or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 472

post #7066 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

have a situation 

I'd say the buyer just handed you a get out of jail free card with that second communication.  What an asshat.  Thanks for letting us all know, added to the block list!

 

Speaking of which, I just refunded this douchenozzle original purchase price plus shipping both ways for an item exactly as described, even double checked the measurements after it came back.  Don't let this buyer use you as a virtual fitting room: jmoelaw

BLOCK!

post #7067 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Things I Just Don't Get - ebay version

I recently set up a new ebay account to sell a few personally owned items and keep the money separate from my business. On this new account I am not allowed to require immediate payment on a Buy It Now item. WTF is their reasoning on that? Why allow a potential buyer to tie up an item without paying for it?

I am assuming you are using a new/different paypal account with this new ebay account? For whatever I am pretty sure you need a permier or business account to require immediate payment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddievddr10 View Post

have a situation that i need help with, yesterday a buyer who bought 2 thom browne ties from me in japan left me negative feedback saying items were fake, i called ebay they said nothing they can do and try to work with buyer to remove it thru communication , ive been having back and forth with buyer, his claim is there is no tri color grosgrain on tie, mine has gray or white grossgrain, so its fake i tried explaining and offering him to research himslef that alll earlier thom browne ties have this detail not tri color, but to no avail, he wants me to pay him back in full plus shipping and customs costs (he bought thru global shipping) to which i refused , since item is authentic id only reimburse him cost of goods, he says then negative rating will remain, now he just sent me a message wanting to buy a thom browne sweater i listed for 499 obo, for 300 and then he will remove the neg, ( i have another buyer at 380 pending) is this grounds for feedback extortion? can i call ebay and now have his feedback removed?

I have sold dozens of BBBF ties. All had solid colored grosgrain backing.

Call ebay and talk to a person. I am about 95% certain that they will remove the negative feedback for feedback extortion. If the ebay rep doesn't roll over immediately I would contend that the buyer placed the negative with the intent to use it as leverage on the next item.

I just added hibim0305 to my Blocked Bidder list.

Best to always just call ebay. The reps are actually very helpful IMO, but yes, it sounds like feedback extortion as long as all the messages/offers were though ebay and not on personal email accounts. I also also never ship anything to him again even if he offered $500. Why bother with the trouble, just block and move on. Enough legit people will want quality items and the $100 or $50 extra so not worth the possible negative and issues down the line.

post #7068 of 15685
just got off the phone with ebay, they said i also extorted him because he demanded his customs fees back (which they acknowledge was his extortion) but since i responded that i wont work with him on that end until he revises feedback (which is my option no obligation to do that even if he files a SNAD) i also extorted him so they cancel each other out( WTF??!!) also the fact that he extorted again on the sweater doesnt matter, so i was SOL, so i accepted his offer, great job ebay. musicboohoo[1].gif
post #7069 of 15685

I had my first repeat buyer who acknowledged he was a repeat buyer (just sent a message to me saying thanks for last time and he looks forward to his new item) and so I gave him a 15% refund. Then had another repeat buyer who always leaves thank you in his buyer note and gave him 15% back as well. Hope this earns me good will and keeps me in their minds if they're looking for stuffs.

 

Oh I also wanted to ask is there a way of checking if someone has bought from you before?

post #7070 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbkshin View Post
 

I had my first repeat buyer who acknowledged he was a repeat buyer (just sent a message to me saying thanks for last time and he looks forward to his new item) and so I gave him a 15% refund. Then had another repeat buyer who always leaves thank you in his buyer note and gave him 15% back as well. Hope this earns me good will and keeps me in their minds if they're looking for stuffs.

 

Oh I also wanted to ask is there a way of checking if someone has bought from you before?

If you use the ebay application "Outright" AKA Go Daddy Bookkeeping, you will get a report of your repeat buyers each week. The report includes dates, item info, price paid etc.

post #7071 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

If you use the ebay application "Outright" AKA Go Daddy Bookkeeping, you will get a report of your repeat buyers each week. The report includes dates, item info, price paid etc.

Appreciate ya, sir.

post #7072 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

If you use the ebay application "Outright" AKA Go Daddy Bookkeeping, you will get a report of your repeat buyers each week. The report includes dates, item info, price paid etc.

 

God I love this community.

post #7073 of 15685
Quick vent from a small-timer.

Some douche bag ended up with a free shirt after claiming SNAD--there wasn't a lot of money at stake, so I refunded, black-listed him and figured I'd just move on. He just now posted positive feedback: "Thank you! A+++." I feel like posting my own feedback: "Enjoy your free shirt." Instead, I'm venting here. Just feels like rubbing it in...
post #7074 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutpug View Post

Quick vent from a small-timer.

Some douche bag ended up with a free shirt after claiming SNAD--there wasn't a lot of money at stake, so I refunded, black-listed him and figured I'd just move on. He just now posted positive feedback: "Thank you! A+++." I feel like posting my own feedback: "Enjoy your free shirt." Instead, I'm venting here. Just feels like rubbing it in...


Do it...nothing to lose now.

 

PS: to answer your Q Pnutpug from thrift thread, today is day 6 of no smoking.  I've noticed that my cravings have gradually increased in time span between the mental thought of wanting to burn one.  I've also cut back on eating the past 3 days.  Not sure if its because I know after I eat I cannot enjoy the cig like I use to.  I guess I unknowingly ate more when smoking because I knew I could smoke there after again.  I mentally can over think things sometimes.  anyways, cannot wait to hit the 1 week mark, then shoot for the 1 month mark. 

I really want to see a difference in health, my air passage ways are still what they were when smoking, and cannot wait to not be out of breath over a staircase climb.  Having a physical change will greatly increase my confidence in not relapsing!

post #7075 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

I am assuming you are using a new/different paypal account with this new ebay account? For whatever I am pretty sure you need a permier or business account to require immediate payment.

Yes, it's a new paypal account. But what I don't get is why any seller is forced to accept a Buy it Now without requiring Immediate Payment.
post #7076 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


Yes, it's a new paypal account. But what I don't get is why any seller is forced to accept a Buy it Now without requiring Immediate Payment.


That is because eBay gives sellers the option to put a time frame on when they would like to receive the payment.  Some sellers who aren't strapped for cash feel like if they put a 3, 4 or 5 day purchase time on the item will attract more buyers.  In fact I believe our very own Spoo allows up 7 days to make payment for item.  This also buys time for large quantity sellers to not have to worry about shipping items in 1 business day.

 

I see the option as a valid one, but may not be for all sellers.

post #7077 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post


That is because eBay gives sellers the option to put a time frame on when they would like to receive the payment.  Some sellers who aren't strapped for cash feel like if they put a 3, 4 or 5 day purchase time on the item will attract more buyers.  In fact I believe our very own Spoo allows up 7 days to make payment for item.  This also buys time for large quantity sellers to not have to worry about shipping items in 1 business day.

I see the option as a valid one, but may not be for all sellers.

Yes 7 days for me, but thats an auction.

You can smack my ass and call me George if I ever do a BIN without immediate payment required though.
post #7078 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Yes 7 days for me, but thats an auction.

You can smack my ass and call me George if I ever do a BIN without immediate payment required though.

+1. I allow 11 days for payment, but you best be forkin' the cash over if you choose BIN.

 

I think Steve was referring to the fact that he is unable to force the immediate payment, until he reaches a higher level of paypal/ebay account standing. 

post #7079 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Yes 7 days for me, but thats an auction.

You can smack my ass and call me George if I ever do a BIN without immediate payment required though.


I do not require immediate payment with a BIN because I also have OBO...I have yet to try it but in my head doing a IP for BINOBO seems redundant since the contingency for the buyer relies on my acceptance as a seller.  Once accepted, how can eBay smack the person in the head, make them get out their phone and purchase ASAP b4 the bomb timer runs out and denies the purchase and accepted offer...

 

Having yet tried this option, I assume it would only take into affect if the buyer purchases the item at the listed BIN price and does not forgo a OBO case...is that right?  If the OBO is activated, then the "Immediate Payment" is rendered moot.

post #7080 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

 

Having yet tried this option, I assume it would only take into affect if the buyer purchases the item at the listed BIN price and does not forgo a OBO case...is that right?  If the OBO is activated, then the "Immediate Payment" is rendered moot.

Correct.

 

A BIN selection ends the listing altogether. If the buyer never pays, you have to wait....then open a case....then wait....then close the case....then relist. Immediate payment eliminates all of that. The listing stays live, until the buyer has paid. Money in your pocket, item out the door.

 

A OBO selection will leave the listing open until you have agreed upon the price. The buyer is not bound by the immediate payment requirement.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions