or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 216

post #3226 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

Also, I purchased something on ebay this morning. Used shoes at that. Feels dirty shog[1].gif Even had them shipped all the way across the country to my parents so they could ship them back to avoid paying tax...

Welp... this surely wasn't disclosed in the listing



DEFECTS ON THIS ITEM: Lightly worn soles

ffffuuuu.gif
Edited by VLSI - 5/4/13 at 1:12am
post #3227 of 14560
Sorry to laugh but DAMN!
post #3228 of 14560

I have a bidder that changed his mind on a bid, wants to BIN, once he places the bid (the BIN option is still there) how does he use the BIN option on eBay mobile, he says the BIN button is gone?  Should I just cancel his bid to make it easier for him to BIN, or will he be blocked from BIN when I cancel his bid.

post #3229 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

I have a bidder that changed his mind on a bid, wants to BIN, once he places the bid (the BIN option is still there) how does he use the BIN option on eBay mobile, he says the BIN button is gone?  Should I just cancel his bid to make it easier for him to BIN, or will he be blocked from BIN when I cancel his bid.

Once the price hits a certain % of the BIN (I think 50%) then the BIN is gone. Cancel his bid and hopefully the BIN comes back up... not sure if it will though

post #3230 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

I have a similar instance, but not really the same.

 

Bought these....for a flip of course.

ALDEN CORDOVAN TASSEL DRESS LOAFERS 10.5B/D

A bit bummed that the seller didn't state that the soles are so thin they are unwearable without having repairs done.

 

I contacted him, politely explaining my unexpected disappointment. He said he was sorry I was not happy. He said I could return them, despite not having a return policy. I don't want to return them since the uppers are still in great shape. I really just want him to take responsibility for the information he left out, whether intentionally or not. Not even really pressing for a partial refund since they are not for me (although I think one would be in order), just a proper acceptance of fault. The condition will surely affect my bottom line, since I have the condition listed accurately. Maybe I should have asked if the soles were thin enough to push my fingers through....but I didn't. Seller has higher feedback than I do, I figured he would have mentioned that....my bad on that one.

 

What would the group do?

 

 

Follow up.....

 

 

Hi weso0119,
eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision. We've considered the case carefully and decided not to issue you a refund. We're sorry this didn't work out.
Decision:
This case has been decided in the seller's favor.

Comments:
Based on information provided in the case, the item may no longer be in the same condition you received it. You won't be able to return this item for a refund.

 

 

WTF?? I mean, finally a seller wins a case, but really? I have appealed the decision. Below is my reply.

 

"I think is is a true injustice that the seller can misrepresent an item, in order to sell it for $100 in unwearable condition, yet eBay would decide in his favor, without even a partial refund for damages. As a seller I work hard to uphold the standards set in place by eBay and am absolutely shocked at the double standard apparently at work here. In the past I lost a case and was forced to accept a refund from a buyer who thought Vintage meant New, at no fault of my own. This seller is selling faulty goods with no indication of repairs needed and he can get off without a scratch. I believe I am due at least a partial refund for the deceit of the listing description. I have not altered the shoes in any way, nor have I asked to return them. I am merely asking for a partial refund to help offset the cost of repairs, and for the wear and damage which have greatly affected the value of the shoes."

 

 

But, to put a positive spin on this one....

ALDEN Shell Cordovan Loafers 10.5 D Brown Moc Toe Slip On Tassel Horween Leather

post #3231 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I ship everything either PM or ties and small stuff by PMFREs and insure everything - even if its 12 bucks or something. If it gets lost, you always win an insurance claim, it takes less than 30 seconds, and the payment can be made right to the buyers pp account, no case against you. Its a complete win win. Happened like 5-6 times and is marvelous.

What is PFMRE?
Are you speaking about eBay insurance?
If eBay insurance can you buy it when sending the invoice to the buyer?
Thank you.
post #3232 of 14560

Combined shipping.  I just haven't made a policy.  I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount.  Should I create one and just do it?  Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.

post #3233 of 14560
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Combined shipping.  I just haven't made a policy.  I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount.  Should I create one and just do it?  Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.

I actually don't have a policy in place as most have assumed that purchases can/will be combined to save money. I suppose I should write something in my listings.

I would certainly combine the order and charge him the appropriate amount. He'll (rightly) feel screwed if he has to pay individual shipping prices when the total was less than half. It also means that you might have a repeat customer, something you want to foster.

If someone buys something from me and I happen to have similar items or items of the same size, I'll often quickly message the buyer that, should they want the other items, I can ship them together and save them some money. I get a second sale about 20% of the time this is offered. In the end, it saves me the time of keeping something listed and an extra stop at the shipping place.
post #3234 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcvn65 View Post

What is PFMRE?

Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope.
post #3235 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

Combined shipping.  I just haven't made a policy.  I had a few people purchase multiple items last night, one has requested a total, I'm sure he's expecting a combined shipping discount.  Should I create one and just do it?  Or tell them I don't combine shipping, since there is no policy in place? I'm sure you guys already have all your policies in place, just wondering what you would do.

I use free shipping for all US orders. I do occasionally get requests to combine shipping....which confuses the heck out of me. For international I send a revised invoice with the combined total, as soon as I see the little "buyers eligible for combined purchases" indicator.

 

What is a pain, that I have found, is if someone buys two items and pays for them separately. You can always refund them the difference, but if you want to insure the package, you have to send them separately in order to cover them for the full amount.  

post #3236 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I ship everything either PM or ties and small stuff by PMFREs and insure everything - even if its 12 bucks or something. If it gets lost, you always win an insurance claim, it takes less than 30 seconds, and the payment can be made right to the buyers pp account, no case against you. Its a complete win win. Happened like 5-6 times and is marvelous.

 

Had to ship something to Russia today. $45 value.... Had to use 1st class registered (cost me $28) as there was no way to insure it or guarentee a tracking/signature unless I wanted to spend closer to $40....I think russia is unique though as you can't buy insurance on ebay for russia.

post #3237 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Had to ship something to Russia today. $45 value.... Had to use 1st class registered (cost me $28) as there was no way to insure it or guarentee a tracking/signature unless I wanted to spend closer to $40....I think russia is unique though as you can't buy insurance on ebay for russia.

Russia is a unique situation. Though you can do a manual label and pay at the post office for PMFRE, just not online.
post #3238 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Had to ship something to Russia today. $45 value.... Had to use 1st class registered (cost me $28) as there was no way to insure it or guarentee a tracking/signature unless I wanted to spend closer to $40....I think russia is unique though as you can't buy insurance on ebay for russia.

Russia is a unique situation. Though you can do a manual label and pay at the post office for PMFRE, just not online.

Yea, but not cheap insurance, had to be registered $12 so no go. Was really looking forward to trying out the PMFRE + insurance.

 

On another note, thoughts..... bought these to flip and due to being soo cheap ($6) and in a rush I didnt look them over that well. facepalm.gif

Only Allen Edmonds so worst case they get redonated

 

post #3239 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Yea, but not cheap insurance, had to be registered $12 so no go. Was really looking forward to trying out the PMFRE + insurance.

On another note, thoughts..... bought these to flip and due to being soo cheap ($6) and in a rush I didnt look them over that well. facepalm.gif
Only Allen Edmonds so worst case they get redonated



Disclose it and picture it clearly...I'd say you can still probably get $20-30 BIN for them, maybe more.
post #3240 of 14560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

Yea, but not cheap insurance, had to be registered $12 so no go. Was really looking forward to trying out the PMFRE + insurance.

On another note, thoughts..... bought these to flip and due to being soo cheap ($6) and in a rush I didnt look them over that well. facepalm.gif
Only Allen Edmonds so worst case they get redonated

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Disclose it and picture it clearly...I'd say you can still probably get $20-30 BIN for them, maybe more.

Yea I'm sure, didnt know if there was a way to get this fixed?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions