or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 214

post #3196 of 15311
I think the worst issue is "Zegna suits" when in fact it's only the cloth.
post #3197 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Pretty sure you have to call eBay on their behalf. That's the only way I have found....I may be wrong.

That's correct.  I spoke to eBay and had the strike removed.  The item has to be relisted as BIN and the customer has to buy it and pay for it.  There's no other way.

post #3198 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

I co-list items all the time and never had an issue.

It's been happening to me more and more also. I think Ebay is trolling for it more.
post #3199 of 15311

For those of you that do auctions vs BIN- unpaid items, what would you say your % is?  I've had a rash of them, 4 out of about 12 sold this week.  Fluke?  Pisses me off, especially since my eBay money is my fun money, especially with that Pay Pal debit card!

post #3200 of 15311
You can always cancel the auction sale and Ebay refunds you the listing fees.
post #3201 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Short rant:

I am sick of getting listings ended for browser manipulation just because eBay doesn't know shit about clothes. If I want to sell a Burberry suit that was made by Hickey Freeman I should be able to say it. And try telling the service rep that the Gucci sport coat was really made by Zegna. They don't even know what either if them are. Wont refund my listing fees either. Ugghhhhrrtgghhugggh

End rant.


I've been having an ongoing issue with a pair of RRL chinos that are made with selvedge denim. Another issue is the fact that the actual item name is deadstock boss chino. Called a few times and eBay just gives me endless bs and they even suspended my account one weekend. Been bitching but no real result. Also hate the fact that each rep gives me a different reason on why I'm wrong. Then I ask the rep why another rep said something else and cycle goes on. Worst part is I should easily move time on eBay but not here so it's holding me out of some funds I could use.

TL;dr eBay sucks and no idea what to do
post #3202 of 15311

While we are on the subject of co-listing.

 

Has anyone ever seen a US made Burberry London licensed by HartMarx? Found one last week, seems it was done for a short time but apparently some legal issues arose.

 

 

 

Also this seems encouraging. Basically our only way to fight back against the occasional crappy buyer.

 

post #3203 of 15311
I hope ebay's finally taking a stand to some of the terrible buyers. They ruin ebay for everyone involved.

Also, I purchased something on ebay this morning. Used shoes at that. Feels dirty shog[1].gif Even had them shipped all the way across the country to my parents so they could ship them back to avoid paying tax...
post #3204 of 15311

Must have been pricey, if that was the cheaper option.

post #3205 of 15311
8% on 200. My dad is visiting soon though, so if they make it to him in time I won't have to pay return shipping, which is what I'm hoping.
post #3206 of 15311
On March 14 I shipped a shirt in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope to the Netherlands. Postage was printed on ebay. Buyer sent me a message today that he has not received it yet. Tracking shows nothing after leaving Fayetteville, NC on March 15.

What to do? Does calling the USPS accomplish anything? Does a shipment like this ever take longer than 6 weeks? Refund?
post #3207 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

On March 14 I shipped a shirt in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope to the Netherlands. Postage was printed on ebay. Buyer sent me a message today that he has not received it yet. Tracking shows nothing after leaving Fayetteville, NC on March 15.

What to do? Does calling the USPS accomplish anything? Does a shipment like this ever take longer than 6 weeks? Refund?

Always ALWAYS use the "insure" button on PMFRE's. File an online claim in 2 clicks, get paid in 2 days, basta. You did insure, right? smile.gif
post #3208 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Always ALWAYS use the "insure" button on PMFRE's. File an online claim in 2 clicks, get paid in 2 days, basta. You did insure, right? smile.gif

It is a shirt sold for $58. Insurance costs about 3%. Even if I take a complete loss on this one I am way ahead by not insuring on this kind of shipment.
post #3209 of 15311
I've got a Japanese buyer for a vintage Huntsman riding jacket. 0 feedback, solid offer.

What say the masses: Accept or decline?
post #3210 of 15311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

On March 14 I shipped a shirt in a Priority Mail Flat Rate envelope to the Netherlands. Postage was printed on ebay. Buyer sent me a message today that he has not received it yet. Tracking shows nothing after leaving Fayetteville, NC on March 15.

What to do? Does calling the USPS accomplish anything? Does a shipment like this ever take longer than 6 weeks? Refund?

I had pants sent to netherlands end up in Jamaica. Buyer was quite patient thankfully
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions