or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 461

post #6901 of 15723
I just shipped five packages ranging from the other side of the country (VA) to literally 1.5 miles down the same street my local post office is on! Yeah, it wasn't worth saving the $1.50 to hand deliver it.
post #6902 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

I just shipped five packages ranging from the other side of the country (VA) to literally 1.5 miles down the same street my local post office is on! Yeah, it wasn't worth saving the $1.50 to hand deliver it.


A few weeks ago, I sold a couple coats to a guy who's house was 2 blocks from my work. I had to drive past his house to get to the post office to drop the packages off. Super weird.

post #6903 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

^^ Just got a message now on ebay from him...not sure what he is trying to say really.

 

Dear weso0119,

Hello,

I have canceled of complaint to you on PAYPAL just now because it is not good for you on running business.

I run shoes shop in Japan,too.
The shoes width B is not on demand in Japan.
Maybe my customer will not buy it.
But I found it fit me very much and I decide to buy it for myself.

I think you are not kindness and I cannot respect your business mind,
but I will buy from you again if you have good shoes.
This shoes condition is so good.
I satisfied with the shoes.
I think maybe you don't tell a lie about the condition.
If you have ALDEN shoes size 6-8.5 width D or E,I can bid high price for them.

Sincerely.

Takashi

 

I should count how many A&B widths I have shipped to Japan in the past couple months, has to be pushing 80-90.  If it wasn't for the kind people of that country, I would still have a pile of shoes.

post #6904 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post


A few weeks ago, I sold a couple coats to a guy who's house was 2 blocks from my work. I had to drive past his house to get to the post office to drop the packages off. Super weird.

You can change a sale to local pickup after the fact ( before payment). It might be worth it in that situation!
post #6905 of 15723

^^ That message is complete awesomeness. For the ebay annals of idiots

post #6906 of 15723
I have had the same guy Buy It now on +$5K of items (while I have 3 cases open for non-payment) and he just bought on two more. Extremely annoying ,given that these have all had multiple interest!
post #6907 of 15723

When you enter the inseam information in your listing do you put down the exact number? I see that pants are usually sold in inseams that have even numbers (30, 32, etc.). If I have pants with, say, 31.5 inseam, do you put exactly that in the drop down column? I think that number is probably what ebay uses to classify and search, and if I have a 'weird' number my listing won't be seen by someone who is a true 32 or 30 or 31, but could make 31.5 work too (by letting out inseam, cuffing, etc.).

 

Of course, in the description I note down the exact measurement, along with all other measurements but I'm not sure what exactly to put in the 'Item Specifics' area.

post #6908 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reosymes View Post
 

When you enter the inseam information in your listing do you put down the exact number? I see that pants are usually sold in inseams that have even numbers (30, 32, etc.). If I have pants with, say, 31.5 inseam, do you put exactly that in the drop down column? I think that number is probably what ebay uses to classify and search, and if I have a 'weird' number my listing won't be seen by someone who is a true 32 or 30 or 31, but could make 31.5 work too (by letting out inseam, cuffing, etc.).

 

Of course, in the description I note down the exact measurement, along with all other measurements but I'm not sure what exactly to put in the 'Item Specifics' area.

I round up for the title and specifics.

post #6909 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

I round up for the title and specifics.

Thanks!

post #6910 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

^^ Just got a message now on ebay from him...not sure what he is trying to say really.

 

Dear weso0119 (Click to show)
Dear weso0119,

Hello,

I have canceled of complaint to you on PAYPAL just now because it is not good for you on running business.

I run shoes shop in Japan,too.
The shoes width B is not on demand in Japan.
Maybe my customer will not buy it.
But I found it fit me very much and I decide to buy it for myself.

I think you are not kindness and I cannot respect your business mind,
but I will buy from you again if you have good shoes.
This shoes condition is so good.
I satisfied with the shoes.
I think maybe you don't tell a lie about the condition.
If you have ALDEN shoes size 6-8.5 width D or E,I can bid high price for them.

Sincerely.

Takashi

 

 

That's awesome!  I used to deal with a bunch of Japanese guys who were into obscure vinyl, and they were so polite that even after they came out and said they were utterly disgusted that I was ripping them off for making them pay $500 for a record, they would go on to say what great condition it was in and to please let them know what else I had.  

 

I'll remember to ping you if I come across some Alden's in 6-8.5!  :D  (hmmm - there's that pair at my honey hole in 6.5 D, new without box, but they want $300 + tax and a 5 hour drive for me...maybe worth my while to pick up and include JP as a shipping destination.)

post #6911 of 15723
Apologies if this has been asked-and-answered previously, but here goes.

Sold a BB shirt to a guy who now claims not as described due to frayed cuffs, which is utter BS--he asked for measurements then, before I could get back, made a bid. Any-hoo, there's not a lot of money at stake here--$14 (sale price plus shipping) to be precise. Given Eazy's nightmare, I'm inclined to refund the money, tell him to keep the shirt and add him to The Black List--I didn't take pictures of the cuffs, or collar for that matter (lesson learned). My biggest concern is getting negative feedback. As I understand this, he would have to pay to send the shirt back to me, but I'm betting it will have been ghurka-bagged and unsellable when/if I see it again. If he can't negative-feedback me, then I'd at least like to force him to pay to send the shirt back. If nothing else, I could use it to wax the car or wrap shoes for shipping.

I don't sell (or buy, for that matter) much on the 'Bay, so I'm really not sure what to do in this situation. Thanks.
post #6912 of 15723
Just refund him. I've been beenon both sides of honest mistakes. This might be a scam, but your reputation is worth far more than $14.
post #6913 of 15723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post

Just refund him. I've been beenon both sides of honest mistakes. This might be a scam, but your reputation is worth far more than $14.

Actually, I forgot to include the purchase price, so it's actually $17, but the point is valid. I understand honest mistakes, but this is a case of someone pulling a fast one. No way the cuffs are frayed--I know better than to not check the cuffs and collar in the store and again before listing. You're right that my reputation is worth more than $17. Amazing, really, that some folks are willing to exchange a clear conscience for so little money.

Would I be at any risk if I offered to refund his purchase price ($7) and go our separate ways?
post #6914 of 15723
Refund him. I think you can still report him.
post #6915 of 15723
Or report him first.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions