Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 2/21/17 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Price Drop! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short,... Last post on 2/4/17 at 1:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 338post #5056 of 318989/5/13 at 5:37ampost #5057 of 318989/5/13 at 8:11ampost #5058 of 318989/5/13 at 8:49amQuote:
Carl Reiner's character (Saul Bloom) had a great line Oceans 12:
"I want the last check I write to bounce."
Then there's Charles Feeney, but I don't know if I should mention him here, because he's a self admitted shabby dresser.post #5059 of 318989/5/13 at 7:14pmQuote:
My boss had a friend who, in retirement, bought a house on a golf course with a large mortgage. His parents were dead, he was single and had no dependents. This was his plan.post #5060 of 318989/5/13 at 8:07pmpost #5061 of 318989/5/13 at 8:17pmpost #5062 of 318989/5/13 at 8:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by k4lnamja
So, someone is asking about the length of my jacket being a tad shirt for a tagged Regular (30") and I agree. Then again this is a su misura line.
Anyway, i measured the boc and then measured to see if there is any extra length for him to lengthen. I did this by measuring 3 parts (l, m, r) of the back vent. There seems to be about 2". Is this the right way to measure?
Also, should I measure to see if there is any extra length on the front? How do I do this because when I felt for any extra material I couldn't find anything
Hi k4lnamja, that would have been me. Thanks for looking into this for me. I've been on the hunt for a 42R E.Z. Milano for a little bit, because I liked the fit in the store. I think the stock length is something like a 32, and the tailor at the EZ store said it didn't need to be shortened (i'm 6'1"). That one may not be the suit for me, if it's a big deal or big $$$ to let it out the length (never really heard of this being done, although I'd like to imagine it's possible)post #5063 of 318989/5/13 at 8:23pmQuote:
Is that on the navy Brioni? I think cutting it would make a run in the fabric. Better to accept an offer from me and let me spend time massaging the snags out.post #5064 of 318989/5/13 at 9:23pmQuote:
You buy one of these and have at it. Super useful for fixing snags where there's a loop of thread visible. I've fixed a few jacket snags now with one, it really is a miracle worker. It has a knurled/textured end that, as the needle slips through, grabs onto the loose thread and pulls it back down.post #5065 of 318989/5/13 at 9:26pm
You mean this?
Also, am I the only one who packs everything while listing? I can't imagine keeping inventory hanging or even folded on shelves.
These are the boxes, medium flat and regional A. Scotched taped closed for neatness, I pop the tape, reverse the flaps, pull the adhesive backer and put a piece of priority tape on it, slap on a label and throw them in the basket I take to the post office on my way to work in the morning.
rows and rows of pants, pull the tape, close them up, slap on a label that covers the seam (usually no extra tape unless there are some seriously big pants in there, or it's going international)
Not pictured... shoes, shoes, shoes...shirts.
The things that were paid for before 8am get labelled and shipped every day. Takes about 1min per package.
I can't seem to use Pay Pal's multiple label print thing, there's no Regional Rate box or Legal flat rate envelope choice. Anyone use a tool to buy postage and print multiple labels at once? I would love it if my auction description showed up on the mailing label too.post #5066 of 318989/6/13 at 6:55ampost #5067 of 318989/6/13 at 7:00ampost #5068 of 318989/6/13 at 7:01am
It's been a long time since I made the switch, so I don't have any numerical data, but I can tell you I saw a marked increase in sales. This is partly due to the fact that if you meet Top Rated Seller criteria, eBay gives you better listing search placement.....and a nice little discount each month on some of the fees.post #5069 of 318989/6/13 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by Evil Abed
You buy one of these and have at it. Super useful for fixing snags where there's a loop of thread visible. I've fixed a few jacket snags now with one, it really is a miracle worker. It has a knurled/textured end that, as the needle slips through, grabs onto the loose thread and pulls it back down.
I have one of these. Works like a dream! Found it accidentally at Hobby Lobby about a month ago. It is hard to keep track of if you set it down somewhere, so I keep mine in a sleeve on the handle of my seam ripper.post #5070 of 318989/6/13 at 7:07amQuote:
I made no attempt to determine whether it increased sales. If sales increased then it was by a very small amount which was washed out by normal seasonal fluctuations. I have been happy to observe that returns have not increased by a great deal.
My reason for allowing returns was to avoid the negative or neutral feedback from the occasional dipshit who orders by labeled size and doesn't understand measurements. It has been successful in that regard. I charge a small ($10) restocking fee.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Recommendation as to which Oxford shoe to purchase: CH vs Florsheim 42 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › Miller's Oath Tweed Sport Coat - 40R 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford Knit Tie, Kent Wang, Drakes London Pocket Squares 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Armoury - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...