or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 263

post #3931 of 16825
Most modern "hacking" of accounts is the result of phishing scams. No offense, but the user is usually to blame. No password is uncrackable tx smile.gif
post #3932 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Holy crap man, that sucks a lot.  There's no 24hour number?  I would get on that immediately!

 

 

Unrelated:

Is a solid black 2 button coat with 4 buttons on the sleeve, all buttons black, ever be a sport coat?  It's so pretty... pick stitch lapel.

 

 

Also, one of the most egregious uses of NWOT I've seen to date: ISAIA

I contacted the seller:

 

You've listed this item as new without tags, what is all over the front of the jacket? Is it paint? I'll make you an offer if you think whatever it is will come off.

 

His response:

 

'll be happy to hear your offer, but the jacket is clean. It's just a bad picture.


- sundaedog
 
Clean? Are you fucking kidding me?
 
Plus, how old is that label?
 
Just in case he wipes that schmutz off, here's what the jacket looked like from the original listing:

looks like his nana's face powder.

post #3933 of 16825
First neutral feedback today icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Responded to, blocked, added to SF Black List, moving on with life...
post #3934 of 16825
Did you do a neutral job?
post #3935 of 16825
No.

Feedback reads: "Great incotex but alittle too worn." They were not new pants, but I mentioned that in the description. I also provided multiple photos, which showed some normal wear around the belt area. Additionally, they were a linen/cotton blend which means they're going to be a bit wrinkly and schlubby looking and aren't going to look like a crisp pair of chinos back from the drycleaner, no matter how new they were.

I also offer 14 day money back returns (albeit with a 10% restocking fee that is almost always waived), and they never bothered to contact me at all before leaving the feedback. But what really pisses me off on this is that they bought two items from me, and left a neutral for this one and no feedback for the other, even though they shipped together and I cut them a deal on shipping charges. I knew it was coming given that they have a history of leaving vague complainey neutral and negatives (45 purchases, 6-8 negatives or neutrals left) but still, it irks me.

What I mean to say is, I'm moving on.
post #3936 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

No.

Feedback reads: "Great incotex but alittle too worn." They were not new pants, but I mentioned that in the description. I also provided multiple photos, which showed some normal wear around the belt area. Additionally, they were a linen/cotton blend which means they're going to be a bit wrinkly and schlubby looking and aren't going to look like a crisp pair of chinos back from the drycleaner, no matter how new they were.

I also offer 14 day money back returns (albeit with a 10% restocking fee that is almost always waived), and they never bothered to contact me at all before leaving the feedback. But what really pisses me off on this is that they bought two items from me, and left a neutral for this one and no feedback for the other, even though they shipped together and I cut them a deal on shipping charges. I knew it was coming given that they have a history of leaving vague complainey neutral and negatives (45 purchases, 6-8 negatives or neutrals left) but still, it irks me.

What I mean to say is, I'm moving on.

I don't know if this will help you feel better but e-bay sometimes will suspend a buyer who leaves a lot of negative feedbacks so hold your breath on this guy, he may have it coming.

post #3937 of 16825
Did you ask them to change it? That might work. (For reals -- I know a lot of people who've politely asked if it was a mistake, explained how important feedback is, etc., with good results).
post #3938 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob View Post

Did you ask them to change it? That might work. (For reals -- I know a lot of people who've politely asked if it was a mistake, explained how important feedback is, etc., with good results).

I'm not planning on asking for him to change it - the fact that he has another feedback he could leave is kind of a trump card hanging over my head so I just responded saying "If for some reason you weren't 100% satisfied, please contact me to work it out!" Hopefully that and my other 195 positives + 5.0 seller ratings will sway anyone who is hesitating...
post #3939 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

ME bigstar%5B1%5D.gif



My only concern would be she sends you back a fake. Not sure how ebay would handle that, or she claims its not real (ebay refunds her and asks her to destroy the fake item). There was a pretty famous article about a rare guitar that I remember reading.

I took a chance and allowed her to purchase the handbag with the promise of allowing a return if she postmarked it within 2 days of receiving it. She sent the bag back, same condition. I was nervous there for a minute. I took a video on my phone of me getting out of my car after work, approaching hte package on the doorstep and opening it. I figured if she she tried to pull something (like returning a different purse) I'd at least have some sort of evidence to support my side of the story.
post #3940 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


I took a chance and allowed her to purchase the handbag with the promise of allowing a return if she postmarked it within 2 days of receiving it. She sent the bag back, same condition. I was nervous there for a minute. I took a video on my phone of me getting out of my car after work, approaching hte package on the doorstep and opening it. I figured if she she tried to pull something (like returning a different purse) I'd at least have some sort of evidence to support my side of the story.

I've always thought about ways to "prove" things like that, I've taken pictures of packages I've recently sent to Russia, not that it'll help prove I actually MAILED it, or mailed the right thing.  Too lazy to get some sort of proof from the post office, the lines there are nuts every morning I go to drop my stuff off so I use the drop chute.

 

Also, going against the popular opinion here on returns.  Was just reminded how painless the return process is when it's BIN, had some pants returned, made a $2 on the original sale shipping, made the 10% restocking fee, and the item is no more used than it was when I bought it (essentially I just made what the pants cost me originally), it's one click to relist, I am refunded all the fees from eBay and Pay Pal, and the client was grateful that he could return the item, so I have one more happy customer who will look at my auctions (and hopefully not return everything).

post #3941 of 16825
Quote:

Hello XXXXXX, We were recently notified that one of your buyers filed a chargeback and asked the credit card issuer to reverse a payment made to you on Mar 24, 2013. The buyer claims that this purchase was made without authorization to use the credit card. Their credit card issuer needs additional information from you about this transaction.

 

The credit card issuer decides if the buyer's claim is legitimate. Once the

credit card issuer receives your information, it may take up to 75 days to

make a final decision.

 

Because the credit card issuer has reversed the charge for this

transaction, we've placed a temporary hold on the funds associated with

this transaction until the case is resolved. Our user agreement explains

our policies on holding funds.

 

 

How the fuck is this my problem???  Glad its under $30, but still what the hell?

 

What's SOP here guys?

 

 

 

post #3942 of 16825
post #3943 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

Quote:

Hello XXXXXX, We were recently notified that one of your buyers filed a chargeback and asked the credit card issuer to reverse a payment made to you on Mar 24, 2013. The buyer claims that this purchase was made without authorization to use the credit card. Their credit card issuer needs additional information from you about this transaction.

 

The credit card issuer decides if the buyer's claim is legitimate. Once the

credit card issuer receives your information, it may take up to 75 days to

make a final decision.

 

Because the credit card issuer has reversed the charge for this

transaction, we've placed a temporary hold on the funds associated with

this transaction until the case is resolved. Our user agreement explains

our policies on holding funds.

 

 

How the fuck is this my problem???  Glad its under $30, but still what the hell?

 

What's SOP here guys?

 

New one to me, but the biggest thing in my mind is a) where do you ship it, paypal confirmed address? Google the guys name/address where you shipped it vs the one on the paypal account and see if it matches....

 

Call paypal...  but pretty cure cc companies trump pp even if you did everything correct. Also, I would use the "find contact info on ebay user" which usually shows the phone number for the buyer and give them a call (not from a home or cell phone, but like a gchat phone number or something). He might have not remembered the charge and filed a claim.... I've had someone open a dispute b/c they forgot the bought something before.

post #3944 of 16825

Back to Lighting..

 

I'd like to get some feedback on this continuous lighting kit I've been eying.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281110460134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 

Does this look like a good kit with all the components included?

And if so, can anyone comment on the bulbs included, are they good?
Would you recommend swapping the bulbs for some LEDs of some sort?

Is there enough power to produce good enough lighting for a mannequin and for some flat shots (pants, jackets, shoes etc).

post #3945 of 16825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoogz View Post

Back to Lighting..

 

I'd like to get some feedback on this continuous lighting kit I've been eying.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281110460134?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

 

Does this look like a good kit with all the components included?

And if so, can anyone comment on the bulbs included, are they good?
Would you recommend swapping the bulbs for some LEDs of some sort?

Is there enough power to produce good enough lighting for a mannequin and for some flat shots (pants, jackets, shoes etc).

I've been toying with the idea of getting something like that VS spending 3x that and picking up a lowel lighting kit. If you buy it, please def post a review/feedback.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions