Any tips on shipping to Japan? I've got a pair of shoes I am willing to ship over there, but Canada Post is giving me a quote of $90. Are there any cheaper options available?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 5:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Today at 2:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 8/26/16 at 3:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 382post #5717 of 2931510/1/13 at 8:18pmpost #5718 of 2931510/1/13 at 9:41pmpost #5719 of 2931510/1/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
I agree completely. Just measure the things, it takes about as long as it took me to write this sentence.
And it takes this much longer to add the measurements to the listing.post #5720 of 2931510/1/13 at 10:17pmSo, what's the deal with the French Post! I shipped 2 items out to two different customers, left the US on the 13th and neither have received them...I figured 1st Class International would be fine...lesson learned there.
So how long before Ebay and Paypal will let the customer file an item not received? And how long can I hold them off to see if it ever shows up?post #5721 of 2931510/2/13 at 12:14amThread StarterRe: Shoe measurements
I include insole length and width on every pair. If I'm buying a new pair of shoes that I'm unfamiliar with, I'll request the same. Maybe it's silly, but it at least gives me an idea how long they will be. I don't include the outsole length, but I will give that measurements when I'm requested (once a month or so). I will give other measurements upon request as well, simply because I'm in the game of selling things online. It either instills confidence in the purchase or prevents someone buying something and later wanting to make a return. If I give an accurate measurement and it still doesn't work for them, the buyer (should, at least) feel responsible for the purchase.
I took a return on a pair of shoes that I had listed the UK size and ebay makes me add an EU size in order to list. My EU size may have been off a bit, depending on the chart used, so I took the return and paid return shipping. Ebay customer service even said that I had the insole measurements listed and was clear that it was a UK size and that since my listing was so detailed, I didn't have to take the return or pay return shipping. I said that I wanted to make this person happy and avoid negative feedback. Her response? "Well, in sales, there will always be someone that you can't please and will leave negative feedback. Make sure you know where to draw your own line." I thought that was reasonable.Quote:Originally Posted by Stewie
So, what's the deal with the French Post! I shipped 2 items out to two different customers, left the US on the 13th and neither have received them...I figured 1st Class International would be fine...lesson learned there.
So how long before Ebay and Paypal will let the customer file an item not received? And how long can I hold them off to see if it ever shows up?
I've had a number of problems shipping to France. I used Hermes Paket Service and they would hand it off to a local carrier. I have had problems with 100% of my packages to France since June. One guy, a repeat customer, said that he has had problems with carriers not leaving notice, but called the local offices and picked his up. He warned me about that and said I should tell future customers that they need to monitor it, rather than wait. I've had 2-3 packages returned at my expense, the return sticker saying the address was incorrect. It was completely correct.
Keep in mind, none of these have had to go through customs offices as it's within the EU. All of the returned packages have come back sliced open, retaped and beat to hell. Since it took weeks and weeks to have them returned, sometimes without any info from customers, I had no idea there was such a widespread problem for me. I have since decided to use my courier service only for packages destined for Germany and all other EU packages will be sent via Austrian Post. Not sure if that helps you much, but thought I'd offer my experiences.post #5722 of 2931510/2/13 at 4:52am
What's the buyer's feedback? I will make an exception and ship an item First Class International to a buyer if they have over a high feedback score. I wouldn't ship FCI on an item over $250, but might match FCI shipping price to make the sale.post #5723 of 2931510/2/13 at 11:34amFeedback: According to the eBay rep I spoke with today, if a buyer opens a case and eBay rules in favor of the seller, the buyer can still leave negative feedback. There has been no change to that policy - which surprised me because I was under the assumption that eBay had recently changed that.post #5724 of 2931510/2/13 at 11:40am
Curiosity- Shipping something to Canada later today (non-ebay sale). Can I use a regular flat rate box for that, or are there actual boxes with international flat rate printed on it? While I'm asking, I probably can't print out everything I need here and deliver it right? I'll need a customs form of sorts?post #5725 of 2931510/2/13 at 11:41am
has anyone ever had a item mis-delivered. I recently sent a priority flat rate envelope to St. Louis, but it ended up delivered somewhere in the town where I'm located in Texas. What should I do? I know my package is insured up to $50 but is there any way to find out where my package ended up being delivered to? I have tracking on it but it just tells me the city it was delivered in and the zip code.post #5726 of 2931510/2/13 at 11:47ampost #5727 of 2931510/2/13 at 11:59amQuote:
I just shipped a pair of Aldens around the same price, I added insurance for just over $3. Better for my piece of mind than his.post #5728 of 2931510/2/13 at 12:10pmThread StarterQuote:
With the services I normally choose, insurance is included up to €500. If it weren't included, I'd get it anyway. If the item is lost, it's out of my pocket, not the buyer's. I list everything as ships with insurance and I am often asked to drop the insurance to make the shipping cheaper. I quickly explain that 1) shipping is free, and 2) if it's not insured and doesn't arrive, will are they willing to lose the money?post #5729 of 2931510/2/13 at 12:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by suited
Feedback: According to the eBay rep I spoke with today, if a buyer opens a case and eBay rules in favor of the seller, the buyer can still leave negative feedback. There has been no change to that policy - which surprised me because I was under the assumption that eBay had recently changed that.
Huh. They must have changed it back. I opened a case a while back on a seller. That pair of shells that were so worn on the bottom you could see my socks (almost). The seller, amazingly won the dispute. I left neutral feedback. It was removed almost instantly. It was not inappropriate. I was told it was because he won the case.post #5730 of 2931510/2/13 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by capnwes
Huh. They must have changed it back. I opened a case a while back on a seller. That pair of shells that were so worn on the bottom you could see my socks (almost). The seller, amazingly won the dispute. I left neutral feedback. It was removed almost instantly. It was not inappropriate. I was told it was because he won the case.
That's what I thought, too. Maybe the rep had no idea what they were talking about.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 13 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 23 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 28 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 34 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 38 minutes ago
- › Am I missing something about men's dress shoes? 41 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 42 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 55 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding