Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 9/3/16 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 332post #4966 of 296429/2/13 at 9:40ampost #4967 of 296429/2/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSIQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but I just got a request from a buyer (who has already paid) to ship to a different address than he specified at checkout. What's the correct procedure? Refund payment and request they pay again with the correct address?
You can also check if the paypal address is different. Sometimes ebay/paypal address dont mesh. I was told by ebay (but would double check) that as long as you ship to one listed address (ebay or paypal) you are ok.
I would still refund and ask them to resend with the correct ship to address. Just went though this with Edward Green shoes that sold. Take NO chances.post #4968 of 296429/2/13 at 9:37pmpost #4969 of 296429/2/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
It is. But someone has to tell on you to get it removed.post #4970 of 296429/2/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
It is Band of Outsiders not a RRL or APC so they consider it keyword spamming. I doubt anyone told on you, from what I have seen there are automated tools that run periodically and remove listings that break their policy. While a BOO is on a similar level with APC and RRL it is still getting penalized because of the asswipes selling Chinese Pleather products and having "Coach, Hermes, Gucci" in the title. I would have thought that you at least would have gotten a message on why they took it down though.
Did not know this, I would think a multi-billion dollar company could write some automation to catch stuff like this. If not than it seems like a policy they don't really care about and only enforce when someone complains.post #4971 of 296429/2/13 at 10:27pmpost #4972 of 296429/3/13 at 5:18ampost #4973 of 296429/3/13 at 5:44amQuote:
It's not spamming if it's the truth. Though you will still get your listing kicked on some combinations. I had a Gucci jacket made by Zegna, I tried like hell to explain it to the customer service rep after they kicked it, but it was like talking to a brick wall.post #4974 of 296429/3/13 at 6:27ampost #4975 of 296429/3/13 at 7:36amQuote:
If you offer returns, have a restocking fee include in your stated return policy. I'm starting to have to deal with the same issue and will be adding it to all my auctions starting this week.post #4976 of 296429/3/13 at 8:19amQuote:
I did the same. 10% on normal stuff that I know I can resell, 15% on items with stated defects, 20% on higher end items in perfect condition to avoid pay, peek, and return buyers. This guy is returning an Hermes tie because it was too close to a color he already has. See response from Buyer after I called him out.
"You read me like a book, between racing triathlons, surfing, golfing,
coaching baseball, wife and kids I did not know what to do w my time so w
north of 155 transactions on eBay I decided to just buy and look at ties,
then return them, well done. Since your giving out advice (No I don't do
this to sellers) perhaps you should take a gander in the mirror and change
your return policy, you either have 14 day returns or you do not, no gray
area. Its a nice tie and you will have no problem selling it."
I must admit, he was right. I changed my return policy to avoid inconsiderate assholes.post #4977 of 296429/3/13 at 8:42ampost #4978 of 296429/3/13 at 10:21ampost #4979 of 296429/3/13 at 10:29ampost #4980 of 296429/3/13 at 10:54amQuote:
I'm still on the fence, and thus I've stuck with my no return policy (although I will do returns 99% of the time if the buyer asks). My theory is that it wards off people who want to buy, wear, then return. Why try that with me when there are thousands of other sellers who offer returns? If I sold women's items, a no return policy would be an absolute must - as this behavior is far more common among women than men.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Things you just don't get 19 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...