Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:09 am in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 9/3/16 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1924post #28847 of 300147/26/16 at 11:35ampost #28848 of 300147/26/16 at 1:30pmpost #28849 of 300147/26/16 at 10:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by txwoodworker
Now I feel a bit like a schmuck. I messaged the tie guy, politely explaining that the return was no problem, but the reason was going to be an issue with ebay. He cancelled the return, said he's going to return it anyways and I can charge him for any fees. First time I've ever unblocked someone.
I had this same problem today on an item from 3 weeks ago. I messaged the guy that i don't return the shipping costs because it was as described. Then I accidentally accepted the return. eBay has it on a one click option. no confirmation or anything. Everything else on the site has a confirmation with details. This does not. There's also not even an option to say you will accept it but they pay shipping. You have to escalate the case which if you loose, you get a mark against you. Its another way eBay forcing sellers to offer easy returns like other large online sellers.
I'm pretty sure you don't get dinged for accepting the return as they asked for it. This is the second time I accidentally refunded the buyer and I don't have any NAD marks.
I only offer this 30 day return BS to get the TRS discount.post #28850 of 300147/27/16 at 7:56ampost #28851 of 300147/27/16 at 9:00ampost #28852 of 300147/27/16 at 10:10ampost #28853 of 300147/27/16 at 10:58ampost #28854 of 300147/28/16 at 5:38ampost #28855 of 300147/28/16 at 6:27amNeed some thoughts. I sold a parka to a buyer and because I mailed it out late and it did not get to him in time, I agreed to a return. It was return shipped on the 18th, arrived at the NYC sorting facility (10199) on 07/21, then "forwarded" and "arrived" at the same post office (10199). I had been communicating with the buyer this whole time and things seemed reasonable.
Yesterday, I received a "Return Requested" e-mail from eBay and stated I have to issue a refund. As I have yet to receive the package, with his tracking as proof, can the buyer still force a refund?
I appreciate feedback.post #28856 of 300147/28/16 at 7:18ampost #28857 of 300147/28/16 at 7:21amQuote:
Same thing in Canada. Was all around the news at that time, everything you sell on ebay is now taxable.post #28858 of 300147/28/16 at 8:02amQuote:
Refunded from their pocket or yours?post #28859 of 300147/28/16 at 8:24amQuote:
I hate to ask this, but did you call? I've never won a case, no matter how one sided, without a phone call. I've uploaded pictures, then immediately called. The person on the line has access to what you've uploaded. There's probably a person who handles all the web only requests and hits a check box for thousands of cases at once that says "side with buyer" It's total BS, and it will take more than one call, most likely, but they will give you your money back out of their own pockets eventually.post #28860 of 300147/28/16 at 8:44amQuote:Yea haven't had time to call yet but I definitely amOriginally Posted by txwoodworker
I hate to ask this, but did you call? I've never won a case, no matter how one sided, without a phone call. I've uploaded pictures, then immediately called. The person on the line has access to what you've uploaded. There's probably a person who handles all the web only requests and hits a check box for thousands of cases at once that says "side with buyer" It's total BS, and it will take more than one call, most likely, but they will give you your money back out of their own pockets eventually.
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 30 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 32 seconds ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › looking for a 3/4 length double breasted coat 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...