or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 339

post #5071 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

 

Also, am I the only one who packs everything while listing?  I can't imagine keeping inventory hanging or even folded on shelves.

These are the boxes, medium flat and regional A. Scotched taped closed for neatness, I pop the tape, reverse the flaps, pull the adhesive backer and put a piece of priority tape on it, slap on a label and throw them in the basket I take to the post office on my way to work in the morning.

rows and rows of pants, pull the tape, close them up, slap on a label that covers the seam (usually no extra tape unless there are some seriously big pants in there, or it's going international)

Not pictured... shoes, shoes, shoes...shirts.

 

The things that were paid for before 8am get labelled and shipped every day.  Takes about 1min per package.  

 

I can't seem to use Pay Pal's multiple label print thing, there's no Regional Rate box or Legal flat rate envelope choice.  Anyone use a tool to buy postage and print multiple labels at once? I would love it if my auction description showed up on the mailing label too.

That is the workroom of a very disturbed mind... If you were anymore organized I would vomit. My area looks like it should be on an episode of Hoarders. :lol:

post #5072 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post



Also, am I the only one who packs everything while listing?  I can't imagine keeping inventory hanging or even folded on shelves.


I tried that for a short while and it didn't work out. Only about half of the packaging turned out to be correct. International orders, multiple item orders, East Coast vs West Coast needing different Priority Mail boxes, etc.
post #5073 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Also, am I the only one who packs everything while listing?  I can't imagine keeping inventory hanging or even folded on shelves.

These are the boxes, medium flat and regional A. Scotched taped closed for neatness, I pop the tape, reverse the flaps, pull the adhesive backer and put a piece of priority tape on it, slap on a label and throw them in the basket I take to the post office on my way to work in the morning.

rows and rows of pants, pull the tape, close them up, slap on a label that covers the seam (usually no extra tape unless there are some seriously big pants in there, or it's going international)

Not pictured... shoes, shoes, shoes...shirts.

 

 

How many listings are we talking? I have about 425 listings at time and it seems it would take me a long time to find the right package that way. 

 

How I do it....

When an item gets a bid, I pull it to a separate "sale pending" rack. Once it's paid it's packed and shipped. I have a lot of buyers that buy 3 and 4 items at a time, so I would have to unbox and rebox those items.

 

Have been considering (for the somewhat distant future) buying and moving my set up into an old drycleaning place and using the automated hanging rack for inventory browsing. 

post #5074 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post


Have been considering (for the somewhat distant future) buying and moving my set up into an old drycleaning place and using the automated hanging rack for inventory browsing. 

worship.gif
post #5075 of 17467

Just a pipe dream really at this point....but it would be pretty sweet. Actually I'd rather have one of those machines at my house, but I can't imagine what dismantling and assembly would be like. They have to be crazy expensive too. I do actually have enough room for one.

post #5076 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

How many listings are we talking? I have about 425 listings at time and it seems it would take me a long time to find the right package that way. 

 

How I do it....

When an item gets a bid, I pull it to a separate "sale pending" rack. Once it's paid it's packed and shipped. I have a lot of buyers that buy 3 and 4 items at a time, so I would have to unbox and rebox those items.

 

Have been considering (for the somewhat distant future) buying and moving my set up into an old drycleaning place and using the automated hanging rack for inventory browsing. 

That is straight Gangster if you move into an old dry cleaning business...do it

post #5077 of 17467

There is one down the road, maybe a mile, that has been closed for a few years. It was practically new when it went out of business.

post #5078 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post
 

There is one down the road, maybe a mile, that has been closed for a few years. It was practically new when it went out of business.

 

Tweed pop-up shop FTW.

 

:slayer:

post #5079 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Can anyone who has shifted from a no return policy to a 14-day return policy (or whatever) offer some insight into how it affected your sales?

So far so good... It's been a week or so. Sales are still slowish, but when I switched there was a marked increase. No returns as of yet (knocks on wood).
post #5080 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post

That is the workroom of a very disturbed mind... If you were anymore organized I would vomit. My area looks like it should be on an episode of Hoarders. lol8%5B1%5D.gif

+1 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #5081 of 17467

On the subject of returns (although technically not one since I had yet to ship), here's what I got from a buyer yesterday. I guess he's also prohibited from watching The Masters.

 

Good afternoon,

If it is possible, I would like to cancel this transaction before the item ships. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. I was not aware that my wife's stepfather passed away while wearing a green colored suit. Unfortunately, I did not realize that this was the situation until I showed my wife the suit I purchased. If there is anything that can be done, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I sincerely apologize for this situation.

post #5082 of 17467
Superstitions...it's a hard business to please.
I'd just cancel it, and move on.
post #5083 of 17467

^^ I did. No point in fighting it. Hell, it seems like almost every time I get a return, it sells for more the second time around.

post #5084 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post

On the subject of returns (although technically not one since I had yet to ship), here's what I got from a buyer yesterday. I guess he's also prohibited from watching The Masters.

Good afternoon,

If it is possible, I would like to cancel this transaction before the item ships. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. I was not aware that my wife's stepfather passed away while wearing a green colored suit. Unfortunately, I did not realize that this was the situation until I showed my wife the suit I purchased. If there is anything that can be done, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I sincerely apologize for this situation.

Send him this message;

I will gladly take the return, but I have had a troubling thought. Have you considered that your wife's stepfather's death may have been caused not by the wearing of a green suit, but rather by his desire to own a green suit? Because depending upon your answer, you may be as good as dead already. And one more question: Was he wearing underwear when he passed away?
post #5085 of 17467
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMcRibb View Post
 

On the subject of returns (although technically not one since I had yet to ship), here's what I got from a buyer yesterday. I guess he's also prohibited from watching The Masters.

 

Good afternoon,

If it is possible, I would like to cancel this transaction before the item ships. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. I was not aware that my wife's stepfather passed away while wearing a green colored suit. Unfortunately, I did not realize that this was the situation until I showed my wife the suit I purchased. If there is anything that can be done, I would greatly appreciate it. Again, I sincerely apologize for this situation.

 

At least there wasn't much preparation needed for burial. Toss him in a box and dig.

 

Cancel the transaction......and then send it to him anyway,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions