I have some clothing I'm looking to get rid of. I've sold things at second-hand shops before, but I've realized I could do much better if I put a little effort in and sold on eBay. Having never sold anything on eBay before, I'm a total noob and have a ton of questions, but I'll try to limit it to three (I've read a bunch of this thread and it is highly informative but I think a lot of it is a bit advanced for me as I'm not wondering how to best package a vintage Canali suit for shipment to Burkina Faso).
1. Since I'm a first-time seller, I obviously have no feedback as a seller. I assume people would be skeptical of buying from me. Is there anything I can do to improve my credibility off the bat? I do have half a dozen feedbacks as a buyer, showing that I've always paid promptly--not sure if this does anything toward showing I'm not a total scumbag. Should I expect to sell my first few items for lower prices than the than the typical going rate since I might be viewed as a risk?
2. Traditional auction v.s. buy it now? Are there any general guidelines to help in making this decision?
3. Aside from this thread, can anyone recommend a good primer that I should read to help answer some more of my noob questions?
Thank you in advance.
1. Only way to build the reputation is to get to selling. It will come. Honest descriptions, clear photos.
2. That is up to you. Auctions are more fun.
3. Ebay for Dummies, as well as Ebay Listings that Sell, for Dummies. I have read both of them a couple times, a few years ago. They have a lot of valuable info in them. I wish I had knwn to read them when I was starting out. They would have saved me from quite a lot of headaches.