Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Yesterday at 10:31 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 7:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 6/18/15 at 2:38pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 332post #4966 of 216689/2/13 at 9:40am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4967 of 216689/2/13 at 1:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by VLSIQuote:Originally Posted by DanM
Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but I just got a request from a buyer (who has already paid) to ship to a different address than he specified at checkout. What's the correct procedure? Refund payment and request they pay again with the correct address?
You can also check if the paypal address is different. Sometimes ebay/paypal address dont mesh. I was told by ebay (but would double check) that as long as you ship to one listed address (ebay or paypal) you are ok.
I would still refund and ask them to resend with the correct ship to address. Just went though this with Edward Green shoes that sold. Take NO chances.post #4968 of 216689/2/13 at 9:37pmpost #4969 of 216689/2/13 at 10:01pmQuote:
It is. But someone has to tell on you to get it removed.post #4970 of 216689/2/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
It is Band of Outsiders not a RRL or APC so they consider it keyword spamming. I doubt anyone told on you, from what I have seen there are automated tools that run periodically and remove listings that break their policy. While a BOO is on a similar level with APC and RRL it is still getting penalized because of the asswipes selling Chinese Pleather products and having "Coach, Hermes, Gucci" in the title. I would have thought that you at least would have gotten a message on why they took it down though.
Did not know this, I would think a multi-billion dollar company could write some automation to catch stuff like this. If not than it seems like a policy they don't really care about and only enforce when someone complains.post #4971 of 216689/2/13 at 10:27pmpost #4972 of 216689/3/13 at 5:18ampost #4973 of 216689/3/13 at 5:44amQuote:
It's not spamming if it's the truth. Though you will still get your listing kicked on some combinations. I had a Gucci jacket made by Zegna, I tried like hell to explain it to the customer service rep after they kicked it, but it was like talking to a brick wall.post #4974 of 216689/3/13 at 6:27ampost #4975 of 216689/3/13 at 7:36amQuote:
If you offer returns, have a restocking fee include in your stated return policy. I'm starting to have to deal with the same issue and will be adding it to all my auctions starting this week.post #4976 of 216689/3/13 at 8:19amQuote:
I did the same. 10% on normal stuff that I know I can resell, 15% on items with stated defects, 20% on higher end items in perfect condition to avoid pay, peek, and return buyers. This guy is returning an Hermes tie because it was too close to a color he already has. See response from Buyer after I called him out.
"You read me like a book, between racing triathlons, surfing, golfing,
coaching baseball, wife and kids I did not know what to do w my time so w
north of 155 transactions on eBay I decided to just buy and look at ties,
then return them, well done. Since your giving out advice (No I don't do
this to sellers) perhaps you should take a gander in the mirror and change
your return policy, you either have 14 day returns or you do not, no gray
area. Its a nice tie and you will have no problem selling it."
I must admit, he was right. I changed my return policy to avoid inconsiderate assholes.post #4977 of 216689/3/13 at 8:42ampost #4978 of 216689/3/13 at 10:21ampost #4979 of 216689/3/13 at 10:29ampost #4980 of 216689/3/13 at 10:54amQuote:
I'm still on the fence, and thus I've stuck with my no return policy (although I will do returns 99% of the time if the buyer asks). My theory is that it wards off people who want to buy, wear, then return. Why try that with me when there are thousands of other sellers who offer returns? If I sold women's items, a no return policy would be an absolute must - as this behavior is far more common among women than men.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 43 seconds ago
- › BNIB Campanile "Marron Cordovan" Cap toe 10.5 UK 11.5 US (a... 57 seconds ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: Labels, heels and nail patterns - Secrets to ID the maker 7 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...