or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 46

post #676 of 15685

Wes, I thought you might like this...

 

Dear ME,

What is the bottom outside length, toe to back of heel, please?

 

- THE OTHER GUY
post #677 of 15685
Well I lost my tape measure, but in my best estimate it's between 10 and 13 inches. patch[1].gif
post #678 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by tben View Post

Wes, I thought you might like this...

 

Dear ME,

What is the bottom outside length, toe to back of heel, please?

 

- THE OTHER GUY

Had two of those this weekend as well. I always chuckle, but still gladly answer. If by chance his name is Paulo...he does usually end up buying something. Even though I give him a hard time about his choice of measurements.

post #679 of 15685

Just realized a drawback of allowing returns with free shipping. If they return you're out the original shipping, instead of being able to hold out the original shipping. Thoughts?

post #680 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Just realized a drawback of allowing returns with free shipping. If they return you're out the original shipping, instead of being able to hold out the original shipping. Thoughts?

 

Go onto any real company website that offers free shipping and returns. They either have a restocking fee or a restocking fee + will deduct the original actual shipping price from the refund. Just put that info in your shipping details an you should be set. totally different story if a buyer does not read your shipping details and then bitches to ebay or leaves neg feedback...

post #681 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Go onto any real company website that offers free shipping and returns. They either have a restocking fee or a restocking fee + will deduct the original actual shipping price from the refund. Just put that info in your shipping details an you should be set. totally different story if a buyer does not read your shipping details and then bitches to ebay or leaves neg feedback...

This is what I always wonder. Is anything you write in regards to terms for returns/shipping actually enforceable? At the end of the day, can't the buyer just whine to ebay until they get their way?
post #682 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Just realized a drawback of allowing returns with free shipping. If they return you're out the original shipping, instead of being able to hold out the original shipping. Thoughts?

I charge a 10% restocking fee...if the return is due to no fault of my own. Then once it is returned, do a transaction cancellation request...you will get most of your ebay fees back too. I have these terms in my FAQs, also in a Terms and Conditions section (linked) to each of my listings. I also reiterate the terms in the emails proir to a return. My current case is the only problem/dissagreement I have had over the terms to date. 

post #683 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I charge a 10% restocking fee...if the return is due to no fault of my own. Then once it is returned, do a transaction cancellation request...you will get most of your ebay fees back too. I have these terms in my FAQs, also in a Terms and Conditions section (linked) to each of my listings. I also reiterate the terms in the emails proir to a return. My current case is the only problem/dissagreement I have had over the terms to date. 

 

Yeah, but 10% might not be enough to cover shipping. I guess you just have to eat the loss as a cost of doing business. 

post #684 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Yeah, but 10% might not be enough to cover shipping. I guess you just have to eat the loss as a cost of doing business. 

You can set it higher. Not sure if there is a cap though.
post #685 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


You can set it higher. Not sure if there is a cap though.

Yeah I don't know about a cap either. You just want to make sure it is a reasonable percentage or you will more than likely get dinged with neg FB or a case.

 

More importantly, with honest/accurate listings, good photos, and quality merch, you shouldn't have a very high return rate. Mine is around 1%. If you have to eat half of the shipping cost every now and then, it's ok. 

post #686 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Just got my first ever ebay case opened against me today. Buyer had sent message with this as the entire text "What if the pants don't fit?".
I responded "Resell them".
Buyer opens case stating that the pants are not the size represented in the auction and that I refused to take them back.
Dumb shit.
1. He didn't ask me to take them back.
2. He didn't tell me that the pants are not the size advertised. I seriously doubt that these made in the US BB Saxxon pants are not W32 as advertised.


Here is the resolution from ebay:

Details:
Decision:
We've asked the buyer to return the item to you for full refund.

Comments:
The buyer has been asked to return the item to you. Once tracking shows the item has been delivered to you, the buyer will be issued a full refund.




To clarify, the pants are exactly the size listed in the auction. My guess is that the buyer has no idea that Madison pants are cut fuller in the seat, thigh and leg and doesn't like the fit. Or perhaps he has no idea what his size is.

Anyway, you may think that you have a "no returns" policy on ebay. You don't.
post #687 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Anyway, you may think that you have a "no returns" policy on ebay. You don't.

 

I agree with this.

 

I might as well just apply the 14 day return policy, to go for top-rated seller status, and hope for the best.

post #688 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

I agree with this.

I might as well just apply the 14 day return policy, to go for top-rated seller status, and hope for the best.

Not needed for TRS status. Only needed for FV fee discount.
post #689 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


Not needed for TRS status. Only needed for FV fee discount.

 

word

post #690 of 15685
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post


Not needed for TRS status. Only needed for FV fee discount.

Yes...but you have to be a TRS in order to get the discount. No FVF discount without TRS.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions