Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on 12/3/16 at 11:52am in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1903post #28532 of 304867/7/16 at 9:17pmQuote:
I'd say either usps priority or priority medium flat rate box (depends on the weight if flat rate will be worth the $60-something price tag to the UK) Priority will arrive to the UK fairly quickly also and have tracking and signature confirmation option. If it's an inexpensive item and under 4 lbs, I would just do usps 1st class international. As far as declared value, up to you. I personally don't change the value of anything but others on here with more experience shipping international may say differently.post #28533 of 304867/7/16 at 10:42pmpost #28534 of 304867/7/16 at 10:55pmQuote:
Don't use UPS for international shipments. They charge huge fees on top of whatever VAT the item's value requires. I use USPS exclusively for international shipments. Anything 4 lbs and under is First Class International.
Whether you are willing to lie on a Federal customs form to save your buyer some money is entirely up to you. I make it clear in my listings that VAT and other taxes are the responsibility of the buyer as required by the government of their country. I've only had a couple of people complain. Anyway, I print my postage through eBay, and it always prints out the customs forms with the sale value automatically in the right spots.post #28535 of 304867/7/16 at 11:02pmpost #28536 of 304867/8/16 at 5:28amThread StarterI wanted to recommend a cart that I picked up at IKEA. A lot of their office stuff is functional and budget-friendly. They have these on clearance:
They were normally €50 but are on sale for €20. Really sturdy with nice wheels. I grabbed a couple for photo equipment and shipping supplies, since I'm always moving around. I'm going to get another one or two for my garage to carry tools.
It looks like they're $29.99 in the US, though I'm not sure if that's a sale price.
Edited to add: These aren't plastic, but metal and relatively heavy at 10kg/21lbs.
The name is "Råskog."
Austrian link (€20 price in-store): http://www.ikea.com/at/de/catalog/products/50227973/
US link ($29.99): http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50227973/post #28537 of 304867/8/16 at 5:35ampost #28538 of 304867/8/16 at 5:55ampost #28539 of 304867/8/16 at 5:57ampost #28540 of 304867/8/16 at 6:07amQuote:
From the perspective of someone in the UK.
1. Whoever is best in the US, if they have a UK presence (like UPS) then they may stay with the same shipping company from start to finish, if not they will get passed across to Parcelforce once it gets to the UK and they are at best OK.
2. Not if you want to insure it, and if it is worth any reasonable amount of money, you will want to insure it. In the UK we also get charge VAT and import duties on the shipping cost, so if it is fairly expensive to ship then your buyer is going to get charged whatever.
Personally I wouldn't sell to someone who wanted me to value the package lower, it's too risky.post #28541 of 304867/8/16 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Didn't someone on this thread get suspended from eBay at one point? Maybe there's hope:
eBay Begins Campaign to Reinstate Suspended Accounts
By Ina Steiner
July 07, 2016
@eazyepost #28542 of 304867/8/16 at 8:41ampost #28543 of 304867/8/16 at 9:16ampost #28544 of 304867/8/16 at 10:38ampost #28545 of 304867/8/16 at 11:00am
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 42 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...