or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 399

post #5971 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilay05 View Post
 

any good recommendations on a good/cheap postal scale?


I just got this one on Friday and used it last night for the first time. It's nicer than the one I'd been using at work.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W7IOV4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #5972 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill79 View Post

You can use those things that have been mentioned, but also use Sport Coat, and put a shirt on your bust mannequin. smile.gif

Yeah, I got burned doing that in the past (years ago) - even with a *not included* disclaimer, I caught flak and even some bad feedback because people could not understand they were not getting the shirt and tie too. I got them all resolved by various means, so my 100% feedback is still intact, but let's put it this way: I still have to fight the urge to put a snarky "mannequin not included" disclaimer in my auctions...

That said, I probably should get over it and do it, perhaps with a HUGE SCREAMING RED WARNING at the top of every listing? lol8[1].gif
post #5973 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 


I just got this one on Friday and used it last night for the first time. It's nicer than the one I'd been using at work.

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004W7IOV4/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just got this one on Thursday. http://www.amazon.com/Accuteck-A-ST85LB-Shipping-Display-Batteries/dp/B005BTWMPQ/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_2

 

Dead on with USPS

post #5974 of 14726

I sold an item last Mon. and printed a shipping label that same day (USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded).  Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the item until this weekend (in the process of moving).  Today I went to buy a new label and cancel the original, but I hadn't realized that there is a 5-day time limit for canceling a label. 

 

How closely does USPS enforce the shipment date?  Will it be returned to me if I use the old label? Does it matter that it's flat-rate? The buyer was understanding of the delay but I'd hate to make him wait any longer if the item gets denied by USPS.  

 

Any insight?  Thanks.  

post #5975 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
 

I sold an item last Mon. and printed a shipping label that same day (USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded).  Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the item until this weekend (in the process of moving).  Today I went to buy a new label and cancel the original, but I hadn't realized that there is a 5-day time limit for canceling a label. 

 

How closely does USPS enforce the shipment date?  Will it be returned to me if I use the old label? Does it matter that it's flat-rate? The buyer was understanding of the delay but I'd hate to make him wait any longer if the item gets denied by USPS.  

 

Any insight?  Thanks.  

 

I had an item that was sent back to me because it was short on postage...i used the same label about a week later and it was fine...YMMV though.

post #5976 of 14726
Hmm, so here's a weird situation.

Look at this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321228130768

Thing is, I got a Paypal email, and my Paypal account reflects, that someone bought this item - someone in the UK. It says Seller Protection - Eligible, and the shipping address is confirmed, and in the details page it says they used Express Checkout.

I got the $259.99 buy it now price plus the appropriate amount of shipping I would charge to the UK (about 40 bucks).

The weird thing is - the item # of that ebay auction is in the email and in the item details on Paypal - it's pretty clearly that auction - but eBay still has the auction running, I never got a "sold" email" and it does not show up as sold or paid in Ebay, and I have not been charged a final value fee on the sale.

And yet, the money is in Paypal, the email and details look as normal, it says seller protection is eligible and that I should go ahead and ship.

The buyer is in the UK. His ebay id was in the details and it looks like he has been a member in the UK since 2005 and his feedback history indicates a continuous period of buying stuff, this is not just a few days or anything.

I'd have no problem with this transaction except that eBay apparently hasn't caught up, which scares me a bit...

possibly unrelated note: I used to have Global Shipping Program on, but I opted out last week, my current listings do ship to the UK but appear to require normal shipping appropriately (I did this since it now has tracking to the UK on first class).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
post #5977 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
 

I sold an item last Mon. and printed a shipping label that same day (USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded).  Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the item until this weekend (in the process of moving).  Today I went to buy a new label and cancel the original, but I hadn't realized that there is a 5-day time limit for canceling a label. 

 

How closely does USPS enforce the shipment date?  Will it be returned to me if I use the old label? Does it matter that it's flat-rate? The buyer was understanding of the delay but I'd hate to make him wait any longer if the item gets denied by USPS.  

 

Any insight?  Thanks.  


Customer service told me last week that you have 30 days from time of purchase to cancel a shipping label purchased online, assuming the label was never used obviously.

post #5978 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsbebc View Post
 


Customer service told me last week that you have 30 days from time of purchase to cancel a shipping label purchased online, assuming the label was never used obviously.

They told you wrong.....it's 5 days (more precisely, less than 120 hours).

 

post #5979 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

AWESOME 60s Gray Twill Wool Vintage Jacket Action Belted Back Bellows Pockets

 

That sounds about perfect but I would 110% put a size on the end....

post #5980 of 14726
I just had my best Ebay sales day yet... Who knew Columbus Day was a major shopping day?
post #5981 of 14726

"A" for effort...?

 

Totally shell shoes!

post #5982 of 14726
Nevermind.
post #5983 of 14726
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by TheWGP View Post

Hmm, so here's a weird situation.

Look at this listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321228130768

Thing is, I got a Paypal email, and my Paypal account reflects, that someone bought this item - someone in the UK. It says Seller Protection - Eligible, and the shipping address is confirmed, and in the details page it says they used Express Checkout.

I got the $259.99 buy it now price plus the appropriate amount of shipping I would charge to the UK (about 40 bucks).

The weird thing is - the item # of that ebay auction is in the email and in the item details on Paypal - it's pretty clearly that auction - but eBay still has the auction running, I never got a "sold" email" and it does not show up as sold or paid in Ebay, and I have not been charged a final value fee on the sale.

And yet, the money is in Paypal, the email and details look as normal, it says seller protection is eligible and that I should go ahead and ship.

The buyer is in the UK. His ebay id was in the details and it looks like he has been a member in the UK since 2005 and his feedback history indicates a continuous period of buying stuff, this is not just a few days or anything.

I'd have no problem with this transaction except that eBay apparently hasn't caught up, which scares me a bit...

possibly unrelated note: I used to have Global Shipping Program on, but I opted out last week, my current listings do ship to the UK but appear to require normal shipping appropriately (I did this since it now has tracking to the UK on first class).

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

 

 

I had this happen a few weeks ago on $60 pair of jeans but the buyer was here in the US. I called ebay and they said it was a problem on their end, that they had it noted and if I wanted to go ahead and ship I could but that I wasn't required to. They also said that it wouldn't show up in the buyer's purchased items on ebay. I contacted the buyer and went ahead and shipped. About a week later, I get an email from ebayer basically saying that their system f'd up, I could keep the payment from the buyer and that they would also reimburse the buyer! I didn't have to pay final value fee and he got a free pair of jeans. 

post #5984 of 14726

Spoo/Wes (any other larger sellers), you guys ship to Italy or not?? Got a potential buyer for some Alden shoes.....:puzzled: If so how, USPS Priority w/ ShipCover Insurance?

post #5985 of 14726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

Spoo/Wes (any other larger sellers), you guys ship to Italy or not?? Got a potential buyer for some Alden shoes.....:puzzled: If so how, USPS Priority w/ ShipCover Insurance?

I don't/won't. Just your run-of-the-mill law abiding citizen here.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions