or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 226

post #3376 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


I shipped a few things to Italy, all showed tracking with delivery with USPS priority. Got the items for nothing so didn't mind but was kind of surprised

I don't ship to Italy or Brazil, since it is against the law for most of my inventory anyway.

 

Italy - No leather goods, shoes or anything that is sewn. Um yeah.

Brazil - No used consumer goods. Ummmm right.

post #3377 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I don't ship to Italy or Brazil, since it is against the law for most of my inventory anyway.

Italy - No leather goods, shoes or anything that is sewn. Um yeah.
Brazil - No used consumer goods. Ummmm right.

If someone in Italy buys my "something that is sewn" item, I ship it, and Customs eats it, whose fault is it? Mine, for not excluding Italy, or his, for not knowing the rules when he bought it? More to the point, who will Ebay side with (as if I don't know the answer to this one)?
post #3378 of 16982
I exclude that Italian customs have problem with items mentioned above.
I received many times leather goods or clothing from USA, clearly declared as shirts, trousers, shoes etc. both from stores and private members.
Never had a problem with duties, absolutely.

In Italy every parcel shipped from outside EU is processed by customs and every parcel declared over 25$ will pay duties, without exclusions.
The parcels are processed in different airports with different procedures and timing, depending on service used by sender.

The best services maintain their original tracking number even in Italy, others that originally aren't trackable outside original country, could became trackable with a different italian code in the single case when the items is shipped from custom office to recipient and there are duties to be paied, in this case they usually use italian registerd mail to track it.
Calling the customer service/custom office giving original tracking with a bit of trouble in some cases they could help in the search.

Shipping to Italy is pretty easy knowing hot to ship.
But sellers obviusly couldn't know how every national post works, it's the buyer that should know and suggest how to procede in some case.
Edited by alexSF - 5/30/13 at 7:11am
post #3379 of 16982

Still, it's against the law! However, I realize this is not a thread about morals.

post #3380 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Still, it's against the law! However, I realize this is not a thread about morals.

I remain skepctical.
post #3381 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

THANK YOU, PTO.

That is all; carry on.

Yeah, me t- oh wait never mind. Could really use the bump this week too... frown.gif
post #3382 of 16982

Auctiva.

 

Do the trial then get the $10/mo account.  Unlimited (virtually...I delete photos once every 9 months or so and I do a lot of items) photo hosting, easy interface once you set up templates and get the hang of it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


I've asked this before and the answer I got was "get a mac."
So I bought my wife an iPad with credit card points for a combined birthday/Mother's Day/Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift. I plan to convert to Garage Sale soon.
Up till now I've used Excel to track inventory/profit etc. and Ebay"s "sell similar" feature. I also have to say: the new interface for importing photos from another website is WAAAAY easier. You have to enable that feature under "add remove options" in the picture section. But it means I can have the add photo window open side by side with the ebay listing window Photobucket window, cut and paste the link and then edit the photo, all in the interface. So much easier.
And narrow shoulders; 44 is usually reliably 20" shoulders (even in non-1990s/MC Hammer stuff). You've discovered why this guy has is suits custom made.

Edited by AndroFan - 5/30/13 at 3:00pm
post #3383 of 16982
I ship pre-owned shirts to Brazil , not used. shog[1].gif
Edited by chiron - 5/31/13 at 12:48am
post #3384 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

I exclude that Italian customs have problem with items mentioned above.
I received many times leather goods or clothing from USA, clearly declared as shirts, trousers, shoes etc. both from stores and private members.
Never had a problem with duties, absolutely.

In Italy every parcel shipped from outside EU is processed by customs and every parcel declared over 25$ will pay duties, without exclusions.
The parcels are processed in different airports with different procedures and timing, depending on service used by sender.

The best services maintain their original tracking number even in Italy, others that originally aren't trackable outside original country, could became trackable with a different italian code in the single case when the items is shipped from custom office to recipient and there are duties to be paied, in this case they usually use italian registerd mail to track it.
Calling the customer service/custom office giving original tracking with a bit of trouble in some cases they could help in the search.

Shipping to Italy is pretty easy knowing hot to ship.
But sellers obviusly couldn't know how every national post works, it's the buyer that should know and suggest how to procede in some case.

I just read your entire post in an Italian accent.biggrin.gif

post #3385 of 16982

Hello Gentlemen,

 

I purchased a pair of Hanover shell longwings on eBay a few weeks ago and when I got my hands on them, I noticed there was a crack in back side of one of the shoe, and the other shoe was dry up and looked as if it was going to crack at the front if worn and used. Both of these problems were not listed in the original listing and the pictures didn't show this problem either. Two applications of renovateur and much brushing hasn't helped with the dried out shell problem. 

 

Here's the thing though, I don't live in the USA and had these shoes shipped to my cousin's in CA. I arrived in CA a few days ago and finally got my hands on the shoes which had been waiting for me for about two, maybe three weeks. My cousin confirmed that the shoes had arrived so I had already left the seller a positive rating. Now my question is, am I able to contact the seller for a potential return or am I screwed? I'm thinking, while I'm writing this, that my answer is the latter.

post #3386 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post

Hello Gentlemen,

 

I purchased a pair of Hanover shell longwings on eBay a few weeks ago and when I got my hands on them, I noticed there was a crack in back side of one of the shoe, and the other shoe was dry up and looked as if it was going to crack at the front if worn and used. Both of these problems were not listed in the original listing and the pictures didn't show this problem either. Two applications of renovateur and much brushing hasn't helped with the dried out shell problem. 

 

Here's the thing though, I don't live in the USA and had these shoes shipped to my cousin's in CA. I arrived in CA a few days ago and finally got my hands on the shoes which had been waiting for me for about two, maybe three weeks. My cousin confirmed that the shoes had arrived so I had already left the seller a positive rating. Now my question is, am I able to contact the seller for a potential return or am I screwed? I'm thinking, while I'm writing this, that my answer is the latter.

Ask the seller first. If that fails: from what I've heard, if you open a PayPal dispute for SNAD within 45 days of payment, PayPal will let you ship the item back WITH a tracking number despite what the seller wants. When the tracking system shows the package as delivered, PP will force a refund to you. Go to PP website to open the dispute, not Ebay.

post #3387 of 16982

I've been bidding on an .99p "no reserve" item and the seller is very obviously shill bidding. The price is still reasonable after shipping and I do want the item. But the shilling is really bugging me. Anybody have suggestions?


Edited by kloss - 5/30/13 at 11:14pm
post #3388 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloss View Post

I've been bidding on an .99p "no reserve" item and the seller is very obviously shill bidding. The price is still reasonable after shipping and I do want the item. But the shilling is really bugging me. Anybody have suggestions?

gixen?
post #3389 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by masernaut View Post

Hello Gentlemen,

 

I purchased a pair of Hanover shell longwings on eBay a few weeks ago and when I got my hands on them, I noticed there was a crack in back side of one of the shoe, and the other shoe was dry up and looked as if it was going to crack at the front if worn and used. Both of these problems were not listed in the original listing and the pictures didn't show this problem either. Two applications of renovateur and much brushing hasn't helped with the dried out shell problem. 

 

Here's the thing though, I don't live in the USA and had these shoes shipped to my cousin's in CA. I arrived in CA a few days ago and finally got my hands on the shoes which had been waiting for me for about two, maybe three weeks. My cousin confirmed that the shoes had arrived so I had already left the seller a positive rating. Now my question is, am I able to contact the seller for a potential return or am I screwed? I'm thinking, while I'm writing this, that my answer is the latter.

Def, contact the seller first. If you mention that you used Renovateur on the shoes, eBay will probably side with the seller. In most cases the item has to be unaltered in any way. I had a SNAD case about a month or so ago and mentioned that I was considering buying topy's for a pair of shoes with super thin soles, not disclosed in the listing. Ebay sided with the seller, saying they believe the shoes may have already been altered and were not able to be returned. In fact they had not been altered at all, but ebay stuck with their decision even after an appeal.

post #3390 of 16982
Quote:
Originally Posted by kloss View Post

I've been bidding on an .99p "no reserve" item and the seller is very obviously shill bidding. The price is still reasonable after shipping and I do want the item. But the shilling is really bugging me. Anybody have suggestions?

 

curious what the problem here is.  you are getting the item you want at a price you want.

 

second, please instruct me as to how you know the seller is shill bidding?  seems almost impossible to tell on an online auction.  do you tend to be a paranoid person in general?  walls closing in? zombie apocalypse? 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions