Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum at Paris Market Week 2016 - Capsule, Tranoi, Man Shows Last post on 1/15/16 at 9:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/19/17 at 7:27pm in Classic Menswear
- Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing) Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- The official list of online stores Last post on 12/7/16 at 2:35pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Price Drop! Onward Kashiyama brand, Magee of donegal navy donegal tweed Jacket size 34/36Short,... Last post on 2/4/17 at 1:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?
Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Miami Shopping: 3 Great StoresLast edited: 3/22/16
- What are denim "slub"? What is selvedge? Common denim...Last edited: 3/23/16
- Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1903post #28532 of 318487/7/16 at 9:17pmQuote:
I'd say either usps priority or priority medium flat rate box (depends on the weight if flat rate will be worth the $60-something price tag to the UK) Priority will arrive to the UK fairly quickly also and have tracking and signature confirmation option. If it's an inexpensive item and under 4 lbs, I would just do usps 1st class international. As far as declared value, up to you. I personally don't change the value of anything but others on here with more experience shipping international may say differently.post #28533 of 318487/7/16 at 10:42pmpost #28534 of 318487/7/16 at 10:55pmQuote:
Don't use UPS for international shipments. They charge huge fees on top of whatever VAT the item's value requires. I use USPS exclusively for international shipments. Anything 4 lbs and under is First Class International.
Whether you are willing to lie on a Federal customs form to save your buyer some money is entirely up to you. I make it clear in my listings that VAT and other taxes are the responsibility of the buyer as required by the government of their country. I've only had a couple of people complain. Anyway, I print my postage through eBay, and it always prints out the customs forms with the sale value automatically in the right spots.post #28535 of 318487/7/16 at 11:02pmpost #28536 of 318487/8/16 at 5:28amThread StarterI wanted to recommend a cart that I picked up at IKEA. A lot of their office stuff is functional and budget-friendly. They have these on clearance:
They were normally €50 but are on sale for €20. Really sturdy with nice wheels. I grabbed a couple for photo equipment and shipping supplies, since I'm always moving around. I'm going to get another one or two for my garage to carry tools.
It looks like they're $29.99 in the US, though I'm not sure if that's a sale price.
Edited to add: These aren't plastic, but metal and relatively heavy at 10kg/21lbs.
The name is "Råskog."
Austrian link (€20 price in-store): http://www.ikea.com/at/de/catalog/products/50227973/
US link ($29.99): http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50227973/post #28537 of 318487/8/16 at 5:35ampost #28538 of 318487/8/16 at 5:55ampost #28539 of 318487/8/16 at 5:57ampost #28540 of 318487/8/16 at 6:07amQuote:
From the perspective of someone in the UK.
1. Whoever is best in the US, if they have a UK presence (like UPS) then they may stay with the same shipping company from start to finish, if not they will get passed across to Parcelforce once it gets to the UK and they are at best OK.
2. Not if you want to insure it, and if it is worth any reasonable amount of money, you will want to insure it. In the UK we also get charge VAT and import duties on the shipping cost, so if it is fairly expensive to ship then your buyer is going to get charged whatever.
Personally I wouldn't sell to someone who wanted me to value the package lower, it's too risky.post #28541 of 318487/8/16 at 7:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Didn't someone on this thread get suspended from eBay at one point? Maybe there's hope:
eBay Begins Campaign to Reinstate Suspended Accounts
By Ina Steiner
July 07, 2016
@eazyepost #28542 of 318487/8/16 at 8:41ampost #28543 of 318487/8/16 at 9:16ampost #28544 of 318487/8/16 at 10:38ampost #28545 of 318487/8/16 at 11:00am
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 26 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway