Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 7:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 1/31/16 at 3:02am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 1/30/16 at 4:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) Last post on 2/7/16 at 1:54pm in Classic Menswear
I accidentally spilled a drop of fish oil onto a pair of boots....
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What are the causes of leather cracking? Opinion and RebuttalLast edited: 1/28/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015Last edited: 12/26/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 338post #5056 of 265809/5/13 at 5:37am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5057 of 265809/5/13 at 8:11ampost #5058 of 265809/5/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Carl Reiner's character (Saul Bloom) had a great line Oceans 12:
"I want the last check I write to bounce."
Then there's Charles Feeney, but I don't know if I should mention him here, because he's a self admitted shabby dresser.post #5059 of 265809/5/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
My boss had a friend who, in retirement, bought a house on a golf course with a large mortgage. His parents were dead, he was single and had no dependents. This was his plan.post #5060 of 265809/5/13 at 8:07pmpost #5061 of 265809/5/13 at 8:17pmpost #5062 of 265809/5/13 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by k4lnamja
So, someone is asking about the length of my jacket being a tad shirt for a tagged Regular (30") and I agree. Then again this is a su misura line.
Anyway, i measured the boc and then measured to see if there is any extra length for him to lengthen. I did this by measuring 3 parts (l, m, r) of the back vent. There seems to be about 2". Is this the right way to measure?
Also, should I measure to see if there is any extra length on the front? How do I do this because when I felt for any extra material I couldn't find anything
Hi k4lnamja, that would have been me. Thanks for looking into this for me. I've been on the hunt for a 42R E.Z. Milano for a little bit, because I liked the fit in the store. I think the stock length is something like a 32, and the tailor at the EZ store said it didn't need to be shortened (i'm 6'1"). That one may not be the suit for me, if it's a big deal or big $$$ to let it out the length (never really heard of this being done, although I'd like to imagine it's possible)post #5063 of 265809/5/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Is that on the navy Brioni? I think cutting it would make a run in the fabric. Better to accept an offer from me and let me spend time massaging the snags out.post #5064 of 265809/5/13 at 9:23pmQuote:
You buy one of these and have at it. Super useful for fixing snags where there's a loop of thread visible. I've fixed a few jacket snags now with one, it really is a miracle worker. It has a knurled/textured end that, as the needle slips through, grabs onto the loose thread and pulls it back down.post #5065 of 265809/5/13 at 9:26pm
You mean this?
Also, am I the only one who packs everything while listing? I can't imagine keeping inventory hanging or even folded on shelves.
These are the boxes, medium flat and regional A. Scotched taped closed for neatness, I pop the tape, reverse the flaps, pull the adhesive backer and put a piece of priority tape on it, slap on a label and throw them in the basket I take to the post office on my way to work in the morning.
rows and rows of pants, pull the tape, close them up, slap on a label that covers the seam (usually no extra tape unless there are some seriously big pants in there, or it's going international)
Not pictured... shoes, shoes, shoes...shirts.
The things that were paid for before 8am get labelled and shipped every day. Takes about 1min per package.
I can't seem to use Pay Pal's multiple label print thing, there's no Regional Rate box or Legal flat rate envelope choice. Anyone use a tool to buy postage and print multiple labels at once? I would love it if my auction description showed up on the mailing label too.post #5066 of 265809/6/13 at 6:55ampost #5067 of 265809/6/13 at 7:00ampost #5068 of 265809/6/13 at 7:01am
It's been a long time since I made the switch, so I don't have any numerical data, but I can tell you I saw a marked increase in sales. This is partly due to the fact that if you meet Top Rated Seller criteria, eBay gives you better listing search placement.....and a nice little discount each month on some of the fees.post #5069 of 265809/6/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
You buy one of these and have at it. Super useful for fixing snags where there's a loop of thread visible. I've fixed a few jacket snags now with one, it really is a miracle worker. It has a knurled/textured end that, as the needle slips through, grabs onto the loose thread and pulls it back down.
I have one of these. Works like a dream! Found it accidentally at Hobby Lobby about a month ago. It is hard to keep track of if you set it down somewhere, so I keep mine in a sleeve on the handle of my seam ripper.post #5070 of 265809/6/13 at 7:07amQuote:
I made no attempt to determine whether it increased sales. If sales increased then it was by a very small amount which was washed out by normal seasonal fluctuations. I have been happy to observe that returns have not increased by a great deal.
My reason for allowing returns was to avoid the negative or neutral feedback from the occasional dipshit who orders by labeled size and doesn't understand measurements. It has been successful in that regard. I charge a small ($10) restocking fee.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
Styleforum Top Picks
- What are the causes of leather cracking? Opinion and Rebuttal
- › Recommend a good paring knife 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 7 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 10 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 18 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 20 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?