or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 402

post #6016 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
 

Purchased an item. Measurements were way off. Contacted seller and he offered refund/return no problem. Do I leave no, neutral, negative, or positive feedback? I would have a hard time giving positive feedback due to the initial error, negative feedback seems too strong, and neutral feedback also seems like a ding. I'm thinking of going with no feedback. Thoughts? 

You can leave positive Feedback and not give them 4 stars for item description accuracy.

post #6017 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
 

Purchased an item. Measurements were way off. Contacted seller and he offered refund/return no problem. Do I leave no, neutral, negative, or positive feedback? I would have a hard time giving positive feedback due to the initial error, negative feedback seems too strong, and neutral feedback also seems like a ding. I'm thinking of going with no feedback. Thoughts? 


If the seller corrected his/her mistake, I always opt for no feedback. Everyone makes mistakes now and again. No point messing with his eBay rating (or even a neutral feedback) if everything ended up getting sorted out, even if it is frustrating.

post #6018 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
 

Purchased an item. Measurements were way off. Contacted seller and he offered refund/return no problem. Do I leave no, neutral, negative, or positive feedback? I would have a hard time giving positive feedback due to the initial error, negative feedback seems too strong, and neutral feedback also seems like a ding. I'm thinking of going with no feedback. Thoughts? 

If the seller owns up to the mistake and corrects the problem, that is a good seller. Good sellers deserve good feedback. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how they are handled that really matters. If it were me, I would leave Positive feedback, stating something like...Trusted seller corrected a mistake without issue. WDBA (would do business again). Might give a lesser star rating for description or no rating at all.

post #6019 of 18256
Agree with Wes if they offers refund with out issue that's good seller
post #6020 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post

Agree with Wes if they offers refund with out issue that's good seller

+1 Probably the consensus in a thread filled with ebay sellers.

post #6021 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

+1 Probably the consensus in a thread filled with ebay sellers.

True....but most of us are also eBay buyers. I personally was a buyer long before I was a seller. 400+ items purchased in the last 3 years.

post #6022 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

+1 Probably the consensus in a thread filled with ebay sellers.

 

FWIW I both buy and sell on eBay. Clearly as a seller I would prefer positive in all cases, however, if I screwed up and inconvenienced someone I wouldn't expect positive feedback. 

post #6023 of 18256

How do I change an invoice in eBay after it's already sent? The buyer has a different confirmed address they'd like the item shipped to, so I need to change the shipping method and item total with shipping so that they can complete their transaction. Am I missing something obvious?

****Think I figured this out, but I had to wait till the guy requested a new invoice. Is there a way to modify an invoice without having the buyer request a new one?


Edited by Koala-T - 10/17/13 at 12:22pm
post #6024 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Abed View Post
 

Does anyone have a link to the "Call me" option? I can't seem to locate it. Sounds like it's what I need.

I only got it when I called them and started the waiting, then you are given an option to hit a number and an ebay rep will call you back. I don't know of any place on the site to request it though.


Edited by marc roberto - 10/17/13 at 3:38pm
post #6025 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
 

Purchased an item. Measurements were way off. Contacted seller and he offered refund/return no problem. Do I leave no, neutral, negative, or positive feedback? I would have a hard time giving positive feedback due to the initial error, negative feedback seems too strong, and neutral feedback also seems like a ding. I'm thinking of going with no feedback. Thoughts? 

 

 What others said... It happens. I've personally measured 16 items so far today and close to 100 in the past week.

 

 Give the guy positive feedback and mention that a problem was resolved. Leave 1 or no stars for item description.

post #6026 of 18256

Leaving 1 or 2 stars is MUCH worse for a seller then leaving neutral or no feedback. If you are a top rated seller the stars make a huge impact on your seller status, FYI.

 

I would either leave positive feedback with a "thanks for resolving my problem" or leave no feedback at all.

post #6027 of 18256

Do you guys dry-clean before listing? I assume not, but are there exceptions? 

post #6028 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirum View Post

Do you guys dry-clean before listing? I assume not, but are there exceptions? 

If you have something super high end that is dirty, perhaps... I never have, but I have washed some shirts.
post #6029 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fueco View Post


If you have something super high end that is dirty, perhaps... I never have, but I have washed some shirts.

 

I ask because I have a great BBGF suit that has a spot. I would prefer not to have to detail that in a listing, and I'm really not sure I'd be able to pick it up even in great lighting. If I don't mention it, my conscience is going to bother me and I'm paranoid the buyer may make it a thing. Picked up another BB suit today that has a slight dark spot. Again, difficult to see because the suit is navy design. What do you guys do about stuff like this? I would assume in a thread full of thrifters this comes up all the time.

 

More questions: Found an awesome Zegna orphan and but it's db and peak lapels. Beautiful charcoal wool and cashmere, but with the design idk how someone could pull it off. Does that have value? Can't find examples in ebay completed.

 

I've been passing two Zegna Soft and Canali Proposta for weeks because they they look like orphans and Proposta/Soft are diffusion lines. They're all $5, are they worth flipping?

 

Also, Fueco I've been watching your completed (mad props) and kicking myself because for the first time I passed on going to my REI garage sale. You're killing it and I've seen plenty of similar stuff in the past garage sales.

post #6030 of 18256
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

How do I change an invoice in eBay after it's already sent? The buyer has a different confirmed address they'd like the item shipped to, so I need to change the shipping method and item total with shipping so that they can complete their transaction. Am I missing something obvious?
****Think I figured this out, but I had to wait till the guy requested a new invoice. Is there a way to modify an invoice without having the buyer request a new one?

click auction > Contact buyer > send invoice


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions