+1. We all start at zero (or 1) on ebay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) Last post on Today at 5:03 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 11:50 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 7/30/15 at 4:17pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 7/30/15 at 1:12pm in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 201post #3001 of 222894/20/13 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3002 of 222894/20/13 at 9:26ampost #3003 of 222894/20/13 at 9:36amThread StarterI was happy to find out this morning that I am a power seller, something really unexpected. I've never really looked into it as I thought you needed higher volume than I do.
I quickly looked at the benefits of it...discount on fees, a direct contact in customer service, etc. What I had hoped for was discounted shipping and finally saw that it's offered on some services. I use Hermes Paket Service for all packages within the EU and it said that there are special offers for Hermes, so I clicked on it....
only to find out it's for Germans only. This makes me incredibly frustrated with ebay. If I want to contact customer service, I have to call Germany at 20 cents/minute (or something like that). If I want to print shipping labels directly through ebay, I have to be a registered German. There are few services for Austrian (and I assume Swiss) buyers/sellers in our own country, even though we have ebay.at.
A further gripe is that my search results show results that won't ship to Austria...from Germany. I find something I like, but I have to contact the German seller in order to find out whether they'll ship to me or not. Most do, but the process seems a bit silly. /rantpost #3004 of 222894/20/13 at 11:38ampost #3005 of 222894/20/13 at 11:55amThread StarterQuote:
Congrats! I was actually thinking about you guys in Canada and whether you have your own system, call centers, etc. or whether you're forced to deal out of country for everything.post #3006 of 222894/20/13 at 12:33pmpost #3007 of 222894/20/13 at 4:24pmpost #3008 of 222894/20/13 at 8:00pmpost #3009 of 222894/20/13 at 8:34pmpost #3010 of 222894/20/13 at 8:36pmpost #3011 of 222894/20/13 at 9:10pmpost #3012 of 222894/20/13 at 9:13pmQuote:
I only have 95. Must have something o on with volume of sales too. My impression is that only about half my buyers leave feedback so the number of feedback underrepresents the numbers of sales.post #3013 of 222894/20/13 at 9:20pmQuote:
I did as well...not that I'll get anywhere near that mark but its nice perk to use haha.post #3014 of 222894/20/13 at 9:27pmpost #3015 of 222894/20/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
It just did occur to me, I could relist all my auctions as 1 day and just reup them all every night. That way I have auctions ending every day which is when you get the most traffic. Oddly though, if hundreds or thousands of sellers got this 200,000 listing thing, they would be doing the same. Anarchy on eBay.
- Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 1 minute ago
- › Tour De France is Boring 5 minutes ago
- › Ute Ploier grey mohair long cardigan size M 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 13 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 25 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 34 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 40 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 41 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...