or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 466

post #6976 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Related, can you wrap a regional rate box with paper and still use it as a regional rate?

Yes, Im quite sure I have done it. I understand that unless something is flat rate, then its regional. Am I wrong?

post #6977 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Yes, Im quite sure I have done it. I understand that unless something is flat rate, then its regional. Am I wrong?

Yes, the bolded is definitely wrong. There's flat rate, regional rate, and weight/distance (brown box).
post #6978 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

Yes, Im quite sure I have done it. I understand that unless something is flat rate, then its regional. Am I wrong?

Yes, the bolded is definitely wrong. There's flat rate, regional rate, and weight/distance (brown box).

I hear. I don't think I have any brown box by my post office. I'm going to ask them tomorrow, I'm going anyway and would definitely want to know this because I do it sometimes, and I'll get back to you if you didn't get an answer by then.

post #6979 of 15726

There are tons of different options for Priority shipping boxes. I have far too many in my office to choose from... I'll be donating some of them back to the Post Office.

 

You can order them for free at USPS's website...

post #6980 of 15726
http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/usps

Shoe boxes and the 12x12x5 boxes cover most items.
post #6981 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post
 

I hear. I don't think I have any brown box by my post office. I'm going to ask them tomorrow, I'm going anyway and would definitely want to know this because I do it sometimes, and I'll get back to you if you didn't get an answer by then.

Brown box means owner supplied (I'm assuming) this would be anything you want to ship priority that doesn't fit/don't want to use USPS supplied red, white and blue packaging.  There's a great post here by Brian that gives shipping suggestions for the most common items.

post #6982 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc roberto View Post

I hear. I don't think I have any brown box by my post office. I'm going to ask them tomorrow, I'm going anyway and would definitely want to know this because I do it sometimes, and I'll get back to you if you didn't get an answer by then.

By "brown box" he means "your own packaging."
post #6983 of 15726
Sorry, wasn't trying to be vague. That's exactly what I meant. Of course there are USPS supplied options that get billed by weight and distance too, like the shoe box.

small/medium/large, envelope, legal envelope flat rate
regional rate a, b, and c, each of which comes in two different dimensions I believe
then there's the weight (up to 13oz first class, by the pound after) and distance (zone 1-8) rates

Maybe a few more options, but those are the ones I deal with most frequently.
post #6984 of 15726

Thanks guys, I had a hunch he meant that.  I'm going to try and clear this up at the post office tomorrow when I go, I would love to understand their system better in order to get the cheapest option.  A few times I wrapped a shoebox nice and neat in brown packing paper thinking it will be the cheapest and then when I get there its even more than large flat rate and I have to rip it all open and repack it in a large flat rate box. Did they stop giving packing tape for priority shipping by you guys too?  Wonder if they will start charging for the boxes soon.:puzzled:

post #6985 of 15726

+1. I've utilized CORIJENNIN on eBay and have never had a problem.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post

Hey everyone,

I've been working with corijennin
http://www.ebay.com/sch/corijennin/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
for a year.

I am a REPEAT buyer b/c the seller has an ample supply of anything and everything ebay related supplies, very responsive, and the price/quality is superb! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

(no, I do not know the seller personally)
post #6986 of 15726

Figure I'd do this here, since it just happened, and I have no pics to show.

 

eThrift brag (Click to show)

They didn't mention that some had tags.  There must be some Florida tax law or something that keeps the stores donating to the thrifts, or it's some odd coincidence.  When I went there for vacation this summer I came home with a trunk full of new store pulls from the BB outlet, all for $4 ea.

post #6987 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Figure I'd do this here, since it just happened, and I have no pics to show.
eThrift brag (Click to show)
They didn't mention that some had tags.  There must be some Florida tax law or something that keeps the stores donating to the thrifts, or it's some odd coincidence.  When I went there for vacation this summer I came home with a trunk full of new store pulls from the BB outlet, all for $4 ea.
Score!
post #6988 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

http://ebaysupplies.usps.com/usps

Shoe boxes and the 12x12x5 boxes cover most items.

Those for sure... I also use a lot of small flare rate boxes, but that will change depending on what you sell. I also have two different sizes of poly mailers.
post #6989 of 15726
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofTheCoolKids View Post




+1. I've utilized CORIJENNIN on eBay and have never had a problem.


Totally agree!! BEST ebay supplies seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Those for sure... I also use a lot of small flare rate boxes, but that will change depending on what you sell. I also have two different sizes of poly mailers.

You should definitely check out CORIJENNIN for poly mailers, tissue sheets and everything else ebay supplies related stuff.

Cannot say anything but positive feedback for this seller icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #6990 of 15726
This. Right here, right now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions