or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 53

post #781 of 15166

Stupid people can be stupid on any platform.

 

On another note, is there any way to know if eBay has read or decided on a customer service message? 

post #782 of 15166
Why not just call them?
post #783 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Stupid people can be stupid on any platform.

 

On another note, is there any way to know if eBay has read or decided on a customer service message? 

Sometimes they will send you an email with minimal details on their decision, but often you won't hear anything. Calling would be the best bet.

post #784 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

He still thinks Vintage means expensive and classy...not old. Thinking about sending him a dictionary, lol. I have a few lying around here.

Make sure it is a brand new one.
post #785 of 15166

Jeebus, the saga continues. So first the guy sent me a message saying that he wants the $25 back because he doesn't see anything about a restocking fee. I haven't responded yet.

 

Next I get an email from eBay "NOTICE: eBay User Information Request" with my contact information including my phone number and his contact information. I notice that I have a voicemail on my phone... from him... wanting his $25. 

 

I didn't realize eBay would give my phone number out. Did anyone else know this? I'm PISSED. Now I'm going to have to actually call eBay customer support about this idiot and he's got my damned phone number and can harass me forever.

 

Should I message this guy back and point out that 1) The listing terms and conditions DO state that there's a 10% restocking fee, 2) He messaged me when he bought them and we discussed the restocking fee, and 3) He messaged me when he returned them and told me to hold out $25? Or should I just talk to eBay and not respond to him?

 

GAH! 

post #786 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Jeebus, the saga continues. So first the guy sent me a message saying that he wants the $25 back because he doesn't see anything about a restocking fee. I haven't responded yet.

 

Next I get an email from eBay "NOTICE: eBay User Information Request" with my contact information including my phone number and his contact information. I notice that I have a voicemail on my phone... from him... wanting his $25. 

 

I didn't realize eBay would give my phone number out. Did anyone else know this? I'm PISSED. Now I'm going to have to actually call eBay customer support about this idiot and he's got my damned phone number and can harass me forever.

 

Should I message this guy back and point out that 1) The listing terms and conditions DO state that there's a 10% restocking fee, 2) He messaged me when he bought them and we discussed the restocking fee, and 3) He messaged me when he returned them and told me to hold out $25? Or should I just talk to eBay and not respond to him?

 

GAH! 

I would call ebay now, and see what they want you to do about it. They will tell you whether it would be best to continue to argue with the guy. They can at least flag the transaction in case he opens a case against you. 

post #787 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I would call ebay now, and see what they want you to do about it. They will tell you whether it would be best to continue to argue with the guy. They can at least flag the transaction in case he opens a case against you. 

Too tired tonight. Will call tomorrow. Thanks.

post #788 of 15166

I need some help / recommendation on a eBay bidder.  I have a pair of boots up and a buyer with a 1 rating bid on it.  He has only 1 feedback history and it is negative reading "would not do business with again".  This specific bidder left feedback once reading "seller does not ship to APO addresses"  

 

First off I'm not too familiar with what an APO address is. 

 

Second, how do I go about getting rid of him?  I don't want to even chance doing business with him because I'm scared and will get screwed out of this transaction.

post #789 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Second, how do I go about getting rid of him?  I don't want to even chance doing business with him because I'm scared and will get screwed out of this transaction.

In your bidder requirements you should be able to filter out people with -1 or less feedback. Unfortunately, you can't filter out 0 but I've had a few 0 feedback buyers and so far so good. At this point, you're kind of screwed in regards to bowing out gracefully though. Didn't see auction was still going. Yes, cancel bid and block bidder as stated below.
Edited by VLSI - 10/4/12 at 3:33am
post #790 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

 

Second, how do I go about getting rid of him?  I don't want to even chance doing business with him because I'm scared and will get screwed out of this transaction.

 

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CancelBidShow

 

Just go on customer support and write in managing bidders, then cancelling a bid. You can cancel the guys bid from there. After that go back on managing bidders and put bidders over say 5-10 feedback then he wont be able to rebid! 

post #791 of 15166
Anyone have experience shipping to France and Thailand? Weird combination I know, but I have messages from two separate bidders on two separate items this morning wanting me to ship trousers and a shirt to those countries even though I said CONUS shipping only - I don't really mind shipping to either bidder as they both have over 300 positive feedback with a history of similar bids, I just don't want to get burned. What's my best option?
post #792 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

I need some help / recommendation on a eBay bidder.  I have a pair of boots up and a buyer with a 1 rating bid on it.  He has only 1 feedback history and it is negative reading "would not do business with again".  This specific bidder left feedback once reading "seller does not ship to APO addresses"  

 

First off I'm not too familiar with what an APO address is. 

 

Second, how do I go about getting rid of him?  I don't want to even chance doing business with him because I'm scared and will get screwed out of this transaction.

An APO address is an overseas military address, it stands for Army Post Office.

post #793 of 15166

More on the Vintage Southwick Tux Saga

 

Chapter 3: Paypal Appeals Process

 

 

Check Mate (Click to show)

 

Dear Wesley

PayPal has concluded the appeal of the following buyer complaint.

Transaction Details
------------------------------
Buyer's name: xxxxxx
Buyer's email: xxxxxxx
Transaction ID: xxxxxxx

Transaction date: Sep 9, 2012
Transaction amount: $45.49 USD
Your transaction ID: 4xxxxxx
Case number: xxxxxxx
------------------------------

We're finished investigating your appeal. We are offering you a partial
refund in the amount of $30.00 USD to close this appeal
.

If you decide not to accept this partial refund, you may be required to
return the item to PayPal, at your expense, to be eligible for a full
refund.

 


Edited by capnwes - 10/4/12 at 4:27am
post #794 of 15166
"We know you're right, but we figure you'll take less anyways and there's nothing you can do about it." Fuck you paypal.

Also, you may have x'ed out the buyer's email but the hyperlink is still there wink.gif
post #795 of 15166
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

"We know you're right, but we figure you'll take less anyways and there's nothing you can do about it." Fuck you paypal.
Also, you may have x'ed out the buyer's email but the hyperlink is still there wink.gif

Oops. Fixed that..lol.

 

I could send it to them, and try for the last 15 bucks just to screw him, but it is not really worth the shipping cost to do that. Either way, He is out $38 and has no vintage suit to show for it. I actually made a very small profit. He should have taken the return with the $4.54 restocking fee, but hey...if he wants to learn the hard way, I am happy to teach him.

 

Just out of curiosity, I googled the buyers name to see who I was dealing with. Turns out he is a 50 year old dude in NY. He has a trademark on record for some recording equipment, which is yet to be developed. I had the opportunity to leave the first review, but I decided not to at this time.

 

I was thinking maybe something like this.

"The product is not what I expected. It is not worth the expense I paid or the time I spent. I get better recording results from my vintage equipment at home."

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions