or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1897

post #28441 of 30504
Had a shirt Return-to-sender'd because of a bad address. Guy gives me a different address, and asks me to resend. How do I go about charging him shipping for this?
post #28442 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetBlatzed View Post

Had a shirt Return-to-sender'd because of a bad address. Guy gives me a different address, and asks me to resend. How do I go about charging him shipping for this?
Had the same thing happen before. Send the buyer a shipping quote and don't ship until you receive the additional funds. He can not leave bad feedback that will stick.
post #28443 of 30504

^Send an invoice for it through PayPal.

post #28444 of 30504

anyone here sold to justlikenone before? his strategy is to belittle your items in the message and low ball on price.  not saying he is a bad buyer, just a funny strategy.  he calls out the tiniest of perceived imperfections while offering well under 50% of your asking price.  counters are even funnier and he ups the price to somewhere closer to reasonable.  i have giggled audibly at each of his messages that accompany the offer.

post #28445 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed View Post
 

anyone here sold to justlikenone before? his strategy is to belittle your items in the message and low ball on price.  not saying he is a bad buyer, just a funny strategy.  he calls out the tiniest of perceived imperfections while offering well under 50% of your asking price.  counters are even funnier and he ups the price to somewhere closer to reasonable.  i have giggled audibly at each of his messages that accompany the offer.

Sounds like that elvis_decanters guy...

post #28446 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post


You are good. Just provide all of the information that you have. There shouldn't be any problem. Once you upload the information, handle correspondence with PayPal via phone.

edit: Then provide username deets so that we can promptly block the douchebag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNeedMachine View Post

And post here pls.

Username is: harbeyp

Got my money back with tracking / positive feedback info. Didn't hear anything from buyer throughout
post #28447 of 30504

What is eBay's policy when a seller does not offer combined shipping but combines shipping on their end?

I recently purchased 5 sport coats and paid $13.95 EACH for shipping and was more than a little pissed off when they all arrived (very wrinkled) in one USPS Priority Mail box.
post #28448 of 30504
That some underhanded bullshit. I'd call.
post #28449 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffthis View Post


What is eBay's policy when a seller does not offer combined shipping but combines shipping on their end?


I recently purchased 5 sport coats and paid $13.95 EACH for shipping and was more than a little pissed off when they all arrived (very wrinkled) in one USPS Priority Mail box.

It's a bad packing job. Did you contact the seller to ask about a shipping discount prior to purchasing?
post #28450 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffthis View Post


What is eBay's policy when a seller does not offer combined shipping but combines shipping on their end?

I recently purchased 5 sport coats and paid $13.95 EACH for shipping and was more than a little pissed off when they all arrived (very wrinkled) in one USPS Priority Mail box.
Contact buyer, ask for shipping discount. Or money back to pay for having them pressed at the cleaners.

Did they say the stuff may be wrinkled in the description? If not, hit his ass with a NAD if he doesn't give you a refund. Did the same thing to a seller who charged me 15 to ship and then sent two shirts and a SC in a flat rate envelope(!)

Refused any refunds, eBay ruled in my favor 20 min after escalation
post #28451 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

It's a bad packing job. Did you contact the seller to ask about a shipping discount prior to purchasing?

I tried but eBay's automated inquiry format made it hard to ask for a shipping discount. When prompted, the answer was the seller doesn't offer discounts. I didn't see another way to ask them .

Reading eBay's Terms of Service, it says the seller can only charge actual costs plus handling fees for supplies, etc.

I paid $13.95 x 5 = $69.75 for a package that probably cost the seller $10 - $15 to mail.

This appears to violate the Terms of Service, correct?
post #28452 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLW View Post

Contact buyer, ask for shipping discount. Or money back to pay for having them pressed at the cleaners.

Did they say the stuff may be wrinkled in the description? If not, hit his ass with a NAD if he doesn't give you a refund. Did the same thing to a seller who charged me 15 to ship and then sent two shirts and a SC in a flat rate envelope(!)

Refused any refunds, eBay ruled in my favor 20 min after escalation

I don't want to return the items. They fit well and were an excellent bargain. I just feel ripped off by the combined shipping on their end.
post #28453 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffthis View Post


I don't want to return the items. They fit well and were an excellent bargain. I just feel ripped off by the combined shipping on their end.

I've dealt with this situation before. I asked for combined shipping prior to paying for both items. The seller said no, I paid anyways. Seller shipped combined. I asked for a refund totaling the difference, which the seller complied with. I would ask for the difference to be refunded to you, if the seller declines, escalate through ebay. As others have pointed out there are a few avenues you could take if you wanted to pursue further.

post #28454 of 30504

You will have to look at the listing again, there's a spot for just asking the seller a generic question, there's always a way to get in touch with the seller.

You agreed to the price, including shipping without a combined discount.  All the seller is guilty of is a bad packing job, and I've seen worse.  I got a pair of shoes from the UK in a paper bag wrapped with scotch tape.  They survived, but holy shit.  

My point is, you weren't ripped off, you paid no more than you expected to.  You said yourself you got a great deal and you won't be returning the items.  The seller is under no obligation to give you a refund, even though it would be a good business practice to do so.  I go through my auctions Sunday evening and send combined invoices to everyone that hasn't paid yet, but I don't typically refund those who already paid, although I will if someone contacts me. I have received a few notes of thanks for combined shipping, and good packaging, even though my packing doesn't come close to some of the amazing packing jobs some of the sellers here do.

post #28455 of 30504
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post

You will have to look at the listing again, there's a spot for just asking the seller a generic question, there's always a way to get in touch with the seller.
You agreed to the price, including shipping without a combined discount.  All the seller is guilty of is a bad packing job, and I've seen worse.  I got a pair of shoes from the UK in a paper bag wrapped with scotch tape.  They survived, but holy shit.  
My point is, you weren't ripped off, you paid no more than you expected to.  You said yourself you got a great deal and you won't be returning the items.  The seller is under no obligation to give you a refund, even though it would be a good business practice to do so.  I go through my auctions Sunday evening and send combined invoices to everyone that hasn't paid yet, but I don't typically refund those who already paid, although I will if someone contacts me. I have received a few notes of thanks for combined shipping, and good packaging, even though my packing doesn't come close to some of the amazing packing jobs some of the sellers here do.

Thanks for your response. I agreed to pay separate shipping costs for separate shipping.

It seems to me that the seller is violating eBay's TOS by having the shipping costs be a profit center ($69.75 combined shipping cost to buyer and $15 cost to buyer).

Here is eBay's TOS for seller shipping:

Sellers are allowed to:

Charge actual shipping costs
Include the cost of packaging materials, insurance, and delivery
Include delivery confirmation or extra services in the handling cost

Sellers aren't allowed to:

Charge more than the maximum shipping costs in categories with shipping caps
Charge a separate fee for insurance
Charge for business-related fees such as employee wages or gas mileage
Include contradictory or confusing shipping terms in your listing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions