or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 345

post #5161 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by idfnl View Post


So is anyone actually using this program? I read the link, but it doesn't mention cost. Who pays to get it to the shipping center?

 

I dont like dealing with international shipping and have used this program successfully multiple times.  its the same fee structure as if it were a domestic sale.  i know many of you disagree, and i have made my peace with it.  i don't want the additional funds coming into my account for my own reasons to cover international shipping.  i also prefer to send stuff express EMS which is very expensive to buyers anyways.  if i lose a few sales due to using it, the ease of just sending to a po box in Kentucky is worth it for me.

post #5162 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

 

I dont like dealing with international shipping and have used this program successfully multiple times.  its the same fee structure as if it were a domestic sale.  i know many of you disagree, and i have made my peace with it.  i don't want the additional funds coming into my account for my own reasons to cover international shipping.  i also prefer to send stuff express EMS which is very expensive to buyers anyways.  if i lose a few sales due to using it, the ease of just sending to a po box in Kentucky is worth it for me.

 

Not arguing with that logic, but just curious what your percentage is - international to total sales? 

post #5163 of 18114

Has anyone had any issues with their "outright" account as of late? Mine has not updated my PayPal sales or purchases for awhile, and there are not really many options in the Ouright software to fix this issue.  Refresh, suspend, and delete are all we really get.  Trying to get a hold of outright customer service has been a pain as well.  Emails have been sent, live chat options have not worked in getting a response either.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or something similar.

post #5164 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post
 

Has anyone had any issues with their "outright" account as of late? Mine has not updated my PayPal sales or purchases for awhile, and there are not really many options in the Ouright software to fix this issue.  Refresh, suspend, and delete are all we really get.  Trying to get a hold of outright customer service has been a pain as well.  Emails have been sent, live chat options have not worked in getting a response either.

 

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or something similar.

 

Yes, there is an announcement somewhere that is was a problem on the Paypal end. Mine seems to have cleared up today....after 3 weeks.

post #5165 of 18114

Scratch that.....It's is still half broken. I will be asking for a partial refund/credit. Shouldn't have to pay for a broken app.

post #5166 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Seller ships to the shipping center. US based so the shipping is normal. Ebay ships overseas....apparently ripping off the buyer.


Ya. This sounds like a new Ebay profit center. And bullshit for sellers. No thanks, I'll pass.
post #5167 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

 

Yes, there is an announcement somewhere that is was a problem on the Paypal end. Mine seems to have cleared up today....after 3 weeks.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

Scratch that.....It's is still half broken. I will be asking for a partial refund/credit. Shouldn't have to pay for a broken app.

Grr I shouuld have checked in with the thread here earlier...mine has been a few weeks as well.  I somehow missed this announcement and procrastinated about looking into it more deeply until now.  I accidentally deleted my PayPal account from Outright, which of course deleted all my entries of income from the entire 2013 year...I'm very very upset at myself and this issue in general.  I really hope Outright will be able to backtrack my data from Aug 2013 and input it for me...of course I know chances are slim, since they don't store any data permanently on their systems (I think...).

 

I wont know what to do come tax season...I have all my receipts for expenses, but the income from eBay sales are generally inputted from PayPal...so I guess manual entry will be required...gah!:brick:

post #5168 of 18114

I forget, do you have a store subscription?   I checked and you have a store subscription. Hover over your account tab, select "Sales Reports" near the bottom of the drop down menu. A new screen will open. You should able to select archived reports back to the beginning of the year. You will only really need to look every three months, since they show 3 months of activity on each report.

 

When I do my taxes I download and print all of these for my records. They only stay on eBay for like 2 years.

post #5169 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

 

Not arguing with that logic, but just curious what your percentage is - international to total sales? 

 

I get one international (either GSP or someone who elects to utilize my exorbitant flat rate fee) every ~18 sales

post #5170 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

 

I get one international (either GSP or someone who elects to utilize my exorbitant flat rate fee) every ~18 sales

 

Not too bad. Can you figure the percentage based on the actual sale values from your seller dashboard? Just curious really. Just a hair over 18% of my total sales is international sales and 1 out of every 6.5 sales goes out of the US.


Edited by capnwes - 9/9/13 at 11:26am
post #5171 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

I forget, do you have a store subscription?   I checked and you have a store subscription. Hover over your account tab, select "Sales Reports" near the bottom of the drop down menu. A new screen will open. You should able to select archived reports back to the beginning of the year. You will only really need to look every three months, since they show 3 months of activity on each report.

 

When I do my taxes I download and print all of these for my records. They only stay on eBay for like 2 years.

The reports given, are an overview of sales and fees.  No breakdown per item / auction sold.  Which I'm assuming you don't really need.  I suppose I was accustomed to Outright's detailed breakdown.  Bad News: My subscriptions / reports only go as far back May 2013 when I officially opened an eBay store.

 

I received an email back from Outright informing me they are escalating my issue to their engineering team to look further into it (basic BS to hold me over basically).

They requested I do not delete my current non functioning PayPal account so they can look into the issue at hand.  Can't wait to get this finished to see if they can retrieve any lost data.

post #5172 of 18114

Question for you folks. 

 

Reading ebay promo email today, I decided to go the seller's productivity app page and take a look at what kind of apps are available. 

 

Do any of you actually use any of these apps? If so, which ones?

 

I'm setting my own stuff up in GarageSale right now and not sure the value of additional apps.

post #5173 of 18114

How do you like GarageSale? I've been wanting to get into it and try it out.  Pretty easy user interface and functionality.

 

But to answer your question, I do use the "Outright" app, up until the issues you have read above, it has worked out great so far.

post #5174 of 18114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

How do you like GarageSale? I've been wanting to get into it and try it out.  Pretty easy user interface and functionality.

Couldnt live without it?

Really never a problem only once or twice it failed on me but I was launching from international waters.
post #5175 of 18114

Just to be clear, it is a 1 time fee, correct?  You purchase the app / program and its yours until you want to pay additional for an upgraded version?

I've been tinkering around on the webpage a bit at work trying to decide if its worth the purchase.

 

Another thing to take into account, I really only do BIN/OBO listings.  So it looks like they mention an additional monthly purchase of 3.99 to be able to run photos for auctions that use "Good Till Canceled"  This fee apparently takes care of hosting your images for long periods of time.  Does anyone use GarageSale with BIN/OBO and pay this fee?  Is it a 4$ monthly fee for each item or total for all listed auctions?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions