Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 1/16/17 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 1/16/17 at 6:37pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1991post #29852 of 3109510/12/16 at 5:55pmQuote:
Might be wise for everyone to do that anyway. eBay's 2017 changes seem to imply they're going after Amazon and want to offer a more standardized selling format, which may leave sellers of pre-owned items out in the cold. Probably most likely not, but just maybe. Can't find the specific eBay blog post, but that's the idea I got when I read it.
On another note, I don't think I've ever had this many views / watchers on an item and no one has bought the cheese:post #29853 of 3109510/12/16 at 6:01pmQuote:
Wow - I just looked at the feedback they left for others, and yeah - it seems like all they do as of late is buy shoes, later claim to be fake, then leave negative feedback and report to ebay (presumably to get free shoes, but I suppose they could be doing it as a goodwill gesture to get fakes off of ebay...?). Totally bizarre.post #29854 of 3109510/12/16 at 6:11pmpost #29855 of 3109510/12/16 at 6:28pmpost #29856 of 3109510/12/16 at 7:00pm
Thanks again to whoever recommended Dawson Jones (Dr Liv?) - I have a terrible memory when it comes to that.
Anyway, great shop, great selection, great prices, great employees. Had a minor snafu with my last purchase, which they fixed immediately, no questions or hassles - done and done. Made it right.
If you're in the ATL area and need a mannequin, z-racks, whatever - this is the place, and they're open Saturday's which - for me - beats Stamps.post #29857 of 3109510/13/16 at 5:19amQuote:Originally Posted by bpk1
I've never had any listings get cancelled/closed by eBay before, and the one time I had one authenticity concerned person (Rolex, which I fully disclosed the replaced movement to begin with), I took their return. I'm still in shock to be honest. How can they effectively ban me from selling for a week, for a first time issue, where I didn't even get an opportunity to respond? Absolutely ludicrous. If given the chance to actually investigate their concerns, had I found they were fake, I would have taken the auction down immediately.
Seems drastic treatment of a regular seller (who has paid eBay thousands of dollars in the past couple months alone), who has never had any other similar issues or concerns prior to this point... Maybe it's time to explore multiple alternative sales platforms, seeing as eBay can basically do whatever they want (given it's their site, after all).
Edit to add - here's her user ID - I've already blocked her - can't believe she went straight for the legal action/reporting to authorities in her first message to me.
Ya that's crazy and unfair. Did you call eBay?
It sort of reminds me of the Youtube struggles people had as everyone was reporting copyright and instead of actually investigating Youtube was just deleting videos and banning peoplepost #29858 of 3109510/13/16 at 10:50amThread Starter@bpk1:
Really sorry to hear about that, that's truly terrible. While they/she may be doing a service by reporting fake stuff, it's certainly not the best manner to do it. For starters, people like you are getting caught in this dragnet and A) your stuff may not have been fake, and B) there was no discourse or opportunity to appeal.
What really gets me, however, is the tone of the entire message. She's implying that she's a representative of both eBay and The Purse Forum with no indication that she's acting in any sort of official capacity. If I were in charge at either organization, I wouldn't like that message being sent to anyone. Her thinly veiled threats and self-righteousness also get under my skin. Statements such as
reek of passive-aggressiveness.
I'm sure you've gotten some solid advice via PM, but you definitely need to force some answers from eBay. Any rogue group of people that are actively working to police eBay and have action taken against users is dangerous, no matter how good their intentions. Best of luck to you, please post an update on the situation or any answers/info you receive.post #29859 of 3109510/13/16 at 10:58ampost #29860 of 3109510/13/16 at 12:13pm
@bpk1, I opened an Etsy account today. It took all of 30 seconds. Time to diversify a little. Sorry this happened to you. I'm hoping for a good outcome.
ETA: I've heard some good things about a site called Posh Mark as well. I don't know anything about it though. It may be for women only, it hints at that but I don't see anything on it in the faqs and info on the site itself.
Edited by classicthrifter - 10/13/16 at 5:34pmpost #29861 of 3109510/13/16 at 12:31pm
Had 5 boxes setting on the porch last week for pickup, I happened to be home because I had knee surgery and I noticed they were there at 1230 still and at 2 I got a knock from a mail carrier asking about. I told him they were there an hour ago and he said oh, the other guy must have grabbed them. Of course now, all 5 are showing no tracking and never show being scanned in; however, I have the confirmation from USPS that they picked up 5 that day.
I'm going to go ahead and refund the buyers as it's not their fault but what are the odds I win this with USPS to recover my $375 loss?post #29862 of 3109510/13/16 at 12:43pm
If they were first class I don't think you can get any money back. If priority mail, you get what they insured for ($50/$100 depending on seller level on ebay, I think) if tracking shows they were scanned in, but lost. That is my understanding.
edit: I imagine USPS documentation that they were picked up should count for something.post #29863 of 3109510/13/16 at 1:09pmpost #29864 of 3109510/13/16 at 3:56pmpost #29865 of 3109510/13/16 at 4:12pm
I don't remember who originally posted these (and thanks to whoever did - I use them on occasion), but, I'm wondering if that person could do me a huge proper and edit them for me / how I measure? If so:
- For pants and suits, I never measure across the knee - can that "across knee" be removed?
- For jackets and suits, I measure shoulders across the top at the seams (where I put the red arrows) - can that be moved up? (incidentally, more often than not, I get asked to re-measure using those top points, and I explain that's where I actually do measure...).
Again, if so - thank you in advance! If not, no biggie and no worries.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Bjj/mma 11 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 17 minutes ago
- › SANTONI LACE-UPS UNISEX SHOES 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...