or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions - Page 1896

post #28426 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by txwoodworker View Post
 

Why do the worst fakes in the world get bid up?  Description from the auction:

 

Burberry Tie, Handkerchief, and Cuff Links. Black and grey in box. Never used. 100% Polyester. Made in London.

 

Seriously, I will never understand that.

If you look at the box, it says "Burberry - Made in Lodon", assuming we're looking at the same listing.

post #28427 of 30427

That's funny, I didn't even bother looking at the pics, I recognized it as one of the "standard" fakes you normally see.  The ones that don't even try actually being believable.  What got me is the bidding on it.  I guess the dork that wins deserves what he gets in this case, it's not like the really, really good fakes that you can only tell by some label aberration.

post #28428 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post

I am a very lenient seller. I will ship First Class International all over the world with a few exceptions. However, there is only one country in the world that is blocked from bidding on my items. Yep, you guessed it... China. I shipped three things over there in my early days of selling. Two were "lost" and one was received "heavily damaged and unusable". I don't have time for that shit. 

Yeah that's extremely frustrating.

Interestingly enough, the buyer messaged me again so I looked a little closer at their feedback - and they had a recent $3,900 (actual sold price is above $3,100 based on advance sold listings comparison) purchase linked below and rec'd positive feedback from the seller ("Smooth transaction, wonderful buyer, highly recommend. AAA+++++")
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asprey-of-London-18k-White-Gold-Pendant-Pin-/301941157576?nma=true&si=byPFqyGsOmGbGc2lr8D9W7ITtLI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
post #28429 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G from SD View Post
 

Do any of you guys ship First Class International to Canada? Had a bidder ask if I would do that.

 

I checked the USPS website and it says tracking is not available, but I feel like I've read some of you say that tracking is possible. Or have i mistaken...

Didn't realize I was bidding on something from a member. Thanks for the shipping hook-up!

post #28430 of 30427

FYI if you put a note like this in your offer it gets auto declined "Hopefully your photos are true to color of fabric, and the measurements are good - I've spent about $50 returning suits because of color difference or defects/mis-measured."

post #28431 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianpore View Post
 

FYI if you put a note like this in your offer it gets auto declined "Hopefully your photos are true to color of fabric, and the measurements are good - I've spent about $50 returning suits because of color difference or defects/mis-measured."

Is there a pleasant way to tell a person like this that they should only use eBay as a last resort? Assumably, if you're wearing suits a lot, you probably live in a city and there is probably at least one higher end consignment shop.

post #28432 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Main Man View Post
 

Is there a pleasant way to tell a person like this that they should only use eBay as a last resort? Assumably, if you're wearing suits a lot, you probably live in a city and there is probably at least one higher end consignment shop.

 

I mean, if he's casting aspersions on brian's photos, he automatically relinquishes the right to shop for clothes online.

post #28433 of 30427

Thrifting brethren.

 

Needs some help on this weave. Like a large end-on-end. two primary colors in the weave are a black and an almost copper, but the affect is brown.

 

post #28434 of 30427

^^^ pick and pick

 

EDIT: to be fair, i think pick & pick (sharkskin) is really only for finer worsted suiting. i'd just call it tweed.


Edited by double00 - 6/29/16 at 7:58pm
post #28435 of 30427

I'm thinking of selling one of my most prized SC's because I doubt it's ever going to fit me right and I haven't worn it in over a year. I just tried it on and realized that it had the stitching around the arm holes coming apart a bit. This is something that should definitely be fixed prior to selling it right? Guessing that a jacket without a damage disclaimer will do better than one with seams coming apart.


No brainer here?

post #28436 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I'm thinking of selling one of my most prized SC's because I doubt it's ever going to fit me right and I haven't worn it in over a year. I just tried it on and realized that it had the stitching around the arm holes coming apart a bit. This is something that should definitely be fixed prior to selling it right? Guessing that a jacket without a damage disclaimer will do better than one with seams coming apart.


No brainer here?

I've confroted this scenario quite a few times, where theres a little bit of damage and you need to decide whether you fix it or list as is. Bascially if its a simple restitching of a seam or a button being reattached, shoes needing perhaps a professionals hand and really getting the job done, stain removal etc.. etc... These should always be doe by you prior to selling. They are cheap and easy fixes that will definitely be worth the money you make without have the need of mentioning a flaw. 1. Flaws deter buyers because it's a inconvenience to them once they get the item, and 2. makes them doubt the items integrity as a whole. If this stitching is just on a seam and seems like an easy fix, 100% have it repaired before you flip it, no question. The more sever the damage however, the more one must weigh pros and cons, this however seems to be something to definitely take care of, especially if the item is worth good money. 

post #28437 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by double00 View Post
 

^^^ pick and pick

 

EDIT: to be fair, i think pick & pick (sharkskin) is really only for finer worsted suiting. i'd just call it tweed.

thanks. I hate to call it tweed as its a silk blend and lighter than it looks. adding tweed makes it sound heavy.

post #28438 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebarne View Post

thanks. I hate to call it tweed as its a silk blend and lighter than it looks. adding tweed makes it sound heavy.

Spring silk tweed or ultralight summer tweed sounds really nice though.
post #28439 of 30427

New message from: namehidden (22Yellow Star)

 

I like this suit for my wedding. Please give special discount. 

Gracias, 
Kay
post #28440 of 30427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson v Post View Post




New message from: namehidden (22Yellow Star
)






 



I like this suit for my wedding. Please give special discount. 


Gracias, 

Kay


Dear Kay,

I am not going to sell you this suit. Period. I do so in hopes that you will have nothing to wear and have to call the wedding off. That is the best gift anyone could possibly give you, trust me.

Best, PvP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions