyone but themselves.
post #8271 of 14109

Can anyone lend a hand breaking down this label? Wool & Cashmere, Wool & Cotton, which part is the jacket and which is the lining? Thanks!

 

No clue what 'PA' is??

 

 

photo DSC_7421_zps947e9e8a.jpg

post #8272 of 14109
post #8273 of 14109

Bookmarked, thanks

 

So the exterior jacket is Cotton / Nylon

and the lining is Cupro / Cotton

 

:cheers:

post #8274 of 14109
Does this jacket have a particular pattern I can put in a listing?

post #8275 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Does this jacket have a particular pattern I can put in a listing?

 

I would use the words "plaid" "check"

post #8276 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

I would use the words "plaid" "check"
Yeah, I just wasn't sure if had a specific pattern. Listing it as tweed, do you think adding plaid or check adds to it's visibility? Do guys search for tweed jacket or do they search for plaid tweed jacket...this is always my conundrum when listing stuff...will that extra word end up getting me that buyer who wants my item.
post #8277 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if had a specific pattern. Listing it as tweed, do you think adding plaid or check adds to it's visibility? Do guys search for tweed jacket or do they search for plaid tweed jacket...this is always my conundrum when listing stuff...will that extra word end up getting me that buyer who wants my item.
definitely won't hurt. I'm pretty specific in my searches when shopping.
post #8278 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post


Yeah, I just wasn't sure if had a specific pattern. Listing it as tweed, do you think adding plaid or check adds to it's visibility? Do guys search for tweed jacket or do they search for plaid tweed jacket...this is always my conundrum when listing stuff...will that extra word end up getting me that buyer who wants my item.

I'd do, Tweed Bold Glen Plaid Check...maybe even FU.

 

Always use all the space allotted for your titles if possible. No extra charge for more words. If you don't see a lot of interest in the first few days, it doesn't hurt to experiment with some different words to. As long as there are no bids, you can change the title.

post #8279 of 14109
brian whats that boglioli goodness in my size? biggrin.gif
post #8280 of 14109
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I'd do, Tweed Bold Glen Plaid Check...maybe even FU.

Always use all the space allotted for your titles if possible. No extra charge for more words. If you don't see a lot of interest in the first few days, it doesn't hurt to experiment with some different words to. As long as there are no bids, you can change the title.

What about EUC...I see quite a few of you guys put that down as well...do people really put that in a search term? Putting that in search terms seems to get you about 10-20% of the results overall. Not sure I understand the logic at that point, as top sellers you would get close to near the top of the searches anyways? Just curious as to the thought process I guess.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions