or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 224

post #3346 of 17573
Maybe someone here can help with some minor confusion.

I won an auction 90 min ago as the only bidder on something that should have sold for far more than my bid. 30 min after the end of the auction, the seller re-listed the item before I had a chance to pay. There was no reserve price on the item.

I just paid for the item and the guy hasn't returned my message or taken the new listing down. This guy isn't a power seller - he has 3 other items listed - and I'm not sure why he relisted something that sold and I paid for less than two hours after the end of the auction. Help? I buy and sell on Ebay at least weekly and this is the first time something like this has happened.
post #3347 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

So I bought my wife an iPad for a ...Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift.

This should be sigged.
post #3348 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpc9 View Post

Maybe someone here can help with some minor confusion.

I won an auction 90 min ago as the only bidder on something that should have sold for far more than my bid. 30 min after the end of the auction, the seller re-listed the item before I had a chance to pay. There was no reserve price on the item.

I just paid for the item and the guy hasn't returned my message or taken the new listing down. This guy isn't a power seller - he has 3 other items listed - and I'm not sure why he relisted something that sold and I paid for less than two hours after the end of the auction. Help? I buy and sell on Ebay at least weekly and this is the first time something like this has happened.

He may have multiple numbers of the item.  If you win the auction, it is yours.

post #3349 of 17573
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

What are you using to correct the white balance? I usually just shoot a gray card and then use that for WB. You can do it in camera (check your manual) or I usually do it as soon as I import into Lightroom. With the eye dropper tool in Lightroom click on the pic of the gray card to set the WB, then Sync all the pics in one step.

Gray card: http://www.amazon.com/DGK-Color-Tools-DGK-XL-Lanyard-White/dp/B007FH8MS8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511233
Lightroom 4: http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-65164937-Photoshop-Lightroom-4/dp/B007BG9VLK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369511402
Lightroom is cheap right now because LR 5 will be out really soon. There's already a public beta if you want to try it. I don't think they've announced pricing though.

Thanks for such helpful info!

As of now...nothing shog[1].gif Previously, I was making the effort. I'm using a Sony Alpha A100 and cracked the screen awhile back and haven't had it fixed. One fatal flaw about the Sony Alpha series is that all menu controls need the LCD to make selections, unlike a Nikon.

Rather than repair it, I may just opt for a new camera.

Thanks again, I'll report back after I've done a bit of research!
post #3350 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post

Experienced guys, do you all use selling/listing software? Which is the best for you? I don't have a mac so no Garage sale mad.gif

I have been using the online listing on ebay and it's not that bad but there's gotta be faster ways. I tried the turbo lister ... but it's exactly like the online lister but offline. With my wife, we list like 30 items a week.

Thanks
I've asked this before and the answer I got was "get a mac."
So I bought my wife an iPad with credit card points for a combined birthday/Mother's Day/Thanks for not dying while giving birth to our third gift. I plan to convert to Garage Sale soon.
Up till now I've used Excel to track inventory/profit etc. and Ebay"s "sell similar" feature. I also have to say: the new interface for importing photos from another website is WAAAAY easier. You have to enable that feature under "add remove options" in the picture section. But it means I can have the add photo window open side by side with the ebay listing window Photobucket window, cut and paste the link and then edit the photo, all in the interface. So much easier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

So i picked up an Anderson and Sheppard tux, and I'm not sure what equivalent size to put it down as...

P2P - 23
Shoulder - 19
Sleeve - 24
Lenght BOC - 32
Waist at Button - 24

What is this, some sort of 44L with t-rex arms?
And narrow shoulders; 44 is usually reliably 20" shoulders (even in non-1990s/MC Hammer stuff). You've discovered why this guy has is suits custom made.

Damn, I just bought a new laptop

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
post #3351 of 17573
The latest update to the ebay mobile app will no longer let you update any items that are listed in two categories. The app only loads the primary category, so when you go in to lower the price on a BIN item, for example, it thinks you're also trying to remove the second category. It gives you can error saying "cannot remove second category." I hope they fix this soon, I manage the prices of all my BIN auctions through my phone.
post #3352 of 17573

Ebay development just called me to check-in. Normal?

post #3353 of 17573
They called me last week, so I'd say yes.
post #3354 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post

They called me last week, so I'd say yes.


Alright, good. Paranoia set in...

post #3355 of 17573
Anybody have issues with ordering boxes online and not getting anything delivered ever?

And damn Put This On delivers a ton of hits, like 800 in one day icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #3356 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Anybody have issues with ordering boxes online and not getting anything delivered ever?

And damn Put This On delivers a ton of hits, like 800 in one day icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'm still waiting for a ton of supplies I ordered a while ago.
post #3357 of 17573

I am having the opposite problem with boxes.  I ordered 2 cases of 2 different size boxes and the next day I received 20 cases of 2 different box sizes.

post #3358 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post

I am having the opposite problem with boxes.  I ordered 2 cases of 2 different size boxes and the next day I received 20 cases of 2 different box sizes.

Hah, that's a crazy ammount! 20 cases my goodness where r u going to store all those.
post #3359 of 17573
Ok, forgive my asking a question that I feel like has been asked a million times, but I wasn't paying close attention to the answers when it wasn't me. shog[1].gif

Got my first item not received case opened. Shipped a pair of pants to Italy on 4/22, USPS tracking shows nothing after it left Chicago on 4/24, buyer in Italy says he never received it and opened a case. Should I respond, and how? I don't think I insured them, so if I have to end up eating it it's my own fault and not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to refund him if I don't have to.
post #3360 of 17573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Ok, forgive my asking a question that I feel like has been asked a million times, but I wasn't paying close attention to the answers when it wasn't me. shog[1].gif

Got my first item not received case opened. Shipped a pair of pants to Italy on 4/22, USPS tracking shows nothing after it left Chicago on 4/24, buyer in Italy says he never received it and opened a case. Should I respond, and how? I don't think I insured them, so if I have to end up eating it it's my own fault and not a huge deal, but I'd rather not have to refund him if I don't have to.

Brian provided excellent advice to me when I faced this a couple of weeks ago. Call eBay dispute center. If you uploaded tracking you met your obligations as a seller, so if the case gets escalated, you should win automatically, but a CSR will be able to tell you.

 

I was under the impression that you couldn't (or at least shouldn't) send tailored clothing into Italy, so if you completed the customs forms as clothing they may well have been intercepted. I dont know how that all works.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions