or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 273

post #4081 of 14446
It's getting up there for shell. I wish I could find some good shell boots for not an arm and a leg. I'd be Ok with just an arm and some toes or something.
post #4082 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151084545776
This is the listing. Its the toe cap pic of the right boot that worries me.

 

They have a lot of feedback, but "only" 98.9% positive for that many sales / feedbacks tells me they're slinging what they can and probably will never responding to any inquiries.  16 negatives in the last 6 months, and 34 negatives + 24 neutrals in the last year.  That's sort of a lot, even if they are a high-volume seller.  Two of the negatives are re: Wolverine boots...  I say, if you bid, you're taking a bit of a gamble with this seller.  Not a huge gamble, but more than usual.  

post #4083 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151084545776
This is the listing. Its the toe cap pic of the right boot that worries me.

I think they look great. I'd snatch em if the price stays low...which it won't.

post #4084 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Nevermind
Good point, I will inquire as to the mismatch.
post #4085 of 14446

When did eBay start displaying the # of watchers on other people's listings?  In the past I could only see the # of watchers on my own listings, not someone else's...not sure if I like that change...

 

post #4086 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

When did eBay start displaying the # of watchers on other people's listings?  In the past I could only see the # of watchers on my own listings, not someone else's...not sure if I like that change...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

They started this with the last BIG refresh of the site about 6??? months ago. It has come and gone. If you are a big seller with popular items I think it is good to make people have a desire to bid and or make an offer.....not that I'm saying I like it, but I see why they added it.

post #4087 of 14446

It's bad for items that have few watchers, might make people more likely to lowball, etc.

post #4088 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

They started this with the last BIG refresh of the site about 6??? months ago. It has come and gone. If you are a big seller with popular items I think it is good to make people have a desire to bid and or make an offer.....not that I'm saying I like it, but I see why they added it.

 

Huh - first time I've ever seen it, and I have bid/bought recently.  I have seen the little pop-up window that tells how many views/watchers in the past 24 hours or whatnot.  

If I was watching an auction item and it had a bunch of other watchers, I'd be less inclined to bid and get into a war later...but for buy-it-now, agreed - might make me want to jump on an item before anyone else.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

It's bad for items that have few watchers, might make people more likely to lowball, etc.

 

Agree on that as well. 

post #4089 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by aglose View Post

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151084545776
This is the listing. Its the toe cap pic of the right boot that worries me.


if you look at the sole it seems barely worn.

its probably a pair of factory seconds, so slight imperfections would be normal.

you are buying used.

but given the state of the sole I dont think its seen much use

worth the savings over the 700? 800? retail on new

post #4090 of 14446

Not sure if I should leave negative / neutral feedback or not...  I bought a vintage stereo accessory item on eBay.  Was delivered, slowly.  Only halfway worked - it has two modes - one "ideal" and the other considered a "get-around" if you can't use it in the more ideal mode based on your receiver...the "ideal" mode didn't work, but the "get-around" does.  The item was described as used but in fully working order (which it was not).  I messaged the seller saying I'd like to return it either for a refund or repair.  No reply after a few days, so I initiate a return.  Get a notification that an e-check refund is in process.  Few days later, get another message that the e-check refund did not clear the seller's bank account = no refund.  In the interim, I decided to keep the thing and just sell it along with the speakers that it goes with, so I canceled the refund case.  I opted not to use eBay buyer protection to get my refund after the e-check failed, and keep it instead, knowing it can be fixed.

 

The seller has a bunch of older and one current negative feedbacks (which I did not see until after I'd already bid and won), and when I Google him, he appears to be a total nut-job - made his own Wikipedia page.  

 

His website is equally odd, with the manifesto "The Ultimate in on-line rare purchasing and selling. There is nothing worse in life then shopping next to cheap idiots lacking taste, experience, and hygiene -- while checking out at the counter of some bitter-condescending-asexual-erudite giving you the once over. At Literaturopolis you are treated on a first come first serve basis. There is no line, no rush, no time limit, and best of all... No herd of garage-sale-lemmings lending you their take on popular culture, live action role playing (LARP), and what it means to be the last bearded hipster in Echo Park without a tattoo, skinny jeans, and girlfriend named Bitchiffer with more metal in her face than the front row at OZ fest."

 

What a tool.

 

ANYWAY, do I leave a negative...neutral...or let it slide, seeing as how I am actually keeping the half-working gizmo...bearing in mind their refund check e-bounced and they sold me a malfunctioning item described as fully working?  I have never left a negative in my life as things have always been worked out in the end.

post #4091 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLnoob View Post

Not sure if I should leave negative / neutral feedback or not...  I bought a vintage stereo accessory item on eBay.  Was delivered, slowly.  Only halfway worked - it has two modes - one "ideal" and the other considered a "get-around" if you can't use it in the more ideal mode based on your receiver...the "ideal" mode didn't work, but the "get-around" does.  The item was described as used but in fully working order (which it was not).  I messaged the seller saying I'd like to return it either for a refund or repair.  No reply after a few days, so I initiate a return.  Get a notification that an e-check refund is in process.  Few days later, get another message that the e-check refund did not clear the seller's bank account = no refund.  In the interim, I decided to keep the thing and just sell it along with the speakers that it goes with, so I canceled the refund case.  I opted not to use eBay buyer protection to get my refund after the e-check failed, and keep it instead, knowing it can be fixed.

 

The seller has a bunch of older and one current negative feedbacks (which I did not see until after I'd already bid and won), and when I Google him, he appears to be a total nut-job - made his own Wikipedia page.  

 

His website is equally odd, with the manifesto "The Ultimate in on-line rare purchasing and selling. There is nothing worse in life then shopping next to cheap idiots lacking taste, experience, and hygiene -- while checking out at the counter of some bitter-condescending-asexual-erudite giving you the once over. At Literaturopolis you are treated on a first come first serve basis. There is no line, no rush, no time limit, and best of all... No herd of garage-sale-lemmings lending you their take on popular culture, live action role playing (LARP), and what it means to be the last bearded hipster in Echo Park without a tattoo, skinny jeans, and girlfriend named Bitchiffer with more metal in her face than the front row at OZ fest."

 

What a tool.

 

ANYWAY, do I leave a negative...neutral...or let it slide, seeing as how I am actually keeping the half-working gizmo...bearing in mind their refund check e-bounced and they sold me a malfunctioning item described as fully working?  I have never left a negative in my life as things have always been worked out in the end.

I'd go negative...if you don't know what you are selling and can't test it, don't list it as in working order...and just the fact that he wouldn't respond to correct the situation would make me leave negative.

post #4092 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweets View Post

I'd go negative...if you don't know what you are selling and can't test it, don't list it as in working order...and just the fact that he wouldn't respond to correct the situation would make me leave negative.

 

I'm leaning that way as well - don't think the seller would really mind, seeing the negatives they already have with no follow-up.  Matter of fact, gonna do it right now!

post #4093 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrow View Post


if you look at the sole it seems barely worn.
its probably a pair of factory seconds, so slight imperfections would be normal.
you are buying used.
but given the state of the sole I dont think its seen much use
worth the savings over the 700? 800? retail on new
Yeah that's what I was thinking. I will see how high they go once the end comes near...
post #4094 of 14446

How do you price your items?

 

( I tend to look at the top 25 sold and base it on the avg. )

post #4095 of 14446
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiron View Post

How do you price your items?

( I tend to look at the top 25 sold and base it on the avg. )
Ideally on binobo items, yes. But when short on time, and particularly on auctions, I simply start at my cost (purchase plus tax plus gas plus ship plus fees) plus some reasonable additional amount, which hopefully adds up to a reasonable starting price for an item like mine. Or if I'm considering keeping, I price at whatever price I simply couldn't refuse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions