or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 538

post #8056 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

Great news guys!!
After many phone calls and emails, I was contacted by the warehouse manager and they located the package. They said they're going to ship the package out today!!

I greatly appreciate your advice and help!!


Also, any recommendations on how to ship boots (rain, cowboy and etc)?

Great news, indeed.
post #8057 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

First time ever trying to use the eBay shipping label service. I keep getting a message "System unavailable. Try again later" after going through all the steps--entering weight, dimensions, etc. The message comes up at the very end of the process, and I have to start all over again. Needless to say, it's very maddening.

Is this common? Are they just overwhelmed with shipping for the holidays?

In this case, I'm selling a PS4 for a friend and the shipping is free via some eBay special offer for Xboxes and PS4's, but the clock is ticking--it has to be there by Dec. 25. I'm feeling like I just got royally screwed over. Maybe I'm overly suspicious, but I'm thinking the "free shipping deal" folks have gotten put at the back of the line here...

UPDATE (in case anyone cares): After five unsuccessful attempts to print the label, I'm now on hold with eBay. The post office closes in 25 minutes. I've been trying to get a mailing label for this package for 90 minutes now. The customer service guy at eBay also couldn't make it work. He finally told me that it's my fault. Why? Because my mailing address is more than 40 characters.

Seriously. He really said that.

After pointing out that most people in the United States probably have addresses of more than 40 characters, I asked to speak with a supervisor. He said hold the line. Five minutes later, he comes back on. The supervisor will call me within 24 hours and he can't make any guarantees about what will happen. Nice. While I was on hold, the post office closed, and it will be closed again in 24 hours. It won't be open on Sunday. If I wait until Monday, that's cutting it too close, I think, to ensure delivery by Christmas. My only option now is to pay overnight shipping charges myself and hope that eBay does the right thing and reimburses me.

Who was it, again, who told me how quick, easy and convenient the click-to-ship eBay labeling system is? Gawd.

 

 

I'm thoroughly confused as to what you are trying unable to do. I've never had a problem with creating Ebay shipping labels.I'm averaging about 50-60 packages per week. PayPal shipping on the other hand.........

post #8058 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


I'm thoroughly confused as to what you are trying unable to do. I've never had a problem with creating Ebay shipping labels.I'm averaging about 50-60 packages per week. PayPal shipping on the other hand.........

I actually got the error message he is referring to, but I tried again a half hour later and the shipping label printed fine.
post #8059 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

First time ever trying to use the eBay shipping label service. I keep getting a message "System unavailable. Try again later" after going through all the steps--entering weight, dimensions, etc. The message comes up at the very end of the process, and I have to start all over again. Needless to say, it's very maddening.

Is this common? Are they just overwhelmed with shipping for the holidays?

In this case, I'm selling a PS4 for a friend and the shipping is free via some eBay special offer for Xboxes and PS4's, but the clock is ticking--it has to be there by Dec. 25. I'm feeling like I just got royally screwed over. Maybe I'm overly suspicious, but I'm thinking the "free shipping deal" folks have gotten put at the back of the line here...

UPDATE (in case anyone cares): After five unsuccessful attempts to print the label, I'm now on hold with eBay. The post office closes in 25 minutes. I've been trying to get a mailing label for this package for 90 minutes now. The customer service guy at eBay also couldn't make it work. He finally told me that it's my fault. Why? Because my mailing address is more than 40 characters.

Seriously. He really said that.

After pointing out that most people in the United States probably have addresses of more than 40 characters, I asked to speak with a supervisor. He said hold the line. Five minutes later, he comes back on. The supervisor will call me within 24 hours and he can't make any guarantees about what will happen. Nice. While I was on hold, the post office closed, and it will be closed again in 24 hours. It won't be open on Sunday. If I wait until Monday, that's cutting it too close, I think, to ensure delivery by Christmas. My only option now is to pay overnight shipping charges myself and hope that eBay does the right thing and reimburses me.

Who was it, again, who told me how quick, easy and convenient the click-to-ship eBay labeling system is? Gawd.

Sorry to LOL, but...LOL.

 

Sorry. I've been there.

 

Yeah, that's a thing. 40 Character limit PER LINE. If they are using a C/O name or something, I usually click edit and move it to below the street address. This error will also come up if the actual street address is too long, such as an apt # or something. Just edit that to the next line too.  I seldom see this on domestic labels, most of the time with international labels. 

 

In your defense...I don;t see how it can be the sellers fault....or even the buyers fault for that matter. Ebay is the one who provides the spaces for the address to be filled out. If they would limit the field to 40 characters on the front end, there would be no issue on the back end.

post #8060 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Sorry to LOL, but...LOL.

 

Sorry. I've been there.

 

Yeah, that's a thing. 40 Character limit PER LINE. If they are using a C/O name or something, I usually click edit and move it to below the street address. This error will also come up if the actual street address is too long, such as an apt # or something. Just edit that to the next line too.  I seldom see this on domestic labels, most of the time with international labels. 

 

In your defense...I don;t see how it can be the sellers fault....or even the buyers fault for that matter. Ebay is the one who provides the spaces for the address to be filled out. If they would limit the field to 40 characters on the front end, there would be no issue on the back end.

 

 

Now it makes sense...

 

Yeah, I haven't hit that issue yet. Bot now you know! Get thee to the Post Office in the morning after printing a label tonight!

post #8061 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

So you are really going to say the guy's suit looked like Halloween costume, and then pull the I-didn't-mean-anything-by-it card. If you are going to be an ass, at least have the balls to own up to it when somebody calls you out.

I assure you, you know nothing about my balls.
post #8062 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurnOut View Post

I assure you, you know nothing about my balls.

And the thread will breathe a sigh of relief if we are assured of remaining ignorant.
post #8063 of 14731

USPS is killing me this week. 2 packages with zero shipping updates. Hoping its just a weather issue. Sales total $50 so not mad. Its just the buyers who buy the cheapest stuff from me give the most headaches.

 

 

 

post #8064 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post
 

USPS is killing me this week. 2 packages with zero shipping updates. Hoping its just a weather issue. Sales total $50 so not mad. Its just the buyers who buy the cheapest stuff from me give the most headaches.

 

You're telling me. Normally I have no trouble but am getting very delayed updates on one of my biggest eBay sales to date. Damn thing should have already been delivered! :(

post #8065 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigningchamp View Post

USPS is killing me this week. 2 packages with zero shipping updates. Hoping its just a weather issue. Sales total $50 so not mad. Its just the buyers who buy the cheapest stuff from me give the most headaches.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post

You're telling me. Normally I have no trouble but am getting very delayed updates on one of my biggest eBay sales to date. Damn thing should have already been delivered! frown.gif

I have noticed a very sharp uptick in delivery times and in delays in info being updated and am attributing to the Christmas rush. I just had this happen:

USPS
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
2013-12-20, 16:22:00, ELK GROVE VILLAGE, IL 60007

Acceptance (SSK)
2013-12-16, 13:07:00, NEW YORK, NY 10016

Sure was glad to see it pop up finally - I just wonder how it magically teleported from NYC to Chi-town.
post #8066 of 14731

Received a return on a sweater, I'm about 99% sure they washed it as it has a heavy detergent smell now...I can't tell that it really shrunk it, maybe misshapen a bit though.  Would you guys fight as not returned in same condition?  How do you prove someone washed it if they won't admit?

post #8067 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post

Received a return on a sweater, I'm about 99% sure they washed it as it has a heavy detergent smell now...I can't tell that it really shrunk it, maybe misshapen a bit though.  Would you guys fight as not returned in same condition?  How do you prove someone washed it if they won't admit?

I'd report it. That's some BS right there...
post #8068 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Sorry to LOL, but...LOL.

Sorry. I've been there.

Yeah, that's a thing. 40 Character limit PER LINE. If they are using a C/O name or something, I usually click edit and move it to below the street address. This error will also come up if the actual street address is too long, such as an apt # or something. Just edit that to the next line too.  I seldom see this on domestic labels, most of the time with international labels. 

In your defense...I don;t see how it can be the sellers fault....or even the buyers fault for that matter. Ebay is the one who provides the spaces for the address to be filled out. If they would limit the field to 40 characters on the front end, there would be no issue on the back end.

Here's how it ended up.

I went home, had a single malt to help calm me down, and then got REALLY angry as I pondered things. It wasn't my fault, there's a buyer expecting a PS4 on Christmas morning and all eBay can do is tell me to wait by my cell phone for 24 hours and a supervisor will, at some point, call me, maybe in time for the package to be shipped for Christmas, maybe not. To fulfill a promise to the buyer, I had relied on a promise from eBay, and eBay wasn't keeping its promise, and my only alternative was to eat shipping charges, which is what I think they were planning on--I'd just get frustrated and give up and they'd be off the hook.

So I called again and asked for a supervisor.

The ensuing 45 minutes reminded me of the days when you'd use one of the free AOL CD's to get Internet access long enough to get a better ISP, then cancel AOL, a process that took forever because you weren't allowed to cancel online and AOL phone operators were trained to stall and delay and try to convince you to not cancel, a practice for which I believe they were eventually punished via the FCC or a class action. In this case, I told the supervisor upfront that I don't have a printer in my home, I'd already wasted more than an hour on the phone with eBay to no avail and so what needed to happen was for me to ship the package the next morning, get reimbursed in full by eBay and that I would also appreciate having all fees waived, given what a mess this had become. She kept telling me how to set up my printer, no matter how many times I told her that I didn't have a printer. It was like something from an SNL sketch. I had to keep reminding her that it was Dec. 20, Christmas was Dec. 25, the post office is closed on Sunday and so I needed a solution that would work now that didn't involve me spending my entire weekend monkeying with it. It turned into a battle of attrition--it was clear to me that she was reading from some kind of protocol/script without listening at all to what I was saying.

Finally, we arrived at a deal: I ship at my expense, eBay waives fees of $47 and also gives me a $40 eBay coupon (and I can't wait to read the fine print on that one). This morning, I went back to the office where I have access to a printer. Instead of going through eBay, went straight to the USPS website. Had the label in five minutes.

This was, easily, the worst experience I have ever had with any customer service department with any company. They didn't know how to solve my problem, they blamed the problem on me and they refused to make it right until I yelled and screamed and belittled the person on the other end of the line for 45 minutes. That's crazy, but that's eBay--no matter what, it's never their fault, just ask them.
post #8069 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


I'd report it. That's some BS right there...

I sent him a message asking if he washed it, assuming he did I would assume I'm off the hook for taking the return, but then do I have to send it back to him? Seems like a mess waiting to happen...

post #8070 of 14731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post

Received a return on a sweater, I'm about 99% sure they washed it as it has a heavy detergent smell now...I can't tell that it really shrunk it, maybe misshapen a bit though.  Would you guys fight as not returned in same condition?  How do you prove someone washed it if they won't admit?

Have they denied washing it?

I'd try to work it out with the buyer first, which I presume you've already done. I'm also presuming that it now cannot be resold due to the smell. If that's the case, I'd try fighting it but I wouldn't cross my fingers on winning. I'd also put the buyer on the black list.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions