Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect for... Last post on Yesterday at 6:03 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 377post #5641 of 311769/28/13 at 5:39ampost #5642 of 311769/28/13 at 5:44amQuote:Originally Posted by jreigen
Just want to vent over the clown that just ruined 2K+ perfect feedback:
No contact prior to him leaving feedback. Seriously, I'm going to sell you a fake polo for $30 and ruin my feedback when I have shoes to sell for near $1K. GTFO.
People see some slight anomaly and decide that it must be counterfeit because it is not exactly like the one in their closet (bought 10 years ago). They don't realize that Brooks Brothers often makes small changes. Recently I had an ebay buyer question the authenticity of a Golden Fleece shirt because of the neck label. The label in the shirt is the new one which is in the current BB catalog. He is probably accustomed to seeing the old labels in his closet.
We all know what an authentic Brooks Brothers made in USA ESF OCBD label looks like, right? It looks like this:post #5643 of 311769/28/13 at 5:45amQuote:
I see it just under the photos, right above the Picture Pack option. Should a check box. Are you trying to create a listing from scratch or using the "sell similar"(which is what I'm doing)?post #5644 of 311769/28/13 at 6:04amQuote:Would be easier to find your cc charge from the rack and have them print a replacement receipt. You'd have a paper trail to show provenance.. As soon as it is shown to have come from nordstrom, you win..Originally Posted by Brianpore
No, actually I sent him a nice note (after speaking with an ebay rep) close to 45 days after he bought the tie mind you, "if he had ever worn it and if it was in the exact original condition with the tag and in the protective sleeve as it arrived?" I never head back
That said, the information I provided for what you would need to do is the info that was provided to me from ebay.... the personal time for Brooks Brothers would be a lot easier. Take a letter you wrote with a picture into any retail store, have them verify it is real and ask the employee to sign off on it. Would they do it.... maybe, depends if you have a hot girlfriend or not I guess.
Best thing is always just to call ebay though and speak with someone to see at least what your options are....post #5645 of 311769/28/13 at 11:30am
Got to love this one.... jacket had short arms as pictures and measurements clearly indicated in the listings.Unhappy ebay buyer quote:I believe that you had an obligation to disclose this (short arms). In other words, while you adhered to the letter of your obligations to accurately describe the jacket, you did not meet the intent to provide a full description.
I think they wanted me to put in big bold letters that it had short arms. Who knew providing pictures and measurements was not good enough anymorepost #5646 of 311769/28/13 at 11:59amQuote:
One of my two negative feedbacks in my many thousands of ebay sales was for a jacket which I provided accurate measurements and photos: Negative feedback rating The sleeves were VERY short and jacket can't be worn as is.post #5647 of 311769/28/13 at 1:47pmQuote:
My only neg was for the same reason, measurements were provided, buyer left the neg without asking if they could return...post #5648 of 311769/28/13 at 2:50pm
When you guys accept a return for XYZ reason, do you always refund original shipping cost? I know that buyer pays return, but I've never refunded original shipping.
So I had a guy purchase a measly 40$ SC, return it for probably 8$ shipping out of his pocket, on top of the 9$ for original shipping. Cost him 17$ just to try it out, AFTER I informed him to double check measurements prior to purchasing from a message he sent me. I dont understand people and why they go through the hassle JUST TO WASTE MONEY!
w/e, not my problem, got me fees back, and no money outa my pocket. Actually made money from the original shipping (.80$)post #5649 of 311769/28/13 at 2:55pmpost #5650 of 311769/28/13 at 4:13pm
Before I post my question, I want to thank everyone who contributes to this thread. I've read almost every single page, and it has helped me out a ton, saving me tons of time performing my own research and helping me avoid making mistakes with selling.
I mostly post on the thrift thread (and have asked this question over there and got some advice from 1ofthecoolkids--certainly a cool guy--and txwoodworker), but I wanted to ask some more specific questions about these pair of Balint shoes that I picked up. Balint is a bespoke shoe maker from Vienna.
The problem: I don't know the size. Does anyone know what the writing on the inside means? Do bespoke shoes even use a size? The shoes have a different number--one 6.5 and one 7.5--but I get the same inside measurements for both shoes.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
If there is no size, what size would you use based on these measurements? The inside measurements are 11.5" long and 3.5" at the widest part. 9-9.5C (US) is what I am guessing they are approximately, but they were found with a pair of shoes that were 9.5E (US) shoes that I am guessing were from the same donor.
If I just have to estimate a size based on measurements, how would you guys recommend labeling it on ebay? There's obviously a concern if you can get a negative feedback for accurately measuring the size of a sport coat....post #5651 of 311769/29/13 at 8:33am
Sounds like you big-time sellers use USPS for most of your international shipments (?). According to their website, delivery confirmation is only available to 14 countries, so how are you shipping to countries not on that list while still covering your butt against claims and shenanigans? Specifically I'm wondering about shipping a tie to South Korea. It looks like the list of delivery confirmation countries is the same for priority and first class, so is there any difference in seller protection or another reason besides transit time why somebody would choose to pay $23.95 for priority versus $9.xx for first class?post #5652 of 311769/29/13 at 10:06ampost #5653 of 311769/29/13 at 10:59ampost #5654 of 311769/29/13 at 11:03amQuote:
So for a tie to a non-delcon country there's not a better combo of economy and CYA factor than a padded flat rate envelope sent priority express for $45-ish? I think I may need to revise my shipping options going forward.post #5655 of 311769/29/13 at 11:05amQuote:
Read a few pages back through this thread (or use the search) if you want specifics. It's been covered a few times, but in general it sucks.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 21 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 30 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 36 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...