or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 476

post #7126 of 15927
Quote:
Please do not take this personal, but I was very disappointed with the shoes. They were the same size as a 9, I measured. Additionally , no insoles. I wore them last week for the first time and after 2 hours, my feet were killing me due to lack of insole support and my feet were slipping all around in the shoes and I got 2 blisters. I am certain you are a good person and I NEVER leave negative feedback. I was going to send them back but UPS were going to charge me 15.00. and I had to go buy shoes mid day during work, which set me back 89.00. So I gave the shoes to charity and wore the new shoes. I think it would be very cool if you have me a partial refund of half of the total amount of the transaction. Your thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290995309163

Still within feedback window.
post #7127 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


http://www.ebay.com/itm/290995309163

Still within feedback window.

Good customer service response......"No problem"

 

Dream customer service response......."$89, you dummy, why didn't you just buy some Dr Scholls inserts?

post #7128 of 15927
I don't know man. His complaint seems to be that they didn't fit. And rather than contact prior to donating them, he just requests a partial refund later? I also don't expect why he expected them to come with inserts that weren't in the picture. I understand it's easy to refund $10 because it's not a lot of money, but I don't like that justification for being complicit to his request. If it was a $200 sale, would you suggest the same?
post #7129 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I don't know man. His complaint seems to be that they didn't fit. And rather than contact prior to donating them, he just requests a partial refund later? I also don't expect why he expected them to come with inserts that weren't in the picture. I understand it's easy to refund $10 because it's not a lot of money, but I don't like that justification for being complicit to his request. If it was a $200 sale, would you suggest the same?

No. My answer was entirely based on the sale price this time.

 

I couldn't see the pics, since they have expired or whatever. Probably best to verbally point out the missing insoles as well next time. 

post #7130 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

No. My answer was entirely based on the sale price this time.

I couldn't see the pics, since they have expired or whatever. Probably best to verbally point out the missing insoles as well next time. 

Pics are still in ebay. The ones in the body were the same. There is one that shows the heel pad. Was there supposed to be something more than that? It's my dad's listing but I know he'll be asking me what to do when he wakes up tomorrow confused.gif
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #7131 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


Pics are still in ebay. The ones in the body were the same. There is one that shows the heel pad. Was there supposed to be something more than that? It's my dad's listing but I know he'll be asking me what to do when he wakes up tomorrow confused.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Hmm. so they do have the heel pads. Now I'm just confused. Must be past my bedtime.

post #7132 of 15927

^Yeah, the whole thing doesn't make sense.  His purchase history is strange, all different sizes of shoes 8 to 13, but he's not a bottom feeder, he's paid well for some stuff.  Very eclectic from Brioni to RG.

 

It's a tough call, looks like you did nothing wrong, but I would 50% refund based on just the risk of feedback.

post #7133 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

^Yeah, the whole thing doesn't make sense.  His purchase history is strange, all different sizes of shoes 8 to 13, but he's not a bottom feeder, he's paid well for some stuff.  Very eclectic from Brioni to RG.

I don't know how you can see buyer feedback anymore. I think you were looking at my dad's feedback (seller).

He did say he NEVER leaves negative. Could see whether how firmly he sticks to that principle peepwall[1].gif

This is essentially extortion without explicitly stating it.
post #7134 of 15927

Oh, DUH! Yes, I was looking at clssc494's feedback.  Carry on, you can look at the buyer's feedback since you know who he is.  Feel him out based on his feedback and purchases.

If you want to go the feedback extortion route, the way to go is not reply to him, report him to the bay, don't give him a refund or anything, then if he leaves neg, you can likely get it removed basd on his communication.

post #7135 of 15927
I believe they changed that recently so you can no longer view a buyer's past items, only see the feedback comments.



If he did leave a neg because of a refused partial refund, I'm not sure ebay would see it as extortion because he didn't explicitly state he would leave negative without the refund. I don't really know if he's being genuine. It's quite convenient that he can no longer return them, and he seems pretty collected for someone that buys $20 shoes on ebay but then had to spend $89 on new shoes.
post #7136 of 15927
I'm leaving tomorrow to be out of town for Thanksgiving travel for a week. Is there a setting I can use to let buyers know I won't be able to ship until I return, without having to edit a comment into every single listing?

All my items are BINOBO and I don't have a store.
post #7137 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

I'm leaving tomorrow to be out of town for Thanksgiving travel for a week. Is there a setting I can use to let buyers know I won't be able to ship until I return, without having to edit a comment into every single listing?

All my items are BINOBO and I don't have a store.

If you have an actual store, there is a vacation responder, but if you don't, then I don't believe there's anything you can do.

post #7138 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

I'm leaving tomorrow to be out of town for Thanksgiving travel for a week. Is there a setting I can use to let buyers know I won't be able to ship until I return, without having to edit a comment into every single listing?

All my items are BINOBO and I don't have a store.

You can edit all of listing in bulk with the Listing Manager. You can add the comment to the description and apply the change to all listings, that is unless this also a feature exclusive to stores.

post #7139 of 15927

Yeah, so I got myself a projector screen a la bbwwooyy's tip, and realized I was putting way too much thought into shooting straight down. 

 

Not perfect, but it works:

 

 

 

That second tripod is so I don't have to hassle with moving the other. 

 

And works pretty well too:

 

 

Bam. No perspective distortion. 

post #7140 of 15927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post
 

Yeah, so I got myself a projector screen a la bbwwooyy's tip, and realized I was putting way too much thought into shooting straight down. 

 

Not perfect, but it works:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

That second tripod is so I don't have to hassle with moving the other. 

 

And works pretty well too:

 

 

 

Bam. No perspective distortion. 

 

That looks pretty damn good!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions