Link me to what you were looking at getting, so I can drool and convince myself otherwise
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 3/10/17 at 6:17am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- SOLD! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short, perfect... Last post on 2/24/17 at 5:12pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 264post #3946 of 323977/9/13 at 6:21pmpost #3947 of 323977/9/13 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by SnoogzQuote:
Link me to what you were looking at getting, so I can drool and convince myself otherwise
Something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lowel-Ambi-4-Light-Kit-TO-95-Film-Video-Lowell-Tota-/200922216957?ViewItem=&item=200922216957&nma=true&si=8CI9zd0c6MC0Oqw6TTvp%252FccgBZs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Still havnt convinced myself to spend those kind of bucks on lighting yet,post #3948 of 323977/9/13 at 7:13pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by Brianpore
New one to me, but the biggest thing in my mind is a) where do you ship it, paypal confirmed address? Google the guys name/address where you shipped it vs the one on the paypal account and see if it matches....
Call paypal... but pretty cure cc companies trump pp even if you did everything correct. Also, I would use the "find contact info on ebay user" which usually shows the phone number for the buyer and give them a call (not from a home or cell phone, but like a gchat phone number or something). He might have not remembered the charge and filed a claim.... I've had someone open a dispute b/c they forgot the bought something before.
I won one of these a while ago. Or got to keep me money, but I consider that a win. I provided paypal/cc company IMAGES of the ebay feedback, all of the shipping information+the confirmed paypal address, the communication between myself and the buyer; essentially everything I had. Luckily I had images and timestamps, paypal/cc reviewed it and they let the funds go.post #3949 of 323977/9/13 at 7:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by Snoogz
Back to Lighting..
I'd like to get some feedback on this continuous lighting kit I've been eying.
Does this look like a good kit with all the components included?
And if so, can anyone comment on the bulbs included, are they good?
Would you recommend swapping the bulbs for some LEDs of some sort?
Is there enough power to produce good enough lighting for a mannequin and for some flat shots (pants, jackets, shoes etc).
That kit looks perfect, and you can always get brighter bulbs if you decide it's not enough light. I imagine the more expensive stuff would yield you better life bulbs maybe better color, but bulbs are easy to change out. Mainly they tripods and components are where these kits cheap out. I would argue since we're not moving anything, that really doesn't matter, my stands are really nice, but really after the initial setup, that didn't matter. For a pro, that would be hugely important. I'd love to hear your experience with it if you get it.
edit- not that I know too much about it, but I read 5000k was the proper light temp, I'm noticing that these are 6500k, would be a colder, bluer light I think.
edit- If you don't have it already, get some paper for your backdrop, that was the last really good change I made to my setup.post #3950 of 323977/9/13 at 7:44pmpost #3951 of 323977/9/13 at 8:27pmpost #3952 of 323977/9/13 at 8:58pmMy plan was to get a backdrop with a lighting kit.
I like tha backdrops because they extend to the ground a few feet, which would be an excellent place to take pictures of items that we do not use a mannequin for.
+ a lot of backdrop kits I'm looking at come with a white & black option which I could utilize.
I just want to nail down which light kit to go ahead and try out, my only concern is the wattage these are stating they put out. Is 2k efficient enough? Will that allow me to put any type of 3rd party bulb wattage In the socket?post #3953 of 323977/9/13 at 9:06pmQuote:
I also had one of these. I was too busy to do anything but trust the fact that I'd shipped the item on time, had proof of shipment and receipt and that I'd obeyed the Ebay policies. I didn't submit the kind of proof Tben did. But I still won. This must be remarkably common, and from my sense of the PayPal email on the subject, they must have some kind of insurance that covers them, because they seemed to take a surprisingly reassuring tone with their email updates.post #3954 of 323977/9/13 at 9:58pmQuote:
Yes, I bought a roll that was 53" wide by 12yds I think - yes, exactly what this is. So much better than a sheet, which was my previous backdrop.
The way I see it, the lights are everything in the setup. We could jury rig everything else (assuming you have the room to keep everything set up all the time), you could even make your own light diffuser if you were so inclined, but you still need the right amount of the proper light.Quote:Originally Posted by hbkshin
Anyone have any experience with PayPal hacking? Someone hacked my PayPal, changed the email associated, phone number, and password. I have his email but no other way of logging into my PayPal. This happened yesterday and I;m going to call PayPal first thing in the morning (They;re close right now). I had some money in my account as well. Will I be able to get everything back?
Did you get a hold of Pay Pal? Are they resolving it for you?post #3955 of 323977/9/13 at 10:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
I also had one of these. I was too busy to do anything but trust the fact that I'd shipped the item on time, had proof of shipment and receipt and that I'd obeyed the Ebay policies. I didn't submit the kind of proof Tben did. But I still won. This must be remarkably common, and from my sense of the PayPal email on the subject, they must have some kind of insurance that covers them, because they seemed to take a surprisingly reassuring tone with their email updates.
With items of certain value and heavy buyer question/communication, I become increasingly paranoid and try to cover myself completely.post #3956 of 323977/10/13 at 7:01amQuote:
According to this, 6500K is equivalent to overcast daylight. Which normally works fine for me when I'm shooting my mannequin outdoors.post #3957 of 323977/10/13 at 4:19pmlove this i cant list a gucci scarf ,but guys like this have free reign http://www.ebay.com/sch/skylined100010/m.html?item=181171012372&pt=US_Men_s_Dress_Shirts&hash=item2a2ea24314&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562post #3958 of 323977/10/13 at 7:26pmpost #3959 of 323977/10/13 at 7:38pmQuote:
Yes, for USPS 1st class shipping ----> Priority Mail.post #3960 of 323977/10/13 at 7:45pm
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Things you just don't get 1 second ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Preowned Church's Ely Chelsea Boot Size 11 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 8 minutes ago
- › [ LOIT ] - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 8 minutes ago
- › The best value vendors I've found so far 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...