or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1997

post #29941 of 30473

I'm on the @Fueco train today with my ebay response.  I'm selling a shirt for $13.99 + First Class shipping (no best offer).  I get this email:

 

 



badboysharjeel2 has sent a question about item #112160564439, ending on Nov-06-16 18:18:10 PST - Southern Proper Mint Green Talk Derby To Me Men's T-shirt Large
I'll do 10 including shipping.

 

My reply:

 

And I won't.

post #29942 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

Not a subject for this thread so you called out responses a week and half old on a topic that died out instantly?

Just to be clear - the two off-topic, passive aggressive responses to his completely legitimate question was not considered an attempt at derailing the thread, but me calling them out for this gets your attention?
post #29943 of 30473

I'll just leave this here.

 

post #29944 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post

What do you guys think is better for a default pic?



1)




2)



First one is better, in spite of the fact that square would fit better on instagram and some ebay pages. The pattern looks confusing in the second shot, and (IMO) it's best not to obscure the body of the shirt.
post #29945 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post


Just to be clear - the two off-topic, passive aggressive responses to his completely legitimate question was not considered an attempt at derailing the thread, but me calling them out for this gets your attention?

I'm from the most passive-aggressive place on Earth, so I guess my passive aggressive radar didn't go off. As far as off-topic, they were both responses that happened conversationally within the thread. Lots of semi-off topic conversation happens all around styleforum. We're doing it right now. If they had posted their comments a week and a half after the initial post, it may have gotten my attention. 

 

I'm not trying to fight or anything. I just didn't see anything necessarily malicious by either of those posts. There were a few posts within a few hours of the original post, the OP got his answer, and the whole topic died without any arguments. Just seemed weird to bring up a non-issue 11 days later. 

post #29946 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

I'm from the most passive-aggressive place on Earth, so I guess my passive aggressive radar didn't go off. As far as off-topic, they were both responses that happened conversationally within the thread. Lots of semi-off topic conversation happens all around styleforum. We're doing it right now. If they had posted their comments a week and a half after the initial post, it may have gotten my attention. 

I'm not trying to fight or anything. I just didn't see anything necessarily malicious by either of those posts. There were a few posts within a few hours of the original post, the OP got his answer, and the whole topic died without any arguments. Just seemed weird to bring up a non-issue 11 days later. 

Fair enough, but I thought their comments were attempts at baiting him, which is why I thought it was appropriate to respond. Perhaps I should have let it go.
post #29947 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by suited View Post

Fair enough, but I thought their comments were attempts at baiting him, which is why I thought it was appropriate to respond. Perhaps I should have let it go.

Ok guys, call off the dogs. This is getting too heated.
post #29948 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post


Ok guys, call off the dogs. This is getting too heated.

 

I believe in prevention.... so let's stop the person who let them out in the first place.

 

 

  

post #29949 of 30473
I usually get 250 payment received emails on Sunday nights, didnt get a single one. Had to toggle back and forth from PP, copy the auction number and go to eBay to print the label. Took about 9 hours as opposed to the usual 5. So damn annoying. and of course, today after I finish. I get 500 payment received and ship receipt emails back to back, and have to sort them all to see if I did them already or not. Fucking PayPal.
post #29950 of 30473
I don't get payment received emails, but I didn't get iPhone app notifications from last night until this morning. Must have been a system-wide failure.
post #29951 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I usually get 250 payment received emails on Sunday nights, didnt get a single one. Had to toggle back and forth from PP, copy the auction number and go to eBay to print the label. Took about 9 hours as opposed to the usual 5. So damn annoying. and of course, today after I finish. I get 500 payment received and ship receipt emails back to back, and have to sort them all to see if I did them already or not. Fucking PayPal.

I know your whole operation is about 500x what I have going on, but can't you just go to My eBay->Orders->Awaiting Shipment to see what has been paid but hasn't been shipped yet?

post #29952 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post

I know your whole operation is about 500x what I have going on, but can't you just go to My eBay->Orders->Awaiting Shipment to see what has been paid but hasn't been shipped yet?

Yes, but I need to print the PayPal payment page to reconcile the payment, attach the shipping label to, and allocate payment for our consignors.
post #29953 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Yes, but I need to print the PayPal payment page to reconcile the payment, attach the shipping label to, and allocate payment for our consignors.

Ah, the whole consignee thing. My bad. Man, that sucks hard. 

 

Just blast this on repeat for like 30 minutes:

post #29954 of 30473
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I usually get 250 payment received emails on Sunday nights, didnt get a single one. Had to toggle back and forth from PP, copy the auction number and go to eBay to print the label. Took about 9 hours as opposed to the usual 5. So damn annoying. and of course, today after I finish. I get 500 payment received and ship receipt emails back to back, and have to sort them all to see if I did them already or not. Fucking PayPal.

Dont you just print from the ebay sold page "items ready to ship" which only shows the ones that have been paid for 

post #29955 of 30473

Ever had a 4000+ power seller with 100% feedback contact you out of the blue to buy things outside of eBay? Assuming transactions go through PayPal and have tracking info, would everything be kosher?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions