or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 493

post #7381 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

ATL, use the tyvek USPS shipping bags that are free. I use those or a plastic garbage bag wrapped neatly before having them enter a box. I suppose u could pay for Poly bags and use those, but that's added expense. I only use poly bags for first class shipments.

 

I also already do use the Tyvek USPS bags if I am shipping, say, a sweater that is too big for a padded mailer so it goes Region Rate A.  I'm looking for something bigger for sport coats, suits and outerwear (winter coats)...I don't want to try and cram them into the Tyvek mailer - most simply will not fit.  I appreciate your replies and suggestions but I know what I am looking for and what I wish to use it for...just need a good source, which was the original question.  I'm willing to pay the extra 10 or 15 cents or whatnot when bought in bulk, for larger plastic bags I can use for larger items.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

... I suppose you could actually insure yourself though. Put aside the amount you would have paid for the insurance into a separate account, and only dip into it when you have a lost/damaged item.

 

I like this idea...unless I were to get hit with a lost/damaged item right out of the gate and I was self-insuring...though I suppose it would be made up eventually since it hasn't happened to me in years, and I'd eventually be back in the black.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

How much of a difference will Top Rated Plus make on my sales? I'm about to hit it, and I typically sell 2 buy it nows and 2-5 auctions a week. I regularly post 50ish or so a month, starting to ramp it up. I have this expectation to hit Search Result Nirvana once I get my TRSP but I'm not actually sure what to expect.

 

I'm Power Seller and Top Rated Plus, and my items are typically featured near the top of the heap when initially searching ("best match"), and I've seen my stuff top of page 1 in Google shopping search results...which does not necessarily translate to markedly higher sales, since you still have to have a good product at a good price.  eBay makes comparison shopping a snap on their site, so useful keywords, filling in all the info boxes/options, good pictures and description/measurements, and a competitive price will make the sale.  I'm only happy to be Top Rated for the final value fee discounts; don't think it has much, if any, effect on my own sales.  I sell more than I used to, for higher dollar amounts, but I also list more items that are higher-priced than I used to.

post #7382 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

I also already do use the Tyvek USPS bags if I am shipping, say, a sweater that is too big for a padded mailer so it goes Region Rate A.  I'm looking for something bigger for sport coats, suits and outerwear (winter coats)...I don't want to try and cram them into the Tyvek mailer - most simply will not fit.  I appreciate your replies and suggestions but I know what I am looking for and what I wish to use it for...just need a good source, which was the original question.  I'm willing to pay the extra 10 or 15 cents or whatnot when bought in bulk, for larger plastic bags I can use for larger items.

I know Luxeswap uses very nice plastic bags for suits & SC's before entering a box.  They are awesome, and have been a recipient of them in the past.  Those would be fantastic to use, but for me at this point, I need to wait and make sure I have some legs underneath me before trying to expand into extra expenses.

 

edit: in fact, I have ecstatically reused the Luxeswap bags to ship items off in before.

post #7383 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

I know Luxeswap uses very nice plastic bags for suits & SC's before entering a box.  They are awesome, and have been a recipient of them in the past.  Those would be fantastic to use, but for me at this point, I need to wait and make sure I have some legs underneath me before trying to expand into extra expenses.

 

edit: in fact, I have ecstatically reused the Luxeswap bags to ship items off in before.

 

Lol, I've thought more than once about ordering from Brian, Spoo, and Wes just to see how they do packaging. 

post #7384 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

 

Lol, I've thought more than once about ordering from Brian, Spoo, and Wes just to see how they do packaging. 

To get a full spectrum, you should order cuff links, a tie, shoes, sport coat, a suit, pants and a shirt. Now.

post #7385 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

I know Luxeswap uses very nice plastic bags for suits & SC's before entering a box.  They are awesome, and have been a recipient of them in the past.  Those would be fantastic to use, but for me at this point, I need to wait and make sure I have some legs underneath me before trying to expand into extra expenses.

 

edit: in fact, I have ecstatically reused the Luxeswap bags to ship items off in before.

    

Yes, that's more along the lines of what I'm looking for - got one shipment from LuxeSwap and dug the bag.  I'm letting the baby play with it right now. 

  

I don't sell a bunch - lucky if I hit $3k a month - but it's been raining a lot all over the US and last thing I need is a sopping wet coat to arrive at a buyer's doorstep. 

  

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

To get a full spectrum, you should order cuff links, a tie, shoes, sport coat, a suit, pants and a shirt. Now.

 

Gotta space them out, though, else they'll all arrive in one big box.  

post #7386 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

    

Yes, that's more along the lines of what I'm looking for - got one shipment from LuxeSwap and dug the bag.  I'm letting the baby play with it right now. 

  

I don't sell a bunch - lucky if I hit $3k a month - but it's been raining a lot all over the US and last thing I need is a sopping wet coat to arrive at a buyer's doorstep. 

  

 

Gotta space them out, though, else they'll all arrive in one big box.  

Got one shipment from Luxeswap......dug the bag and switched packaging styles immediately. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery. Thanks Spoo. 

post #7387 of 17483

I would appreciate it if someone would buy everything I have listed on eBay (listed now and for the foreseeable future), so I can buy this car I saw for sale today and have since contracted a case of the serious wants. 

  

 

post #7388 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Got one shipment from Luxeswap......dug the bag and switched packaging styles immediately. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery. Thanks Spoo. 

 

Got one shipment from Wes......dug the bag and decided to use them from day one. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery. Thanks Wes and Spoo. 

post #7389 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Got one shipment from Luxeswap......dug the bag and switched packaging styles immediately. Mimicry is the highest form of flattery. Thanks Spoo. 


No more "thank you" bags??

 

Where did u buy ur new bags from?  They are super nice, I should switch now... Mimicry is the highest form of flattery.  Thanks Spoo & Wes

post #7390 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 


No more "thank you" bags??

 

Where did u buy ur new bags from?  They are super nice, I should switch now... Mimicry is the highest form of flattery.  Thanks Spoo & Wes

Nope. Thank You is no more. Got my bags from Uline. Will search harder for a cheaper comparable product next time, so far I have not found it. It's hard to beat the fact that Uline delivers in less than 24 hours.

post #7391 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post
 

 

I'd like to start using plastic/poly bags for suits, outerwear, sport coats etc (larger than will comfortably fit into the USPS Tyvek bag), and would also appreciate recommendations on where to get some in bulk, 100 pieces or so.

This is the biggest poly mailer I find on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Poly-Mailers-Envelopes-14-5X19-Self-Sealing-Plastic-bags-Expedited-Shipping-/281082102528?pt=BI_Mailers_Envelopes&hash=item4171cc8300

post #7392 of 17483

But Amazon's got much bigger poly mailers, up to 2'x2'.

 

*Found these on eBay too at this store: http://stores.ebay.com/goodusa/

post #7393 of 17483
Next stop, Las Vegas!

post #7394 of 17483
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

I would appreciate it if someone would buy everything I have listed on eBay (listed now and for the foreseeable future), so I can buy this car I saw for sale today and have since contracted a case of the serious wants. 
  



I feel the same way, but about this...

post #7395 of 17483

Oh, wow. Just thought of a (theoretically) clever idea for packaging. So you have those opaque self-seal mailers that you use before stuffing the garment into the box, right? And you probably wish you could have some clever/nice looking thank you message sent out with every package, combined with simple instructions on how to contact yourself and return the garment if needed. But slipping a piece of paper doesn't work so well, because people are likely to discard that with invoice before even giving much thought to either.

 

Design a template that will print onto the same self-adhesive labels you use to print postage. Have a thank you, brand name, instructions to return, whatever. Print that, and slap it on the outside of each opaque self-seal bag. 

 

When the customer opens their box and pull out their bag, the first thing their eyes are drawn to is the sticker (because the bag is opaque). Because that's the first thing they see and aren't yet distracted by the garment (ideally they'll wait to rip open the bag to quickly read your sticker, if out of novelty alone), you'll have their full attention and ability to craft the customers mindset before they see the garment.

 

Or you could get that message printed on the outside of those poly bags, but I don't think in bulk like that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions