Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 4:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/1/16 at 8:43am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 6/23/16 at 12:32pm in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 332post #4966 of 284299/2/13 at 9:40ampost #4967 of 284299/2/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSIQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but I just got a request from a buyer (who has already paid) to ship to a different address than he specified at checkout. What's the correct procedure? Refund payment and request they pay again with the correct address?
You can also check if the paypal address is different. Sometimes ebay/paypal address dont mesh. I was told by ebay (but would double check) that as long as you ship to one listed address (ebay or paypal) you are ok.
I would still refund and ask them to resend with the correct ship to address. Just went though this with Edward Green shoes that sold. Take NO chances.post #4968 of 284299/2/13 at 9:37pmpost #4969 of 284299/2/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
It is. But someone has to tell on you to get it removed.post #4970 of 284299/2/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
It is Band of Outsiders not a RRL or APC so they consider it keyword spamming. I doubt anyone told on you, from what I have seen there are automated tools that run periodically and remove listings that break their policy. While a BOO is on a similar level with APC and RRL it is still getting penalized because of the asswipes selling Chinese Pleather products and having "Coach, Hermes, Gucci" in the title. I would have thought that you at least would have gotten a message on why they took it down though.
Did not know this, I would think a multi-billion dollar company could write some automation to catch stuff like this. If not than it seems like a policy they don't really care about and only enforce when someone complains.post #4971 of 284299/2/13 at 10:27pmpost #4972 of 284299/3/13 at 5:18ampost #4973 of 284299/3/13 at 5:44amQuote:
It's not spamming if it's the truth. Though you will still get your listing kicked on some combinations. I had a Gucci jacket made by Zegna, I tried like hell to explain it to the customer service rep after they kicked it, but it was like talking to a brick wall.post #4974 of 284299/3/13 at 6:27ampost #4975 of 284299/3/13 at 7:36amQuote:
If you offer returns, have a restocking fee include in your stated return policy. I'm starting to have to deal with the same issue and will be adding it to all my auctions starting this week.post #4976 of 284299/3/13 at 8:19amQuote:
I did the same. 10% on normal stuff that I know I can resell, 15% on items with stated defects, 20% on higher end items in perfect condition to avoid pay, peek, and return buyers. This guy is returning an Hermes tie because it was too close to a color he already has. See response from Buyer after I called him out.
"You read me like a book, between racing triathlons, surfing, golfing,
coaching baseball, wife and kids I did not know what to do w my time so w
north of 155 transactions on eBay I decided to just buy and look at ties,
then return them, well done. Since your giving out advice (No I don't do
this to sellers) perhaps you should take a gander in the mirror and change
your return policy, you either have 14 day returns or you do not, no gray
area. Its a nice tie and you will have no problem selling it."
I must admit, he was right. I changed my return policy to avoid inconsiderate assholes.post #4977 of 284299/3/13 at 8:42ampost #4978 of 284299/3/13 at 10:21ampost #4979 of 284299/3/13 at 10:29ampost #4980 of 284299/3/13 at 10:54amQuote:
I'm still on the fence, and thus I've stuck with my no return policy (although I will do returns 99% of the time if the buyer asks). My theory is that it wards off people who want to buy, wear, then return. Why try that with me when there are thousands of other sellers who offer returns? If I sold women's items, a no return policy would be an absolute must - as this behavior is far more common among women than men.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › South2 West8 Zip Vest size Med 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding