or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 533

post #7981 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Guys
I had someone from France win my item.
Hoe do I go about shipping international ?

1st class ok (15) it priority only ?(35)
Weight 15oz total

Never did it before should have used gsp
Thx

1st class is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom
Priority is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom but you pull out
Express is wife sex
FedEx is you, a playboy, and a bathroom in junior high school.

Any questions?
post #7982 of 18272

Anyone has any tip on what to do next with this situation? The buyer bid on and item and messaged me a couple hours before auction end asking if she could retract her bid (only bidder). I agreed but since Ebay would not let you cancel bid towards the last few hours of the auction, I was hopping someone else would place another bid to overwrite the issue. However, after the auction ended she paid and hasn't said anything. 

Do I ship the item or wait for her to respond?


Edited by SchoolyardBully - 12/17/13 at 8:51pm
post #7983 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

1st class is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom
Priority is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom but you pull out
Express is wife sex
FedEx is you, a playboy, and a bathroom in junior high school.

Any questions?

Thanks!
post #7984 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Guys
I had someone from France win my item.
Hoe do I go about shipping international ?

1st class ok (15) it priority only ?(35)
Weight 15oz total

Never did it before should have used gsp
Thx

 

Hopefully you charged enough for Priority Express Int'l (or can afford to eat a few bucks and ship it that way, if not).  Next best is Priority Int'l.  I wouldn't go 1st Class Int'l unless to Canada.

Spoo was much more eloquent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolyardBully View Post
 

Anyone has any tip on what to do next with this situation? The buyer bid on and item and messaged me a couple hours before auction end asking if she could retract her bid (only bidder). I agreed but since Ebay would not let you cancel bid towards the last few hours of the auction, I was hopping someone else would place another bid to overwrite the issue. However, after the auction ended she paid and hasn't said anything. 

Do I ship the item or wait for her to response?

 

Might be proactive and ask if she still wants the item just to make sure (to save the eventual return headache) - if not - buyer should initiate the cancel, you agree, get your fees back.

Otherwise, I'd wait 24-48 hours before shipping to make sure she doesn't get the jimmy leg and try to cancel; after that no reason not to ship.  If you have 1-day handling it won't ding you if you have shipped the majority of other items in 1 day - forget the threshold but I thought it was 90% (of items shipped when you say they will be shipped).

post #7985 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Guys
I had someone from France win my item.
Hoe do I go about shipping international ?

1st class ok (15) it priority only ?(35)
Weight 15oz total

Never did it before should have used gsp
Thx

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


1st class is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom
Priority is like sex with a random prostitute with no condom but you pull out
Express is wife sex
FedEx is you, a playboy, and a bathroom in junior high school.

Any question?

 

Go with First Class, you might receive a surprise after usually in a few weeks. 

 

:smarmy:

post #7986 of 18272
I can eat some shipping for priority since I charged for first class.. Live and learn

Sticking with conus or gsp as a occasional seller in future
post #7987 of 18272

Just to mix it up a bit here.....France is a DELCON country. I've been first classing it to them without issue.

post #7988 of 18272

Where do you guys get the boxes to ship things?! I've been running out, and i'm really just getting started.

post #7989 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrizzy View Post
 

Where do you guys get the boxes to ship things?! I've been running out, and i'm really just getting started.

mostly here....

 

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_RegionalRate&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_RegionalRate

post #7990 of 18272

Similar thing for canada post or no?

post #7991 of 18272
I never had a problem where someone disputes the condition of an item and wants a partial refund, but this time I sold a pair of very high end shoes complete with box bags and original trees at around $250 plus international post. These shoes usually sell on internet for minimum $750, and were in my opinion lightly worn and near mint. I cited light wear and small scrapes as would be expected but basically very good. The postage ended up about $10 less than I had been quoted, and he says the Rubber outer layer sole covering is worn smooth at ball of foot and the heels (also rubber outer layer shows scratching). To me the soles were very good condition with little wear at all. He expects he has to spend $60 to replace the rubber and also complains that the bags were grubby. Basically he feels misled and wants a $50 refund. I had bought these as near mint for higher price and never worn them, so I don't agree with my buyer's assessment especially at the price! I woukd not have sold them at $200. Actually its the cheapest price I have ever seen for this brand even if they were quite well worn! I dont mind paying back the postage although packaging and time for posting at $10 is not something I woukd begrudge anyone.
He wants me to avoid him making a claim against me, by me paying back $50 - I am afraid of getting bad feedbck even if I refund him.
Am I better to ask him to return the shoes and refund the sale price or just agree and write off the $50?
post #7992 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by labravajazz View Post

I never had a problem where someone disputes the condition of an item and wants a partial refund, but this time I sold a pair of very high end shoes complete with box bags and original trees at around $250 plus international post. These shoes usually sell on internet for minimum $750, and were in my opinion lightly worn and near mint. I cited light wear and small scrapes as would be expected but basically very good. The postage ended up about $10 less than I had been quoted, and he says the Rubber outer layer sole covering is worn smooth at ball of foot and the heels (also rubber outer layer shows scratching). To me the soles were very good condition with little wear at all. He expects he has to spend $60 to replace the rubber and also complains that the bags were grubby. Basically he feels misled and wants a $50 refund. I had bought these as near mint for higher price and never worn them, so I don't agree with my buyer's assessment especially at the price! I woukd not have sold them at $200. Actually its the cheapest price I have ever seen for this brand even if they were quite well worn! I dont mind paying back the postage although packaging and time for posting at $10 is not something I woukd begrudge anyone.
He wants me to avoid him making a claim against me, by me paying back $50 - I am afraid of getting bad feedbck even if I refund him.
Am I better to ask him to return the shoes and refund the sale price or just agree and write off the $50?

 

Sometimes you have to call BS on the BSers. Tell him to send the shoes back for a refund. Do not offer him a 25% discount! That's exactly what he's after!

post #7993 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms0943 View Post

C9h8Ah


I sent something to an ebay'er via priority mail who won an auction last week. supposed to arrive there by last friday. he's claiming it hasn't and i haven't gotten a return to sender yet.

Not sure if you have a question or are just sharing...track it at usps.com.
post #7994 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Sometimes you have to call BS on the BSers. Tell him to send the shoes back for a refund. Do not offer him a 25% discount! That's exactly what he's after!
Thanks, that was my initial feeling but then I started worrying about the consequences. Can he leave bad feedback if I ask him to return them for a refund? And if I give him a discount he can still leave bad feedbck right? Guess I'm being paranoid but i've done hundreds of transactions with people who were happy but it just takes that one to make trouble for a seller..... I do appreciate your input on this thanks very much
post #7995 of 18272
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post


Spoo was much more colorful.

FTFY.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions