or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 480

post #7186 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

What about that design suggests heraldic? Never heard that term before.

by no means an expert, but it has ancient origins. Heraldry is all that rank and order stuff associated with royalty/ battle/ etc.  It the middle ages the design of shields, standards, castles are full of images, usually battle or war related, but doesn't have to be. On documents, art, architecture certain motif's were combined with decorative elements, themselves also having meaning, that recur. A rosette carved in a mantle, an acanthus leaf cast in stone around a shield. Griffins and all types of mythical animals. All show up in Heraldic patterns. Think coats of arms. Flags. government seals. 

 

Case in point, look at the back of a one dollar bill. You have the seal of the USA, itself a heraldic pattern. Note the shield in the middle and compare it to the image on the right below. note the vertical stripes. In heraldry, there were rules governing which colors could touch, so in the seal of the USA and this image, the red stripes are bordered by white, same as in the USA seal. The small sprig-like leafs are likely olive leafs, now look at the right talon of the eagle. I don't know if these flowers are supposed to be roses or tulips or whatever, but essentially they would all mean something. the one on the left looks like a rosette, but maybe based on a different flower. On the dollar, note all the acanthus leaf etched around the seal. 

 

    

 

So, my inclination was to think that this was some take on a patriotic theme for PRL, because of the way the symbols were used. 

 

And because I'm not expert on it, I don't know what most of the imagery means.

post #7187 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post
 

If you can tell me how to navigate to this page:

I can probably handle it from there.

 

I really appreciate the help.

On the side bar of your "my ebay" page, select the paid and shipped category and select the item in question, or you can enter the item page directly from the email the buyer sent to you.

 

From there you can select one of the two below. I prefer the "view order details" selection, because I can see everything about the order in one place.

 

 

This is the page I was incorrectly calling the Transaction page. From here you can perform any function you need involving returns, transaction cancellations, refunds, tracking, feedback etc. 

 

If you were the buyer, this is where you can initiate a return if the buyer has the hassle free Managed Returns option selected.

 

To continue, click the Paypal Transaction button to be redirected to the payment page in Paypal. You will process the refund there. Be sure you have received and inspected the returned item before sending the refund.

 

post #7188 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post
 

by no means an expert, but it has ancient origins. Heraldry is all that rank and order stuff associated with royalty/ battle/ etc.  It the middle ages the design of shields, standards, castles are full of images, usually battle or war related, but doesn't have to be. On documents, art, architecture certain motif's were combined with decorative elements, themselves also having meaning, that recur. A rosette carved in a mantle, an acanthus leaf cast in stone around a shield. Griffins and all types of mythical animals. All show up in Heraldic patterns. Think coats of arms. Flags. government seals. 

 

Case in point, look at the back of a one dollar bill. You have the seal of the USA, itself a heraldic pattern. Note the shield in the middle and compare it to the image on the right below. note the vertical stripes. In heraldry, there were rules governing which colors could touch, so in the seal of the USA and this image, the red stripes are bordered by white, same as in the USA seal. The small sprig-like leafs are likely olive leafs, now look at the right talon of the eagle. I don't know if these flowers are supposed to be roses or tulips or whatever, but essentially they would all mean something. the one on the left looks like a rosette, but maybe based on a different flower. On the dollar, note all the acanthus leaf etched around the seal. 

 

    

 

So, my inclination was to think that this was some take on a patriotic theme for PRL, because of the way the symbols were used. 

 

And because I'm not expert on it, I don't know what most of the imagery means.

This is all very interesting, but the question in my mind is, who is going to be actively searching ebay for a Heraldic tie. Be sure to list it so someone will find it, and preferably at least 2 people to get the bids moving.

post #7189 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

On the side bar of your "my ebay" page, select the paid and shipped category and select the item in question, or you can enter the item page directly from the email the buyer sent to you.

 

From there you can select one of the two below. I prefer the "view order details" selection, because I can see everything about the order in one place.

 

 

This is the page I was incorrectly calling the Transaction page. From here you can perform any function you need involving returns, transaction cancellations, refunds, tracking, feedback etc. 

 

If you were the buyer, this is where you can initiate a return if the buyer has the hassle free Managed Returns option selected.

 

To continue, click the Paypal Transaction button to be redirected to the payment page in Paypal. You will process the refund there. Be sure you have received and inspected the returned item before sending the refund.

 

 

So. Helpful. Thank you very much.

post #7190 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubcoos1452 View Post
 

When you sell internationally, do you choose all the countries that you want to block?


When you choose the countries or continents of where you want to ship to, this just informs lurkers and buyers of where you ship the item to.  This does not block these outside lurkers from actually purchasing the item.  The only way to help improve these chances, is to actually 1 by 1 block the countries of which you choose NOT / DON'T ship to.

 

From what I hear, there is no fail proof system.

post #7191 of 12015
I just packed my first shipment to Iceland!

Fun stuff, haggling over price with someone there while still in bed here in sunny California!
post #7192 of 12015

Update.....

 

My chargeback for $225 from a couple weeks back has been covered in full by Paypal seller protection.

 

New Case.....

 

Item Not Received: "I unfortunately had not updated my Paypal account with my new address. I used the tracking number and saw that the item is being sent back to you as undeliverable. My current address is as follows: Joe Schmoe, Yada Yada Drive, BFE, USA  Please resend the item. Thanks, Joe"

 

And....why is this a reason to open a case against me again?

post #7193 of 12015

Wow, people like that really give Joe Schmoe a bad name!  :foo:

post #7194 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post
 

Wow, people like that really give Joe Schmoe a bad name!  :foo:


Foo!

post #7195 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

This is all very interesting, but the question in my mind is, who is going to be actively searching ebay for a Heraldic tie. Be sure to list it so someone will find it, and preferably at least 2 people to get the bids moving.

This is why I came asking in the first place. I asked my wife and she said NO ONE would know WTF I was saying and no one would be looking for it. 

 

Spoo bailed me out by suggesting "Floral Mosaic" which is what I went went. 

 

I only wrote the above in reply to Lirum asking what put me on the trail of the heralds.

post #7196 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

 

New Case.....

 

And....why is this a reason to open a case against me again?

Wouldn't this just be the new system, it automatically opens a case when you say you haven't received an item.  Maybe he just went that way and followed the prompts instead of just sending you a message?

post #7197 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Wouldn't this just be the new system, it automatically opens a case when you say you haven't received an item.  Maybe he just went that way and followed the prompts instead of just sending you a message?

Highly likely.

 

The plot thickens....this guy now expects me to pay the return shipping from the incorrect address and the re-shipping cost to the correct address, because my listing says free shipping. 

 

NSFW.... (Click to show)
post #7198 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

New Case.....

 

Item Not Received: "I unfortunately had not updated my Paypal account with my new address. I used the tracking number and saw that the item is being sent back to you as undeliverable. My current address is as follows: Joe Schmoe, Yada Yada Drive, BFE, USA  Please resend the item. Thanks, Joe"

 

And....why is this a reason to open a case against me again?

I recently bought a CD. After 9 days of it not arriving and not being marked as shipped in ebay, I wanted to ask the seller if he had a "status update," to either know if it had been shipped, or give him a gentle reminder if not. I was just trying to ask a question. I clicked on "submit" and the next page said a case had been opened. Dangit ebay, I wasn't trying to open a damn case. It's just another example of them doing things that don't completely make sense to me.

 

It's quite likely that your buyer was just trying to ask a question too. I don't like his completely unapologetic tone or his apparent assumption that you're just going to ship it again at your expense because of his screw-up, I'm just saying that based on my recent experience, he may not be quite as big of a dickhead as the opening of a case might make him appear.

 

EDIT: aaaaand now that I see tx's post and yours after that, I am more fully informed and can say with a high degree of certainty that your buyer is in fact a huge dickhead.

post #7199 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Highly likely.

 

The plot thickens....this guy now expects me to pay the return shipping from the incorrect address and the re-shipping cost to the correct address, because my listing says free shipping. 

 

A douche-nozzle.  Pretty clear.  If I were the buyer, I'd realize that the free shipping covered it as far as my incorrect PayPal address, and not triple shipping.  Hope you share the user name here or on the black-list.  And I'm 99.9% sure you can win any sort of case if you refuse to reship for free.  I really do not understand people sometimes.  I get irritated when someone messages me after I've already printed the label and asks that I add signature required (which is an extra $2.20 that they did not pay for, nor offered to)...but this takes the cake.

post #7200 of 12015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

A douche-nozzle.  Pretty clear.  If I were the buyer, I'd realize that the free shipping covered it as far as my incorrect PayPal address, and not triple shipping.  Hope you share the user name here or on the black-list.  And I'm 99.9% sure you can win any sort of case if you refuse to reship for free.  I really do not understand people sometimes.  I get irritated when someone messages me after I've already printed the label and asks that I add signature required (which is an extra $2.20 that they did not pay for, nor offered to)...but this takes the cake.

Do you get to keep the money in this scenario?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions