or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 245

post #3661 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

I have about 25 pairs of (sneakers) shoes to sell. What's the most cost effective way to ship them out? I'm thinking of selling them new without the box in one of those shipping baggies instead of a box. Anyone have ideas?

I use USPS Priority Mail Boxes made for Shoes (aka the Priority Shoe Box).  They are going to have to be sent via Priority Mail vs 1st class anyway, so I would include the box's if you have them... Makes it much nicer then selling them without. find either a 200lb brown box that will work, or a USPS box that will work.

post #3662 of 16718
Plus priority shipping is priced by the whole pound if not using flat/regional rate, so depending on what the shoes weigh by themselves, it may not actually cost you more money.
post #3663 of 16718

Sorry guys. I meant that I'm shipping them out individually as I sell them.

post #3664 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post

Sorry guys. I meant that I'm shipping them out individually as I sell them.

Yeah, we figured.  Brian meant the crush weight of the cardboard is 200lb.

 

+1 Ship in the original box inside a second box if possible. I always try to think, "How would I like shoes I bought on eBay to arrive?" I HATE when they show up in one of those unpadded priority bags, especially if they are dress shoes. It might cost you only a buck or two to go the extra mile on this, but when a buyer leaves feedback that says "Shoes came on-time, Professional Packaging, Amazing Seller!", saves you as a favorite seller and buys from you once a month or so, it makes it worth the extra effort.

post #3665 of 16718

need a point and shoot camera recommendation, ideally $350-$450... thinking Canon G15....?

 

Just something solid for taking ebay pics

post #3666 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

need a point and shoot camera recommendation, ideally $350-$450... thinking Canon G15....?

Just something solid for taking ebay pics

I use a Nikon D40 and am pleased with it. I know nothing about cameras though.
post #3667 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


I use a Nikon D40 and am pleased with it. I know nothing about cameras though.

+1.....me too. Very easy camera to use. Also very lightweight as far as DSLRs go. Not exactly a point and shoot, but if you use the same setup all the time, you shouldn't need to adjust the camera much at all. You will get compliments on your photos. 

post #3668 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

+1.....me too.

Im shocked.
post #3669 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Im shocked.

Um yeah. This is just getting weird now. Lol.
post #3670 of 16718

I've been cleaning out my closet this spring/summer and am starting with boots & shoes. I've already sold a few items and all went well. I currently have two listings for used Allen Edmonds shoes. My previous and current listings state that they will ship "with box". With three days left in the auction, I just realized that I don't have the OEM box for one pair. There are bids on the item.

 

The actual verbiage I used is:

 

"(AE Shoe)...SZ 11D, excellent used condition with box."

 

Should I revise the description to indicate that I no longer have the OEM box and they will ship in a different AE box? I'm thinking that the listing implies that they'll ship in the original box. I have a few AE boxes that I can use.

 

Should I leave listing as is and just ship in a different AE box? My thinking is that I never stated that they will ship in the original box, just a box.

 

Thanks for your thoughts. As I type this it seems like a pretty silly question but after reading the horror stories stemming from seemingly minor communication issues...I figured it couldn't hurt to ask to hopefully avoid a potential issue.

post #3671 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post

need a point and shoot camera recommendation, ideally $350-$450... thinking Canon G15....?

Just something solid for taking ebay pics

I use a Nikon D40 and am pleased with it. I know nothing about cameras though.

I have a Nikon D3100 DSLR and use the standard 18-55mm lens and LOVE it. Not a point and shoot though but will do what you need AND more if you want in the future.

 

1st thing that came up in ebay search (did not look more then 2 seconds). Something like this.

 
post #3672 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_b View Post

I've been cleaning out my closet this spring/summer and am starting with boots & shoes. I've already sold a few items and all went well. I currently have two listings for used Allen Edmonds shoes. My previous and current listings state that they will ship "with box". With three days left in the auction, I just realized that I don't have the OEM box for one pair. There are bids on the item.

 

The actual verbiage I used is:

 

"(AE Shoe)...SZ 11D, excellent used condition with box."

 

Should I revise the description to indicate that I no longer have the OEM box and they will ship in a different AE box? I'm thinking that the listing implies that they'll ship in the original box. I have a few AE boxes that I can use.

 

Should I leave listing as is and just ship in a different AE box? My thinking is that I never stated that they will ship in the original box, just a box.

 

Thanks for your thoughts. As I type this it seems like a pretty silly question but after reading the horror stories stemming from seemingly minor communication issues...I figured it couldn't hurt to ask to hopefully avoid a potential issue.

Just edit the listing  (with bids I think you can only edit a comment on the bottom) if there are 3 days left and it should not be a problem at all. If you are really worried about it, contact the winning buyer, make sure they are away of the situation before you ship them. If they for some reasons are really distraught over the non org box, just offer a second chance offer or relist them next week....Thats what I would do anyway.

post #3673 of 16718
I ship all my shoes in a box peepwall[1].gif
post #3674 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

I have a Nikon D3100 DSLR and use the standard 18-55mm lens and LOVE it. Not a point and shoot though but will do what you need AND more if you want in the future.

 

1st thing that came up in ebay search (did not look more then 2 seconds). Something like this.

 

That's a great seller too. I have proxy'd from them for my oversees camera buyer. They did a double exchange for two malfunctioning digi polaroids with no questions asked. 

post #3675 of 16718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Just edit the listing  (with bids I think you can only edit a comment on the bottom) if there are 3 days left and it should not be a problem at all. If you are really worried about it, contact the winning buyer, make sure they are away of the situation before you ship them. If they for some reasons are really distraught over the non org box, just offer a second chance offer or relist them next week....Thats what I would do anyway.

 

Thanks! Appreciate the input.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

I ship all my shoes in a box peepwall[1].gif

 

biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions